It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Country is the Biggest Threat?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
In my opinion...Iran is a teaser, but still a problem. The real danger (to my belief) is China. I mean come on! They are like the number producing industry for dollar stores! hahaha. On the serious side, China does have the largest military and is most likely more trained considering they were the ones to develope the 'Chinese Water Torture' and use the best discipline. Also they would be very difficult if we invaded them. Can you say Vietnam deja vue?

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
yeh well china is starting to mass there army and the U.S is'nt not happy with that, then george is actually trying to make them stop? what an idiot!

thats right george just pull out your handy nuke"o"matic(made in china) and start hitting every god dam button on it whislt watching nuclear warheads fly all the way over to china ya nice one george

[edit on 21-7-2005 by lepracornman]

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I don't think China is the threat people see, id say Israel is the major threat to world stability, they are the ones who can use disinformation to their own use

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
It is true though, everything I see is usually made in China. They always make that plastic crap. I hate those little gold stickers that say made in 'china', lol. Even our missile parts (chips) are most likely partically made in China. So I think we depend on them then they depend on us. So you can scratch embargo, lol. You know we all need our computers! Yeah, but over all, we can all say China is a big pain in the butt with a short fuse attached. What would most liekly be another threat besides China?

PS. Notice how everything 'cheap' comes from China and anything that says Made in the U.S.A. is like not affordable, lol! I have two pairs of sun glasses on my table next to me, one is made in china which costs me $12.99 and the other ones that were US cost me over $60.00.

[edit on 21-7-2005 by agentlopez]

[edit on 21-7-2005 by agentlopez]

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
It is not a country that takes the position of biggest global threat, but the philosophy of religious zealots calling for war.

While the country that has potential to create the most damage (environmental, social, human) is the USA under a renegade government.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
People what are you talking about? The biggest threats of all is the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. It is the main threat to the world.

xu

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I would say the USA seems to be the biggest threat for now

since they have the most WMDs in the world and they invade any country at will without the approval of any international order and occasionaly hreaten X country for a military operation if their demands are not met. they have military bases all over the world, and they mess with other country's internal affairs both openly and covertly and they provide weapons to the world. see it is all about from where you look at it.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
China is the biggest threat to world stability, it's already vowed to use nuclear weapons in a war to take another country Taiwan.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
China is just trying to scare America. Yes, you are right probably. The US is very powerful and IS this super power for now. Some of these other super powers are coming up close though. Most of them are Asian (which means technology is now playing a BIG part).

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Well here is one that you didn't consider, I feel the biggest threat is from the complacency within,

We have those that want to appease and it will not work. Those that fail to recognize the threat and those that do anything to hamper our defending ourselves from the threat. The threat is denied and conspiracy buffs claim that its an inside job, that is the threat as many start to believe this....

The biggest threat to America are the Anti-American Americans themselves.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I agree.

Anti-American Americans will allow their government to ride roughshod, to destroy the principles of freedom and democracy from within, to implement self-serving agendas that have no relevance to the needs of Americans, to divide the population and to dissuade any dissent, and to wage perpetual war on a global stage unabated.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Biggest threat in what way? Biggest threat to whom?

Originally posted by agentlopez
Can you say Vietnam deja vue?

I do... every day...

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
I agree.

Anti-American Americans will allow their government to ride roughshod, to destroy the principles of freedom and democracy from within, to implement self-serving agendas that have no relevance to the needs of Americans, to divide the population and to dissuade any dissent, and to wage perpetual war on a global stage unabated.

What good is your freedom and democracy when you are blown up at Safeway? or the subway? Or a Walmart, the Zoo, the Lake?

I fully understand that you think you know the enemy, I mean it can't be these guys saying just that and openly admitting it, now can it? It has to be a government coverup doesnt it? Maybe this is all a side show to keep us from discovering that the Aliens are alreay here and bombarding us with cosmic toilet paper or something.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I'd vote like that:
1. Israel
2. USA (as because of 1.)
3. UK (as because of 1. and 2.)
4. Iran, North Korea (as because of 1.2.3. and WMD)

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
IMO, and this is an opinion that has a lot of documentary & factual backing to it, is that humanity's biggest threat is not any country, or even any government...

The biggest threat to all mankind is the banks.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
At the moment I would say China. They have stated that the Chinese Government foresees a future conflict with the United States. Military build up for a ready mainland invasion of Taiwan, the authorization of a military strike from its president. A general threatening the use of nuclear weapons on main US cities. The large of amount of hatred coming toward the Japanese for its past atrocities in CHina.

I thought about picking the US but I realized that Iraq and Afghanistan is about all that we can occupy for now. Any war with Iran would be mostly Shock and Awe, but that means no ground forces, or very few. A draft would be needed, but the president couldn't survive very long with that on his hands.

Iran, Possibly. its believed that their government wants nukes to counter ISrael.

NK, the whole developing nukes is just for money and attention. Though Kim would be very happy to control the south he knows good and well that he can't.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I would have to say north korea because they were making nucler weapons for a while and we found out about it and then we got distracted by the war with iraq for all u know they are planning some thing with these nucler weapons!

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
1. USA (their foreign policy sucks, IMO. I don't like the way they decide to invad... I mean 'liberate' other countries, Iraq being only the most recent example)
2. North Korea (run by a dictator who claims to have nukes)
3. China (because of it's threats to Taiwan)
4. Iran (also might have nukes, but at least they don't have Kim leading their country, so Iran is lower on the list)

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
To Australia ? , The US cause we always get dragged into figthing your pointless wars. Lucky our soldiers have had 1 or 2 fatalities, Due to the fact we have SAS over there and not 18 kids from idaho with a weeks training . And thanks to your companys taking over here we are now country of obese whiners hooked on fast food. Not to mention now we are a MASSIVE target for terror attacks just for getting involved in the "war on terror", thanks our jewish PM.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Well in a recent scientific poll of Europeans, Israel was voted as the greatest threat to world peace and stability. It's true.

Don't believe it? Think it's veboten anti-Semitism?

Actually, I'm just stating the results of a recent poll of 2 or 3 years ago. Most Europeans cited Israel as the greatest threat. Maybe because it's a small jewish country surrounded by 1.2 billion Muslims. Israel is really in a position to cause a lot of strife and conflict, being as it's surrounded on all sides by Islamic countries. And also being as it's the only country in the region with numerous weapons of mass destruction, with estimates putting Israel in the range of 500 premium style nukes, as well as chemical and biological weaponry in spades. This was probably in the thinking of those who voted Israel the gretest threat to world peace.

Did you know that Israel is also the most militarized country in the world on per capita? No doubt this has a lot to do with the fact tiny Israel is surrounded by hundreds of millions of potential hostiles who adhere to a religion which has characteristically been oppositional towards the jewish religion. So one can't blame the Israelis for being armed sufficiently against possible Arab attack. But I must mention again that Israel has many nuclear weapons of the highest caliber. Check here for more information about Israel's high military alert status.

Needless to say I think Israel is the biggest threat. Iraq, Syria, North Korea,Iran and the smattering of other so called enemies are very poor and have a limited ability to wage a counter war should we attack them. North Korea is perhaps an exception but one or two big bombs would make a conventional war pointless from their perspective.

The greatest danger following Israel is of course the United States. Only one war of significance has been focused on in the mass media these last few years, and that is of course the Iraq War. This war has been proven to be based on a number of lies and therefore is unconstitutional and opposed by the majority of the world's people. Yet it goes on without any pause by the very nation that started it. the United States.

Basically the empire is in crumble mode and the last gasp of any empire is pointless wars of greed on far flunk battlefields.

Israel and the USA. They have the means to cause a real menace and terror to millions. I mean the USA is the superpower. And it always does what is best for Israel and worst for the hated Muslims who hate our freedom. We must hate them for their much saner societies and ways of life. The poor nations made out to be the bad guys by the American media juggernaut are just scapegoats used to distract while the Evil Empire rampages across the globe like an oversized bully in a sand lot.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join