It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Tips (U.S. Citizen Spy Program)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   
News Article

Now Coming to U.S.

"A national system for concerned workers to report suspicious activity."

Citizen Corp

"Operation TIPS, administered by the U.S. Department of Justice and developed in partnership with several other federal agencies, is one of the five component programs of the Citizen Corps. Operation TIPS will be a national system for reporting suspicious, and potentially terrorist-related activity. The program will involve the millions of American workers who, in the daily course of their work, are in a unique position to see potentially unusual or suspicious activity in public places."

The Furor Over TIPS

For nearly ten months, civil libertarians have warned that Americans' constitutional rights are being sacrificed in the name of the post-Sept. 11 push for improved national security. Now, a broad array of rights activists are attacking a Bush administration plan they claim would prod postal workers, utility employees and others to spy on their fellow citizens.

The NWO is now encouraging people to report on their friends and neighbours. So, if you do not like somebody, just give the NWO a call. I am not sure if the projects been stopped or not. Could not find anything on ATS.

[edit on 24-7-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
You know what this means, neighborhood watch programs which have existed for years....their an arm of the NWO! Orwell's here and livin large!!!!

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Don't worry go watch American Idolor other reality shows spying on citizen's is nothing to worry about.

[sarcasm]

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
``

There is also this site, originated on 23 July 2002,
(that makes today its 3rd anniversary)

Operation TIPS
get a copy of the 'TIP' form at:

www.whitehouse.org...

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Isn't this what happened in Nazi Germany 60 years ago?

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
What's wrong with reporting suspicious activity? We do it around my neighborhood.. Last time I checked, I'm, nor is anyone else around me, a member, or reptilian
, of the NWO.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   
right theres nothing wrong with reporting the fact u saw bob building a car bomb

but thats already possible we dont need some program institutionalizing it
(waste of $$$)

we already have 911 we dont need TIPS

i am not exactly sure why they say its hurting our civil libertys

anyone wanna explain which libertys are being stolen?

im kinda tired so im not quite quick enough to figure it out off the top my head sorry

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
What liberties are being stolen? How about the fact that people need to mind there own business?!? There are laws out there that are not fair or lawful and we do not need the paronia. Dont forget slavery used to be something that was allowed on by the law, it doesnt mean it was right.

Tips and anything that promotes Americans keeping an eye on each other are some of the first steps taken in a police state. Think about the Nazi and theyre SS, and the need to have Fatherland security because of the polish/communist terrorist. Or the former USSR, or the East German Stasi.

This is America, our duty is to keep our ears and eyes out for the Government, not for each other!!

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   
A nation of RATS. I saw you with a "suspicious package" maybe the homeland security folks would like for you to spend some time with them so you can prove that you are a good upstanding patriot. Still you will have the record of being questioned. And maybe next time you will be rounded up with the "usual suspects"

Actually your "suspicious package" was you taking your empty booze bottles out at 3am but Mrs. Paranoia didn't know that and called the Dept. of Homeland security. Guilty until proven Innocent.

Nah, it can't happen here.

Maybe you cut somebody off in traffic. Out comes the cell phone and you become "suspicious" person number one.

Trivial resentments could be turned in a very uncomfortable 3 days for someone. Oh by the way I want to know who your friends are.

If you have nothing to hide then why are you so nervous?
We have information that you were seen with some very "suspicious people" are they friends of yours?

Nah, it can't happen here.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Snitching is dishonorable way to live...

and The stress and high blood pressure level will rise...

Don't worry there will be enough pharmaceutical dope to help counter these effect...

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Nothing appears wrong with it on the surface. Now our constitution tells us we the people have the right to replace tyranny in government. What we're are seeing is the government, namely Bush, taking the appropriate steps to counteract pre-hand a snitch program. You're not with us then your against us he said. Well some people in government want to get Bush out of the government. Namely some Generals in the Army. What he is doing is trying to stay in. Also to have more CONTROL of the situation the main public isn't aware about.

check this out...
www.stewwebb.com
Stew Webb is a Federal Whistleblower.

[edit on 7-24-05 by pacman]

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Spookie... Hopefully they won't do the same things as the original STASI did...

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Straight from the .gov site

www.citizencorps.gov...://www.fema.gov/areyouready/

"goodbyegov.jsp"

Java servlet or not WTF with the "goodbyegov" . . .

Am sure this whole program falls under F. E. M. A.

From their end I'm sure it will come across more like, " . . . we the people . . by the people . . . yeah, yeah, yeah, "

. . . can you feel the noose . . .

What constitutes, "If you're not with us, then you're against us."

"you" make a statement . . . I say, "I think you're full of . . . ? now I'm against "you". ? !

Could go on for hours but GWB needs to practice his rope-tricks and I have to mow the yard . . . well, someone has to do it!?

:O)

[edit on 28-7-2005 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Before anyone nails me for this . . . I realize the "script" for the link uses the "goodbyegov" servlet "site-wide" as a redirectional tool, but it just "hit me in the gut" seeing it coupled with the overall FEMA "umbrella"!?

new topics

top topics

join