It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bastards.....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 01:11 PM
link   
www.msnbc.com... lingering opposition to U.S. actions in Iraq, France�s foreign minister dismissed a U.S. effort to get more nations to send soldiers to back up its troops in Iraq, saying an international force should instead be sent with a U.N. mandate.

Ahead of the meetings, French Foreign Minister Dominique de Villepin urged the coalition powers to switch from �a logic of occupation to a logic of sovereignty� in Iraq.
�We can�t make do with adjusting or enlarging the current plan,� he told the daily Le Monde.
�The right thing would be to bring into play a true international force under the mandate of the United Nations. Sovereignty is a matter of urgency,� Villepin added.
Powell made clear Thursday that a broadening of the international involvement in Iraq would not mean the United States would cede any control of the country. France and others insist they cannot send troops on such terms.
His push for a new Security Council resolution to draw more troops, police or financial assistance met resistance from Russia, Germany and France. The three countries said the United Nations should be given a larger role in Iraq�s future and asked for a timetable to end the occupation.

France is at in again, look, the US made a choice but people, including your own, are dying, let's stop with this kind of crap.

[Edited on 22-8-2003 by Shining Wizard]

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I dont understand who are you calling as "Bastards"? Surely not the French, Russians or Germans?

Look it is US lies and mess, you clean it.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FULCRUM
I dont understand who are you calling as "Bastards"? Surely not the French, Russians or Germans?

Look it is US lies and mess, you clean it.

That was the UN HQ that just got bomber, but I guess the Spineless Russia er I mean the UN doesn't care about the deaths of thier "comrades" now does it?

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I was a little surprized when I heard the US going to the UN again. The UN and France had nothing to do with US involvement in Iraq. I hope it stays that. Do we really want them there. The UN has never fixed anything. The UN is all about talk not action.
Besides the French can't even handle a heat wave,they would wilt in the Iraqi desert.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Russians are hardly "spineless", think before posting.. It was Russia that won the ww2 and it was Russia that first declared war on terrorism.. Chechen and international.. at that time US claimed that there werent any "international terrorists" around.. Boy were they wrong.. or were they?

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I can fully understand why Shining Wizard hopes that the International community might now come in and clean up the mess left by the "Coalition".

All without giving up control of Iraq of course.

1/French troops get killed instead.

2Germany has to pay for it.

3/Russian troops take over from those US troops who've had their tour extended.So that they can rest up and attack the next country without UN authorisation.

Get a life Shining Wizard.Your mess you clear it up unless you want to give up control.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Russians are hardly "spineless", think before posting.. It was Russia that won the ww2 and it was Russia that first declared war on terrorism.. Chechen and international.. at that time US claimed that there werent any "international terrorists" around.. Boy were they wrong.. or were they?

Russia's winter and Patton won the "European theatre" as i recall Russia was firmly getting there asses kicked all across the country until the US made some noise in the eastern front. Read much do ya?

Don't even understand your second comment, I am pretty sure we were aware of terrorists and never remember us claiming we weren't. Russia had no choice but to fight and if I remember correctly afganistan handed Russia it'sbum straight up, Russia lost the cold war, communism fell, the rebels ripped Russia apart and the sad thing is the commoner which was the backbone of Russia was # on and made to wait in line 6 hours for potato's. Now you wanna talk sense or what?

[Edited on 22-8-2003 by Shining Wizard]

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyeff
I was a little surprized when I heard the US going to the UN again. The UN and France had nothing to do with US involvement in Iraq. I hope it stays that. Do we really want them there. The UN has never fixed anything. The UN is all about talk not action.
Besides the French can't even handle a heat wave,they would wilt in the Iraqi desert.

You are sick puppy and you should be put down.. making "fun" of 10000 old people dying of heat..
and US is crying for UN as they cant handle 1 soldier KIA per day.. during ww2 Russians and Germans lost during hardest fighting some 30000 per day.. KIA.. puts 1 per day in some scale.. it isnt even war..

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
I can fully understand why Shining Wizard hopes that the International community might now come in and clean up the mess left by the "Coalition".

All without giving up control of Iraq of course.

1/French troops get killed instead.

2Germany has to pay for it.

3/Russian troops take over from those US troops who've had their tour extended.So that they can rest up and attack the next country without UN authorisation.

Get a life Shining Wizard.Your mess you clear it up unless you want to give up control.

We asked for you help, it was your HQ that was destroyed, no if you don't want to help, don't bitch about oil prices next year.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 01:40 PM
link   
US on Eastern front?

No dude.. only Russians.. Russians who won the war.. with out them the "allies" would have lost.

Shining Wizard to you also.. big can of STFU!

I aint Russian.. ignorant mofo..

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 01:45 PM
link   
You did see the smiley at the right.? I doubt that 10,000+ have died from the heat. It has to something else.
But to stick to the topic, I don't think the French or Russians or Germans should be there. Unless they want to be. None of them had the guts to remove Saddam. Something that should have done 12 years ago. I find it embarrasing that we went to the UN. Also the cleanup will take twice as long with the UN involved.
The only reason I think we asked the UN for help is to try and smooth over diplomatic ties that were broken.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 01:45 PM
link   

US on Eastern front?

No dude.. only Russians.. Russians who won the war.. with out them the "allies" would have lost.

Shining Wizard to you also.. big can of STFU!

I aint Russian.. ignorant mofo..

Typo I meant western front, but if you think you won your point your silly, here is a history lesson.

Russia was getting destroyed on the Eastern Front, pulling back 50-100 miles a day, Hitler had Russia in the palm of his hand, when all the sudden, bam here comes the US to aid Britain on the Eastern Front (france already had their white flags up at this point) then D-Day, well good old Hitler, being the dumbass that he is, decided well I have to beat the British, so he cut off supplies to his troops in Russia,you following me, I know it's a lot of words, well the Germans in Russia were running out of ammo, dressed in Khaki's and short sleeve shirts and it was getting real cold out, see where I am going with this UNI? they froze, that's it, it wasn't Russia, it was the winter and Hitler's obsession with Britain, so please understand history before you call me a "mofo" mofo

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 01:50 PM
link   
As a U.S. Citizen I believe Iraq is our mess. I can't believe we are asking for help when we are the ones who started this quagmire.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Members must remember that US education especially as regards the Eastern Front is selective.We should all feel sorry for Shining Wizard.It is a shame he wishes to flaunt his ignorance.

As for the attack on the UN HQ.You will know that it is the responsibility of th occupying power as regards security.
As it is law and order.
As it is the wellfare of the people of Iraq.
As it is getting essential services online.

If it was too big a job why did you take it on?

Because you thought you could do it on the cheap and cream of the rewards.

It may be glib of me to say you should of waited for a second UN resolution but the considering that would of been dependent on the weapons inspectors finding something and it is obvious now that US/UK Intelligence would of been no help.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 01:51 PM
link   

The Russia got kick azz in 1941..

US and UK arived at Normady in June 1944.. at that time Russians where chasing the routet remains of German army at eastern front..

It was the Russians that took the Berlin..

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   

It was Russia that won the ww2

Uhh... what???

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 01:57 PM
link   

If it was too big a job why did you take it on?

I don't think it is too big a job. It will be taken care of in time. IMO. I think everyones expectations were to big. Everyone thought we would be in and out a few months. But you can't expect a place that was under a dictorship, with totally differant beliefs to be cleaned up and running anytime soon.

[Edited on 8/22/03 by nyeff]

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 01:57 PM
link   
John Bull 1.. you are right it seems he doesnt know anything about it.. witch is kinda odd AS IT WAS AND STILL IS LARGEST CAMPAING EVER.. (eastern front / Barbarossa..) and as such it most likely will remain.. I myself have been looking at "The World at War" series.. now.. even Jeremy Isacs admits that 2/3 of germans fought at eastern front.. and Churchill is filmed in it sayin "The Russians won"
or something like that.. but it is a fact.. USSR was the only reason why "allies" won..

[Edited on 22-8-2003 by FULCRUM]

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I'm wondering what all these history lessons have to do with the topic at hand.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 02:00 PM
link   

[Edited on 22-8-2003 by Hyperspace]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join