It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Coast2Coast Lost It's Way?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
This question is specifically for people who have listened to C2C for a decent amount of time, at least before Noory took over. In other words C2C FANS.

I can't help but see a drastic change in the direction of the program in the last few weeks. It seems like every show is now about terrorism, nuclear or otherwise. I don't know about the rest of you, but if I wanted to hear about that stuff, I'd just turn on one of the 24-hour news stations (especially FOX)...seeing as that's all they talk about.

C2C has been going downhill every since Art "retired", but these past few months it's almost not worth listening to. I find that a damn shame since I used to listen to it religiously back in the late 90s and early 00's. It used to be about strange things that you wouldn't hear about anywhere else. Things like UFOs, ghosts, psychic phenomena, bigfoot, nostradamus, time travel, and the like. Now they're wasting my time with terrorism!

As important is the subject is to us, it's still MUNDANE. By that I mean it's not something that's out of the ordinary. Its something you can hear talked about during the daytime. When C2C doesn't have someone talking about terrorists blowing us up, it's some other crappy guest. Someone talking about the Bible or whatever. What's with the sudden fundamentalist Christian tilt of the show now anyway? You can tell the demographics of the audience have changed just by listening to the callers. Speaking of callers, why does Noory waste so much time taking calls (screened no less!) instead of talking to the guest?

I remember when the show used to have quality guests almost every night. Experts in the various fields, people like Stanton Friedman and Russel Targ. Now I'm lucky if I find one interesting guest every 2 weeks. I used to look forward to the weekends when Art was hosting. Now he's gone....so basically the show seems to have nothing going for it now.

I suspect that the downfall of the show has something to do with Clear Channel's purchase of it a few years back. Art lost alot of his independence and the show became more....I don't know....structured or something. It changed. I also suspect that they are trying to change the focus of the show from the paranormal to politics and terrorism. In other words, they're trying to turn C2C into exactly what Art didn't want it to be. I wonder if his leaving had something to do with that. I remember he made some comment about Clear Channel the day he announced his "extended vacation".

Of course, Noory seems more than happy to go along with what ever FOX News...I mean Clear Channel says. Er..anyway, sorry for the rant. What do you think?

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I listen to Coast to Coast every night. Last night's show was UTTERLY boring. Except for the callers, they are always interesting.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I've just found a show that is very similar called the "X" Zone hosted by Rob McConnell that runs from 10pm - 6am. Seeing that I JUST happened to stumble upon this, I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet. Here are some links...

www.talkstarradio.com...

www.xzone-radio.com...

[edit on 20-7-2005 by sicdawg]

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sicdawg
I've just found a show that is very similar called the "X" Zone hosted by Rob McConnell that runs from 10pm - 6am. Seeing that I JUST happened to stumble upon this, I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet. Here are some links...

www.talkstarradio.com...

www.xzone-radio.com...

Thanks...I'll take a look.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx

Originally posted by sicdawg

www.talkstarradio.com...

www.xzone-radio.com...

Thanks...I'll take a look.

Me Too as in 'also'=>

in a response to sicdawg...
the Noory regime, tried the 'ghost story around the campfire' routine to begin with.
I guess that sophomoric angle didn't work for the mega-$-planners intent
on getting a 10X return-on-investment, instead of a piddly 3X R.O.I.
So, we're stuck with the present 'experiment'-in-programming, which the educated bean-counters have deemed appropriate for us minions to hear
...the problem is that their listening audience, according to these elite thinkers/managers...has not warmed up to the pop-culture, fluff & pap, which they think is 'hot'.... They're frumping in the boardrooms and the
bevy of self important clowns are pandering to whomever is within earshot... 'give em time, I'm right, You'll see'....

back in 1990, is my first recollection of the ArtBell Show, on all-night radio,
as i drove `cross country, and stations faded out as i searched for another station...even one that that had a ArtBell Interview/Show that wasn't in sync with the show that just faded out.
Otherwise it was the ole standby,,,Noetic Music

Thanks for the audio streams links....i'm saving for now... & checking em out, later

hey, make the best of it.........................................................

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I've listened to C2C for over 10 years religiously and gotta agree with you there Flinx, George has been getting off on the terrorists too much.

Last night show wasn't all too bad, with Holmes and the spiritual nature of humans and the connection of consciousness. Guess I just 'connected" to what he was talking about, since I had died in a car accident about 7 years ago and was brought back. The first thing I said when I awoke was "Consciousness isn't Physical"...the doctors all looked astounded at me as I told them everything that had happened. Weird being out of your body looking at yourself. I have thought back about that incident and maybe even when your clinically dead, that the other cells in your body actually have some sort of consciousness in them.
Or is it actually spiritual and intangible and goes on after the human body dies? I believe it goes on after the physical body dies.

Really strange experience, I'll have to tell the whole story sometime. That's something I could start working on writing.

Sorry for getting off topic. But just checked tonight's line up...Oh Boy! More terrorists! But hey, we've got Stephen Quayle. And Witches on Thursday!

I do have to say I really enjoy it the most when Art is the guest host.

Sicdawg, gonna have to check out The X Zone...thanks for the links.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
They've eliminated "....things like UFOs, ghosts, psychic phenomena, bigfoot, nostradamus, time travel, and the like?"

Thank God! Art Belll's gibberish was unlistenable. Glad they are inviting back thinking adults. I think I'll tune in.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
maybeangels,
I'm curious, did you "see" anything when you died?

starviego,
Uh, I don't think the show was meant for you. I suggest you go listen to the mainstream shows that comprise 99 percent of all talk radio. Some of us want to hear that gibberish. Though I don't think you're going to find many "thinking adults" on typical talk wing radio. *carefully dances around politics*
That gibberish also has a rather large place at ATS...so why are you here?

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Actually, everything was pitch black. darker than the darkest night, almost like being in outer space. I was watching them cut me out of the car, as I was hovering above a tree. My ex drove my Fiero off an overpass bridge. They put me in the ambulance and shut the door. I thought, "I better go with myself." and was then in the ambulance sitting on top of my body. I remember them saying I was flat lined and they couldn't get a pulse. I saw them working on me and the little moniter in the ambulance, just buzzing flat across the screen. I kept saying breathe, breathe don't die. They used the difibulator on me and I came to. I guess I was dead when they got to the accident and it took them like 10 minutes to revive me. I couldn't breathe on my own from a punctured pleura, so they had me on life support for 4 days. But no broken bones. Funny thing I watched the whole thing. i slpped away once again at the hospital. When I entered back into my body there was like a big woosh sound and all I could feel was pain. Tore every muscle in my torso also.

As for seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, I was just in the tunnel, I didn't look away from my body.I was scared to death...lol. Very Frightening! I did feel a strange presence that was well "creepy" almost evil. So I guess this would be considered a "Near Hell Experience". rather than an NDE. Sure made me change my evil ways.

I went and read every single book I could find about NDEs and OBEs and the stage I was at was the first stage before the going down the tunnel to the light.

My brother and I went back to see where it happened and it was like I couldn't find it. The cops gave me a seat belt ticket at the hospital after they found out I lived, so the mile marker was on the ticket.(Believe that?) Driving down the highway I got this weird feeling about this tree, I said here, right here....as we drove on we came to mile marker 136 and it was mile marker 135 1/2 where it happened. That was the tree I was hovering over.

Maybe I was traveling in time...thnk? Actually there is no time only space.

Hey, listening to Talkstar right now. Talking about reincarnation. This guy's cool, he didn't like what a caller was saying and he just shot him...LOL...Bye Bye!

Hey starviego, you like Drudge?

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
That's a facsinating story maybeangels. I've always been fascinated with NDEs and OBEs and the afterlife. I used to read Dannion Brinkley and James van Prague books all the time...

Once again I wish C2C would cover this kind of thing like it used to. Oh well...

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Yeah, it fascinates me too, so does reincarantion. I know there is something beyond this life.

Awww, George will get back on "the right track". I'm being optimistic about it.

You should tune into Rob McConnell, it's pretty good tonite.

[edit on 21-7-2005 by maybeangels]

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I don't mind a terrorism update once a month or so, but several times a week is just tooooooo much.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I have been a long time C2C fan, enjoying listening to both Art and George over the years. There has been a considerable change in terms of what is being presented, but I don't feel as if the show has "lost its way." Sure, recent shows may have focused on terrorism or nuclear destruction, but I do think they do present some ideas and concepts that the MSM would not touch. Looking at the upcoming shows I am quite interested to hear the topics that will be presented. Guess being one of the faithful I will continue to listen intently.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 02:50 AM
link   
maybe they sold out to the rich thug mafia...err the corporate buisnessmen i mean

heh...it would not be the first time it happened

i think someone has infiltrated c2c
just look at it...its different now

[edit on 21-7-2005 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
So, I listened to a few Rob McConnell shows... He seems to have better guests than Noory. But....he has too many on during one show, and can't spend as much time with them. There are way too many commercial breaks as well. He's no Art Bell...

Speaking of which, I think Art is back for this weekend. Go the the C2C website and take a look at the show topics....definately alot better than what Noory has been doing for the last few weeks.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Hi there..

Of course I respect your opinions on Art, George and Coast to Coast AM.

However, I thing George accepts fewer calls than Art and at times does not secondary question and answer given by guests (like he's watching 'fast blast') media and losing attention to a guest's response for his follow up question - which sometimes does not happen.

In saying that I also believe George does a great job. He's unlike Larry King in that George gives his call in people the time of day.

Art's been doing too many repeat shows the last two-three months and losing sponsorship and a change had to be made.

As for the shows content - well I suppose its about the subjects we like and don't like and 'cause wer'e hooked must still feel compelled to listen.

bye
Dallas

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Looks like Art will be back on Sunday
Cool! With Derrel Sims -Alien Evidence. That'll work!

Seems he's doing Sundays alot anymore. They run reruns here during the day some weekends. Haven't figured out the schedule quite yet, doesn't seem to have one.

Ian Punnett is the regular on Saturdays now. Jason Martell (xfacts.com) ancient Sumerian artifacts this Saturday.

Those both are sure to be good shows.

Thought ya all might appreciate this bumper sticker I ran across

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Ooops...all this talk about Art And George and Ian...totally forgot about Whitney Strieber. William Henry is hosting Dreamland this Saturday. www.unknowncountry.com...

Henry is the guy who talks about the Blue Stones and Solomon's Temple being buried somewhere in Iraq. And that may be the real reason we had to go in there.

The Blue Stones are said to carry the secret to the Stargate. site.williamhenry.net...

His guest is David Goddard on Alchemy and Kabbalah www.davidgoddard.com...

I think the two of them together is going to be a pretty good show.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I used to absolutely love the website.
Back in the day, before Art quit, that site had my attention nightly, rather the show, or the stories and pictures about UFO's, Shadow People...but ever since he left, that whole website fell off.

Now your lucky to catch me on that site once a week.

top topics

join