It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel fights back

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 11:04 AM
link   
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip (Aug. 21) - Israel killed a senior Hamas political leader in a missile strike Thursday, retaliating for a suicide bombing of a bus in which 20 people died including six children. The Islamic militant group threatened revenge and formally abandoned a truce declared eight weeks ago.

story:
AOL News: Israeli Strike Targets Militant in Gaza

Well, Ladies and Gents... PM Ariel Sharon and PM Mahmoud Abbas are at it again this time. Following the suicide attack in Jeruselem which left severl hurt and plentfull dead, Ariel Sharon turned on to his arms and attacked Palistine. This raid was a successful one for Israelites favor... the death of Hamas leader Abu Shanab. Many Hamas followers chantted "God is Great", many vowed to avange the death of thier leader. You what this means... more anger leads to violence, to killing, death destruction, the cycle never ends folks.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Until Sharon is out of power, I have a feeling that this viscious cycle is never going to end. His method of violence for violence is not effective in this case. The best thing we Americans can do is stay out of it, it's inevitable that one side or the other is going to be eradicated from the Earth.

_the wiz

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 11:10 AM
link   
well there is going to be violent times ahead of us now. The peace plan will be thrown out of the window now and i can see more attacks by the Militant groups after this missile strike.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I'm afraid Ariel Sharon will not come out of power for a long time. He has dedicated himself on riding the problem of Palestinians in the middle east. It's Jihad people, there is going to a lot of grieg and more death coming your way. This Sharon guy is like the jewish version of Bush

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Ariel Sharon plan is to start a major war against the Palestinians.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 11:39 AM
link   
That's statement you're rather unqualified to make, in my opinion. I'm sure the folks in Israel have better things to do then wage a war with people who have no problem blowing up little kids. Bear in mind (as you obviously don't understand) that this conflict is not popular with the people of Israel themselves. Also bear in mind that Israel is a democracy and can elect new Prime Ministers at any time (unlike the other governments in the middle east). We have seen in recent history the way that the Israeli people have not reelected prime ministers because of their inability to take strides toward peace. Those of you making odd comments like "sharon will be in power for a long time and wage war against the palestinians" simply know nothing about the form of government used in Israel. But that's ok, I don't expect you to, as you have never been there and only know what you hear.

I wonder what you suggest be done. An open question to all of you. You seem to feel that when a bus bombing of innocent kids occurs the Israelis should do nothing. Do you believe America should have done nothing when it's people were killed? Do you believe any country shouldn't have the right to take action to prevent such horrible things from occuring again?

You portray the terrorist who was killed Thursday as a regular person. That is ignorant on your part. The Israelis did not pick a random Palestinian to vent their aggression on. This was someone heavily involved in actions like the bus bombing. He is a combatant. Period.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
The peace plan will be thrown out of the window now

Considering that the Israelis were about to hand two towns to the jurisdiction of the PA when this bombing occurred I am sure you will agree with me that the peace process being thrown out the window is the fault of the terrorists.

(NOTE THAT I DO NOT SAY FAULT OF PALESTINIANS, I SAY TERRORISTS BECAUSE I, UNLIKE MOST POSTERS HERE, DO NOT AGREE THAT THE ACTIONS OF STUPID EXTREMISTS REPRESENTS AN ENTIRE PEOPLE)

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 11:45 AM
link   
You can actually blame Sharon for what's going on in the west bank? How? If you were the leader of a country under a magnifying glass of blood and violence, what choice would you have??? Until new leadership is established over the PALESTINIANS there will never be peace in this region. The Israelis have done some horrible things, but open your eyes.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The reason i feel that way about Sharon is because i watched a program on UK TV called "Gaza strip:killing fields" and Irael troops were killing innocent Palestinians for no reason. Iraels is building a gaint wall to keep Palestinians and we all no about the new marriage law. Sharon views are like Hitler's when it comes to Palestinians.

Sharon needs to sort this problem out. He needs to sit around a table and talk about the problems and work things out. There will be a war if nothing is done.

I no i seem anti-Irael but im not. I believe they should not treat all Palestinians as terrorist.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by goregrinder
You can actually blame Sharon for what's going on in the west bank? How? If you were the leader of a country under a magnifying glass of blood and violence, what choice would you have??? Until new leadership is established over the PALESTINIANS there will never be peace in this region. The Israelis have done some horrible things, but open your eyes.

I blame the method he adopted as his own, you kill, we kill.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I agree with you a 100% this is one big circle, one kills and the other kills

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Infinite, UK television also broadcast much information about the Jenin "massacre"... Then the UN themselves (hardly friends of Israel) admitted that the whole thing had no evidence or basis and was tremendously exxagerated. So i'd be more careful in taking the word of proven uncredible journalists. Journalistic responsibility means verifying stories before you print them. The news outlets in the UK proved in the Jenin "massacre" that they do not practice such responsibility.

As for your last point, you are quite correct. It's a large circle of violence... which is the very reason why you should not be upset with israel for their retaliation against Hamas in response to the bus bombing. Combat was initiated on innocents, and the response was combat against one of the fighters. Sounds like standard warfare to me.

[Edited on 8-21-2003 by Djarums]

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
Infinite, UK television also broadcast much information about the Jenin "massacre"... Then the UN themselves (hardly friends of Israel) admitted that the whole thing had no evidence or basis and was tremendously exxagerated. So i'd be more careful in taking the word of proven uncredible journalists. Journalistic responsibility means verifying stories before you print them. The news outlets in the UK proved in the Jenin "massacre" that they do not practice such responsibility.

Could not agree with you more, I wish more people understood that just because you have a google link it doesn't mean it's fact!

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I agree with you a 100% this is one big circle, one kills and the other kills

The difference is that Israel is targeting criminals in an effort to protect innocents, and the terrorists are targeting innocents in an effort to keep the violence going.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Children dont post messages like this one..

[Edited on 22-8-2003 by Uninen]

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Uninen, your plans of world wide genocide are very interesting

[Edited on 21-8-2003 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Sharon needs to sort this problem out. He needs to sit around a table and talk about the problems and work things out. There will be a war if nothing is done.

Have there not been peace talks. As mentioned above Isreal was ready to release two towns back to Palastine's control. How much more talking does Isreal need to do?
Hamas needs to be removed. There will be no peace until they are gone. Terrorism will only provake more violence.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Uninen........
That was not cool, not kosher, not called for.....
Very poor choice of words my friend.

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Lets just kill all of them.. to last woman and children.. the jews i mean.. no more terrorist attacks against US, Palestinians or Arabs.. Everybody wins..

I'm disgusted that mods let this kind of # be posted up here.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Uninen, your plans of world wide genocide are very interesting

[Edited on 21-8-2003 by infinite]

Yes.. i have been planning this for long.. i will start with my neighbors.. i will clense the world from unpure and ignorants..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join