It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel fights back

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Yes I Agree with some of you stating the occupation of Palistine will only fuel more anger in the Palistinian perspective. PM Ariel Sharon should concentrate on the Hamas and thier whereabouts, it'll be hard but that's what a leader supposed to do protect his people under any circumstance. This violent Jihad/holywar will onlt escalade to a more violent level if not prevented. any suggestings in how to stop it?

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I really hate violence, and this whole back and forth Israeli Palestinian thing has been around for a long time. I HATE the entire situation, and i wish something would happen that it would just STOP it, and realize what is happening.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 08:38 PM
link   
If some of you are big on religion prophecy, then you can see that every thing is working like it suppose to... a few killings here, a few killing there, a huge mistake somewhere, then BOOM you have a nuclear war!

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Israelis will kill Palestinians, Palestinians will kill Israelis. It wont end, so, why are we involved? They are perfectly happy blowing each other to bits, I say bully for them, leave em to it, and stop funding them period. Screw em both. Pull out of the middle east, develop ethanol, or other fuel/energy source, and cut them off, so that in 100 years or so, they will either get tired of it and stop the BS, or they will have blown themselves to bit.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Islamic Jihad claims responsibility so the Israelis kill a Hamas leader: Hamas claimed allegiance to the "roadmap" -so now they don't. Islamic Jihad did not claim allegiance so nothing changes.
We can see who benefits, quite clearly.
Still it makes a change from "unknown" groups which is the best the fantasists can come up with in Baghdad.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 08:54 PM
link   
And how remarkable that the same people who apparently cannot spot a Palestinian laden down with explosives masquerading as an Ultra-Orthodox Jew at the holiest site in Jerusalem know exactly where this Hamas leader will be and when and in what car less than a day later?
Mazltov!

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 08:56 PM
link   
But Skadi you seem a little extreme in fact by just letting the whole situation being independent, eventuall all the world will be involved if we like it or not. If we ignore the problem in the middle east then all hell will break lose. That is why we must nuetralize the violence in the ME. When I say "we" I not only mean the US, Parts of the world that is effected by this.

XYZ

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   
"israel" is illegal country build on lies, terrorism and murders. sharon is a criminal who made massacres killed thousands and thousands of innocent civillians by using American made weapons (like sabre and shatila massacre and alot alot mare...)
every day innocent Palestineans children die but who cares? they're not israelis
israel doesn't want peace they want palestine and the surrounding countries
and they are using the scuicide bombers as an alibie to do whatever they want in fact i think sharon whant the scuicide bombing to continue
and America support them because they control America anb it's media
and wha about destroing Palestineans houses over their heads ?
they violated every law, every human right and every UN resolution
they builded a wall separating the Palestineans families
they even murder the peace protestors

[Edited on 22-8-2003 by XYZ]

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Hmm, where have i read one of the above posts before... there's an uncanny likeness to a previous member...

XYZ

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by goregrinder
Hmm, where have i read one of the above posts before... there's an uncanny likeness to a previous member...

God..
u are really stupid
is this your perfect answer?

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 10:51 PM
link   
God..
u are really stupid
is this your perfect answer?

Right.. Easy tiger!

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo
Djarums: I hope you didn't take my post to mean that I hate Jews. I'm against the occupation of Palestine, as are many Israelis. I'm against the systematic marginalization of an entire culture.

Two questions:

1) You say you're against the occupation of "Palestine", but that term can be misleading. Are you refering to the West Bank and the Gaza Strip?

2) Since Arabic culture spans such a large area, all of Northern Africa, Western Asia, and is moving into Europe, how can you say that anyone, much less tiny Israel, has the power to marginalize that culture?

I've asked you this second question before, but you declined to answer. I hope you don't miss it this time around.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 01:09 AM
link   
"From William: you really are a supreme azzhole"

Some people just cant see the reality of matters..

And they name call me.. is it my fault that people are killing each others at "Holy land"?

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 07:18 AM
link   
XYZ, thanks for your neutral views on this. Moron.

Estragon, in the first hours following the attack, both Hamas and Islamic Jihad claimed responsibility. The locations of major terrorist murderers is kept track of by Israel's intelligence. If you can not understand why they might do that, then something is loose in your head.

As proof of what I stated above I link you to this story on CNN

Right near the top they print the following:

"Israel contends the cease-fire had already been broken by Tuesday's bus bombing in Jerusalem that killed 20 people. Both Hamas and Islamic Jihad claimed responsibility for that attack."

I hope that will lay to rest any doubt on why a Hamas member was targeted. Trust me, Hamas wasn't singing "All we are saying is give peace a chance" while the blood of little kids was all over the street. Get over it.

XYZ

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
XYZ, thanks for your neutral views on this. Moron.

All I posted was pure facts

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Hot off the Press

www.msnbc.com...

Isreal Vows to continue to strike at the terrorists.

�WE PLAN SERIOUS retaliation on the terrorist infrastructure,� he said.
Israel hit Hamas hard after one of its suicide bombers killed 20 people aboard a Jerusalem bus on Tuesday.
Hamas called the bombing a one-off revenge attack for Israel�s killing of its leaders, saying it did not affect the June 29 unilateral truce.
But after the death of Abu Shanab, considered second in Hamas only to spiritual leader Sheikh Ahmed Yassin, militant groups vowed to unleash violence anew in a revolt that erupted in the occupied West Bank and Gaza Strip in September 2000.
�We urge all our cells of fighters in Palestine to strike in every corner of the Jewish state,� said a statement by
Hamas leader Ismail Abu Shanab
Hamas, which like kindred group Islamic Jihad is sworn to Israel�s destruction.

Wow, just wow

[Edited on 22-8-2003 by Shining Wizard]

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Until Sharon is out of power, I have a feeling that this viscious cycle is never going to end.

Let's not forget who broke the cease-fire in the first place... I continue to be amazed by Palestinian idiocy....

It's like this:

Palestinian: I want that sandbox, it used to belong to my father's father's father's father!

Isreali: The law says the sandbox is mine...I am sorry.

Palestinian: Fine! *proceeds to then start smashing Isreali's toys to pieces*

Isreali: *Smashes Palestinian's toys to pieces* but of course, still has the sandbox, and smashed more toys.

Palestinian: I want the sandbox, and maybe I will stop smashing your toys!

Isreali: We can come to an agreement, let's share the sandbox, and end the toy smashing....

Palestinian: Ok....

Palestinian: *then smashes more toys...*

Frickin' idiots....

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fry2
"Action has been taken"

I guess so, his entire existance, past and present, on the board has dissapeared. I say that's a good thing

Haha.. you would like that would you? No bonus babe..

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Until Sharon is out of power, I have a feeling that this viscious cycle is never going to end.

Let's not forget who broke the cease-fire in the first place... I continue to be amazed by Palestinian idiocy....

It's like this:

Palestinian: I want that sandbox, it used to belong to my father's father's father's father!

Isreali: The law says the sandbox is mine...I am sorry.

Palestinian: Fine! *proceeds to then start smashing Isreali's toys to pieces*

Isreali: *Smashes Palestinian's toys to pieces* but of course, still has the sandbox, and smashed more toys.

Palestinian: I want the sandbox, and maybe I will stop smashing your toys!

Isreali: We can come to an agreement, let's share the sandbox, and end the toy smashing....

Palestinian: Ok....

Palestinian: *then smashes more toys...*

Frickin' idiots....

If I may intervene (smell the irony)

I see it more like this:

Isreali "Why in the hell do I have to take this sandbox? My old one was much bigger and in better shape, stupid bullies"

Pali "why are you in MY sandbox? Get out or I will break your bucket!"

World "Now you two become friends, and leave us alone" (que bad parent mode) walks away turning a deaf ear

Isreali "Hey, I am taking this part of the Sandbox, you take the other half"

Pali "I want your half"

Isreali "Fine, we'll switch"

Pali "No, I want the other half again"

Isreali "No, we made a deal"

Pali BREAKS BUCKET "Take that infindel"

Isreali BREAKS BUCKET "Take that terrorist"

Repeat cycle 66 times

America "Now, I have seen you two do this every day for 48 years, now QUIT it and play nice, or I will take both your buckets" (Pat's Isreali and the head and winks as he walks away)

Pali "Fine, we can be friends but I want to play on both side's of the sand box"

Isreali "Okay, sounds good"

Pali "Hey Jerk, you got sand in my bucket" BREAKS BUCKET

Isreali BREAKS BUCKET

Repeat cycle 30 times

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Mycroft: "1) You say you're against the occupation of "Palestine", but that term can be misleading. Are you refering to the West Bank and the Gaza Strip?

2) Since Arabic culture spans such a large area, all of Northern Africa, Western Asia, and is moving into Europe, how can you say that anyone, much less tiny Israel, has the power to marginalize that culture?"

1) I don't understand what's really misleading about referring to it as Palestine. The actual borders of Palestine that were determined in 1967, not a centimeter less. I'm not talking about the West Bank and Gaza specifically, I'm talking about all the non-Israeli lands that Israel snapped up and put settlements and fences and gun towers up on. Palestinian land.

2) I'm not talking specifically about "Arabic" culture, I'm talking about Palestinian culture. Not all Arabs live the same day -to-day lives and believe the same things. Israel limits Palestinians travel, their economy, and often their very lives (cruise missiles shot into a civilian apartment complex to kill a Hamas extremist, for example). Any viable state must be contiguous, have free borders and sovereignty over its natural resources and airspace. Palestine has none of these, and Israel seems to not want to allow them to ever have them.

That's what I mean when I say that they are marginalizing Palestinian culture. You say PALESTINIAN and most people immediately think SUICIDE BOMBER. More people believe that Palestinians are murderous scumbags because of a pro-Israeli slant in the US news media than who know the actual truth.

That they are a subjugated race of people, not allowed to travel where they want, having to wait at roadblocks and checkpoints based on IDF soldiers' whims, have to watch their children shot at by IDF snipers, have arbitrarily imposed curfews, and live in one the most DENSELY populated areas on the planet (and one of the poorest).

That's what I mean.

Jakomo

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join