It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Country is the Biggest Threat?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Mexico with all the damned illegals crossing the border...

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Oswald: Is rigth, 60 million working without papers thats more people then we have living in Australia
. Do you guys just have a line in the dirt that says please do not cross ?. Maybe get some guards on those borders

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   
My first reaction was to say that the USA is the greatest threat

However what this question assumes is that the old 'nation versus nation' concept is a useful analytical tool when in fact (IMO) it is a redundant concept which is being used to manipulate the world

The biggest threat to the world is Fascism, and the agents of fascism are everywhere.

The purveyors of fascism prey upon people who still believe that the 'terrorists' and 'anti terrorists' are different when it is becoming increasingly obvious that they are all the same regardless of skin colour, nationality, religion or attire.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Any country sponsoring terrorism is the greatest threat as of right now.

China isn't really threatening, I don't think they're stupid enough to ruin their blooming economy by attempting to invade Taiwan...which would probably cause a WW3...so I don't see any threats from them.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I would have to say Greenland... definalty Greenland.. they have been too quiet for far too long.. they are planning total world domination in one massive global Viking raid!!!!!

*for those of you who are too slow.. this is sarcasm*

Who is the greatest threat? That is a matter of perception.. greatest threat to whom? Over all world stability? I would have to admit that the leaders here in the US of A remind me far too much of Senator Greg Stillson from 'The Dead Zone' (1983), and that is truely a scary thing.

TN1

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The greatest threat from all is stupidity!!!!

Stupidity as well as ignorance are responsible for what is happening around the globe.

There is much unfairness, poverty, discrimination, misery, war & famine, and everybody knows it, in a sense...

The answer to all the problems is education:

Social
Spiritual
Academic

I want to ask you something because I have never been to the other side of the Atlantic (US).

I live and work in London, and i think US is a beautifull country, plenty of space, for everyone...

Unfortunately is governed by the most powerfull elite... And on the other hand is represented (NOT GOVERNED) by a branch of idiots, starting with Mr George the puppet who doens't even know how to talk properly.

Can you see what is going on ??

Why don't you make an effort to change things??

I hope I was clear enough

TN1

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   
So, we have a list of threats. Various countries (China, the US, Mexico etc), and concepts (stupidity, ignorance etc).

What's alarming to me, is the nature of many posts - a seemingly inherent tendency to encourage the idea of pointing the finger at a particular nation.

Perhaps the biggest threat to us all is the seemingly pandemic inclination to label ourselves "us" versus "them".

That may well be the biggest - and most tragic - threat of all.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Malkut, please email me- important gcrews@plsource.com

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Its surprising how NONE of you have even mentioned Pakistan..It is the only country was nuclear program has a risk of running into the hands of terrorists and the best part is that the pakistani govt. can feign complete deniability if that happens..So one can't even blame them explicitly

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Which country is the biggest "threat" ? I suppose that would depend on who, and what were being threatened.

If you mean who is the biggest threat to the old order of western exploitaion, then the answers can very.

If you mean who is the biggest threat to global prosperity and peace, then the answer would have to be the USA.

What exactly constitutes a threat? A nation that threatens other nations? A nation that uses Nuclear weapons? A nation that exploits other nations in its own interest's, and enforces said exploitation through military strength? I think any objective observer would agree that such a nation definitely constitues a threat.

What is the only nation in the world that has been responsible for ALL these actions in the last fifty years? The USA of course.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
While the country that has potential to create the most damage (environmental, social, human) is the USA under a renegade government.

Future ATS thread?

Masked Avatar's greatest fears come true as he is taken away in a cattle car and imprisoned in a former military base that was turned into a detention camp.

Nah. More likely it would be that he was diagnosed with paranoid delusions and started on treatment with drugs and counseling and expected to make a full recovery.

[edit on 7/22/2005 by centurion1211]

TN1

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Dear Friends,

I have seen various posts and I have already expressed my opinion.

I definitely agree that people tend to use the terms 'us' and 'them', and this is completely unacceptable.

But do all of us have to consider that WE make life the way it is, actually if not 100% we definitely contribute towards the best or the worst.

Don't you think that education is the anwser to all??

And I do insist that stupidity & ignorance contribute a lot towards the current situation around the globe, without diminishing any other issues.

Please reply to this post.

TN1

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
You have voted TN1 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

Nice

All the immaginary, self created (accepted?) lines seperating one human from another, are directly responsible for ALL conflict throughout time.

The mental division of one human from another, based upon any criteria (race, religion, location, etc, etc) Definitely the first(most improtant perhaps?) step to fomenting a conflict.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TN1

The great

There is much unfairness, poverty, discrimination, misery, war & famine, and everybody knows it, in a sense...

The answer to all the problems is education:

Social
Spiritual
Academic

TN1

I don't disagree with you per say, however I would like to know what aspects of these three area would be the solution.
Academic, no problem there is an international academic acceptability.

However, social and spiritual. Who’s spiritual teachings would you suggest? Buddhist, Christian, Muslim, Shinto?
Who’s social education would you recommend? Since Social behavior is deeply rooted in spiritual practices, I think you would be hard pressed to find a single acceptable curriculum to teach. This is of course at the root of the problem around the world as it is.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Don't you think that education is the anwser to all??

If only that were the case... But, when facing a foe willing to sacrifice himself and his future for an ideology of hate, do you think education would be a goal he'd seek? I doubt it.

If one were speaking of the greatest terrorism threat, I'd have to say Saudi Arabia, largely because the biggest bankrolling of such organizations comes from private Saudi citizens. Iran and Syria are close on it's heels, as well as a smattering of other nations you never see in the news, such as Yemen, etc.

If one were speaking of the greatest international warfare threat, I'd have to say currently the US, sad to say. Our leaders' policies of "pre-emptive" action is a recipe for disaster, and going to war on illegal premises and grounds, just to skirt Congressional approval is not a good way to improve international relations.

The labelling of "us" vs. "them" is deep, but yes, it is the root of the threats we all face. Sometimes, I think people simply aren't content unless they have an "enemy" to blame for their woes...

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrBunny
However, social and spiritual. Who’s spiritual teachings would you suggest? Buddhist, Christian, Muslim, Shinto?
Who’s social education would you recommend? Since Social behavior is deeply rooted in spiritual practices, I think you would be hard pressed to find a single acceptable curriculum to teach. This is of course at the root of the problem around the world as it is.

Dogma is just another one of the differences that he was talking about. Reguardless of dogma, most philosophies the world over to aspire to some situation of peace, not only in the hereafter, but also here on earth. What Alduos Huxley termed the "Perennial philosophy". It is only the aspects of the perennial philosophy that need be taught, all other "specifics" can be left up to the individual. The world would be a better place

members.tripod.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

If only that were the case... But, when facing a foe willing to sacrifice himself and his future for an ideology of hate, do you think education would be a goal he'd seek? I doubt it.

This is where I think the fundemental flaw lies. "WE" do not expect, nor can we expect understanding, nor "education", when we feel we are dealing with an "inferior" culture or peoples. Is it not this very inferiority that we blame on their condition.???

THat being said....."We" must expect understanding, and education as to WHY this person is willing to sacrifice himself, and his future. To label ones beliefs simply as "an ideology of hate", is to circumvent responsibility for the lack of knowledge as to why a particular "enemy" is an "enemy". TO simply labels other peoples actions as senseless, and as constituting an ideology of hate, is simplistic at best.

No person acts for no reason. Whether or not that reason is logical in the eyes of outsiders, is questionable. The fact of the matter remains though, we live in a "causal" universe. To suggest that any actions that ANY human can carry out is without cause, defies the very laws of nature we asscribe to.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixhasrisin

Dogma is just another one of the differences that he was talking about. Reguardless of dogma, most philosophies the world over to aspire to some situation of peace, not only in the hereafter, but also here on earth. What Alduos Huxley termed the "Perennial philosophy". It is only the aspects of the perennial philosophy that need be taught, all other "specifics" can be left up to the individual. The world would be a better place

members.tripod.com...

Yes, I agree there are the inherent rights and wrongs of life which is essentially Huxley's "Perennial philosophy".

My point however, is that due to Dogma being the anchor and or keystone of societies individual "Specifics" that simple education of inherent rights or wrongs can never work.

Mankind can never come together for ultimate understanding, the only action that will result in peace is the complete obliteration of the human species.

It sucks, but it's true.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I believe the Country that is the biggest threat is the one with the most pacifists. Other countries will not respect them because of the inherent weakness of their people. They will be attacked by more dominant countries like China. Tibet was a great example of this. By the way, china has been occupying Tibet for many years now. They have treated the Tibetan people like dogs. Why is the U.S.A so evil in comparison to an obvious totalitarian and expansionist regime such as China?

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by christconserv
I believe the Country that is the biggest threat is the one with the most pacifists. Other countries will not respect them because of the inherent weakness of their people. They will be attacked by more dominant countries like China. Tibet was a great example of this. By the way, china has been occupying Tibet for many years now. They have treated the Tibetan people like dogs. Why is the U.S.A so evil in comparison to an obvious totalitarian and expansionist regime such as China?

Wasn't Christ supposidly a pacifist?

According to your logic, pacifists are weak.

facinating.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join