It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Is a hot dog a sandwich?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I've been having arguments with some friends and family over this one so I've decided to post a poll. Since we live in a democracy, whatever the majority thinks will be the new definition. Please post your repsonses! So here goes: In your opinion is a hot dog a sandwich?

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
No, the hotdog is in a class of it's own. A sandwich would have real meat on it.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
A hot dog is a sandwich. I even remember hearing it from Oscar Myer on TV once. I couldn't find a web page to back that up but I found this.

A hot dog is classified as a type of sausage or, alternatively, a sandwich on a suitably shaped bun with the sausage and condiments on it.

encyclopedia.laborlawtalk.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
No, the hotdog is in a class of it's own. A sandwich would have real meat on it.

ROFL.... i have to give an A+ for that one ...hehehehe

I really like the "Hebrew National" and "Nathan bigger than the bun" hot dogs... yummy

[edit on 20-7-2005 by BaastetNoir]

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

Hot Dogs have got to be the worst kind of food on the market.

I had 3 of them today.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
i cant read thei thread anymore... im getting the "yummies", and im suppose to be on a diet ... for the 1000 the time ...lol

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
A hotdog is a ton of diffrents meats, organs, and all kinds of nasty things put together, kinda like
. But heck, they still taste good with some ketchup.

[edit on 20-7-2005 by Striker122]

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I think that hotdogs would fall into the category of a sandwich.

encyclopedia.laborlawtalk.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hotdog

A hot dog is classified as a type of sausage or, alternatively, a sandwich on a suitably shaped bun with the sausage and condiments on it. Also called a frankfurter (named after the city of Frankfurt am Main, Germany) or a frank, a wiener (named after the city of Wien (Vienna), Austria known as Vienna in English), or (with tongue in cheek) a tube steak. Hot dogs are eaten with a wide variety of condiments, most common of which are mustard, ketchup, sauerkraut, pickle relish, chopped onion, mayo

The dictionary has spoken, a hotdog is a sandwhich

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
In the generic nutritional category referred to by homo sapiens as "Canis Calientes", the variants known as Dagwood Dog and Pluto Pup cannot be sandwiches because they are battered and on sticks.

The correct answer to this question when interrogated is that a hot dog is a sandwich, and a hot dog is not a sandwich too.

LOL.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
A hot dog is a sandwich, much as it kills me to say it. So then, is a hamburger.

IF, however, and this is a big if, if you grill your hot dog or hamburger, it is no longer a sandwich. It then becomes that mouthwatering piece of heaven that we call "barbecue."

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Okay so far I have 1 person for it not being a sandwich, 4 for it being a sandwich and 1 vote for it being in both categories. So I guess at this moment the Hot Dog does stand to be classified as a sandwich, but only time will tell.

It just seems wrong to me though..... I never woulda thought of a Hot Dog as a sandwich before.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sinta_ilfirin
It just seems wrong to me though..... I never woulda thought of a Hot Dog as a sandwich before.

Blows your mind, eh? I've quoted this to other people, and everyone is initially skeptical, but you watch them think about it and then it hits them, it is.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
It really depends on how strick you are going ot be with the sandwich definition. It could be slices of bread or a split roll, layers of filling or not.

A hamburger is closer to a true "sandwich" then a Hot dog is. But both can be concidered sandwiches

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
A hot dog is a sandwich and so is a burger on a bun. I like potatoe chip sandwiches myself.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
IF, however, and this is a big if, if you grill your hot dog or hamburger, it is no longer a sandwich. It then becomes that mouthwatering piece of heaven that we call "barbecue."

So, say you grill some chicken and smother it in barbecue, then for some reason -sandwich- it between two pieces of bread... is it a sandwich? What about the term 'barbecue sandwich'?

I vote yes to hotdogs being a sandwich - the have the same components. If you really want, smash a bunch of hotdogs together in a hamburger fashion, then put them on a round bun. Same stuff, different shape.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Anything on bread is a sandwich if you ask me.

top topics

join