It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Country is the Biggest Threat?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by christconserv
By the way, china has been occupying Tibet for many years now. They have treated the Tibetan people like dogs. Why is the U.S.A so evil in comparison to an obvious totalitarian and expansionist regime such as China?

Gandhi did pretty well with the non-violent method of protest; alas Tibet seems (very sadly) to be completely suppressed by the Chinese occupation.

The comparison between the US and China in this aspect might be a little like comparing apples to oranges; for centuries, Tibet and China were disputing who really had the fairest claim to Tibet, and the US has never really undergone anything of this nature....uh...wait. Ok, never mind Tinkles. Colonists vs. indigenous natives of the US. I just shot my own argument down.

Shutting up now

(though it should be stated that if certain nations - the US, for one - didn't offer blanket trade agreements at the expense of human rights issues, other certain nations - China, for example - might find it more difficult to enjoy such carte blanche "takeovers")

Sadly, money talks.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TN1

The greatest threat from all is stupidity!!!!

Stupidity as well as ignorance are responsible for what is happening around the globe.

There is much unfairness, poverty, discrimination, misery, war & famine, and everybody knows it, in a sense...

The answer to all the problems is education:

Social
Spiritual
Academic

I want to ask you something because I have never been to the other side of the Atlantic (US).

I live and work in London, and i think US is a beautifull country, plenty of space, for everyone...

Unfortunately is governed by the most powerfull elite... And on the other hand is represented (NOT GOVERNED) by a branch of idiots, starting with Mr George the puppet who doens't even know how to talk properly.

Can you see what is going on ??

Why don't you make an effort to change things??

I hope I was clear enough

TN1

You are from a different country, yet criticize a form of government you clearly do not understand. I voted for George W. Bush, because I think he is putting our country in the right direction, and there are things that only a second term president can currently fix (certain aspect of taxes mainly). He is putting our space program in the correct direction...

You do not need to be masterful in the English language to be in office in our country, like in England. You also do not need some form of master's or doctorates to be in office...and you know what? It is working for our country. I don't tend to trust charismatic people, from my experience, they are the most dangerous.

Stupidity is a very vague term...and I am a man of academics and regarded as educated, there are people in the world who are not dealt the right hand to go too far in the education system - but they maintain and support a family, and can make decent money. Stupidity, in my eyes, is not being able to play the hand you are dealt: I've seen people with very good hands fold.

I still stand by my statement that the countries that harbor and support terrorism are the most dangerous.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrBunny

Wasn't Christ supposidly a pacifist?

According to your logic, pacifists are weak.

facinating.

Jesus also drove the money changers out of the temple with a bull whip. The bible is full of references of war. Are we a little of topic?

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Wasn't Christ supposidly a pacifist?

According to your logic, pacifists are weak.

facinating.

Jesus also drove the money changers out of the temple with a bull whip. The bible is full of references of war. Aren't we a little of the topic?

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Jesus also drove the money changers out of the temple with a bull whip. The bible is full of references of war. Aren't we a little of the topic?

Ahh.. so Jesus was a terrorist. Causing violence in public to further his own agenda.

No, not off topic if you consider that the true threat is not a country but a system of beliefs that are inherently hypocritical and often used as leverage to enrage people who are unwilling or incapable to think for themselves against others who do not share their system of beliefs.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkleflower

(though it should be stated that if certain nations - the US, for one - didn't offer blanket trade agreements at the expense of human rights issues, other certain nations - China, for example - might find it more difficult to enjoy such carte blanche "takeovers")

Sadly, money talks.

I agree with you about trade. The United States does trade with some very bad people. I have never understood why we trade with China and then at the same time do not trade with countries like Cuba. Cuba is also a country with a bad human rights record; however, I think China is much worse. I would like the US to have a clearer foreign policy in all respects.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I agree with you about trade. The United States does trade with some very bad people. I have never understood why we trade with China and then at the same time do not trade with countries like Cuba. Cuba is also a country with a bad human rights record; however, I think China is much worse. I would like the US to have a clearer foreign policy in all respects.

We don't trade with Cuba because of a stupid, "You won't play nice so we are going to take our toys away and not talk to you anymore." reaction.

We will trade with China because of the enormous ammounts of goods that we can't get at such a good price anywhere else..

again.. the almighty dollar.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Ahh.. so Jesus was a terrorist. Causing violence in public to further his own agenda.

No, not off topic if you consider that the true threat is not a country but a system of beliefs that are inherently hypocritical and often used as leverage to enrage people who are unwilling or incapable to think for themselves against others who do not share their system of beliefs.

Jesus A Terrorist? Jesus never killed anyone. He also did not attack the innocent, unlike the terrorists of today.
I do not disrespect anyone for having a different opinion. ATS would be pretty boring if everyone agreed. Also I did not bring up Religion you did.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Jesus A Terrorist? Jesus never killed anyone. He also did not attack the innocent, unlike the terrorists of today.
I do not disrespect anyone for having a different opinion. ATS would be pretty boring if everyone agreed. Also I did not bring up Religion you did.

Does a terrorist need to kill to insight fear? I seem to remember 4 low level bombs going off just the other day that cause a great deal of fear without anyone dying.

As for not attacking the innocent... didn't he? I think those he whipped would have considered themselves simple businessmen and quite innocent.

I must apologize because I am using you to illustrate the fact that it is simple to manipulate someone into becoming defensive and eventually lashing out.

If this discussion were on the global scale it would not be difficult to get you into an argument and a heated one at that, where if you look at the records all I would appear to be doing is asking legitimate questions and you would appear to be the aggressor.

In that situation, though I would be absolutely at fault for the argument.. but you would be the one considered the threat. You can see it happening over and over again in countless posts and threads.

So the original question comes back up...

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Jesus A Terrorist? Jesus never killed anyone.

Does a terrorist need to kill to insight fear?

I observe that since recent talk of 'inciting hatred' being a crime under anti terrorist legislation we now have people thinking that a terrorist is anyone that someone else happens to be scared of!

This is a very poor state of affairs.

Do I need to explain why?

BTW Today's 'Most dangerous country' is Hollywood.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
While the country that has potential to create the most damage (environmental, social, human) is the USA under a renegade government.

Future ATS thread?

Masked Avatar's greatest fears come true as he is taken away in a cattle car and imprisoned in a former military base that was turned into a detention camp.

Nah. More likely it would be that he was diagnosed with paranoid delusions and started on treatment with drugs and counseling and expected to make a full recovery.

[edit on 7/22/2005 by centurion1211]

Arbitrarily accusing other members of insanity is a very bad thing to do, regardless of whether or not it is done with a thin veneer of weak humour.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TN1

Dear Friends,

I have seen various posts and I have already expressed my opinion.

I definitely agree that people tend to use the terms 'us' and 'them', and this is completely unacceptable.

Don't you think that education is the anwser to all??

TN1

Yes but unfortunately systems of mass education are controlled by governments and are akin to the mass media.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join