It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super deja vu...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Let me start by saying that I know this topic has been approached many times before. I am aware of this. I just want to tell a bit of my story and see if anyone has an opinion or has similar experiences. I'm not lying about any of this either; making up stories is pointless.

First, deja vu is not something new to me. I probably experience deja vu about 5 times a week, which is almost once every day, with maybe one or two days in between. No exaggeration. It hasn't always been like this though. I don't know how often the average person experiences deja vu, but this is definitely a higher concentration of deja vu than I'm used to. It's something that's been developing recently, more or less over the last month. I started having a little more deja vu than usual, like maybe twice a week or so, which I didn't really notice at first. Then the span of time between my deja vu's gradually started growing smaller and smaller, maybe 3 or 4 times a week, sometimes more than once a day.

So anyways, that's a lot of deja vu. Any thoughts?

Second, a wierd "super deja vu" experience I had.

A long while back (less than a year ago, I don't remember exactly, but still a long time) I had a really out there deja vu. I'll try to explain this the best I can.

I was leaving my house to walk over to my friend's house. As I walked out the front door of the house and shut it behind, I entered a state of deja vu that was unlike anything I had ever experienced. My sister and her friend were sitting by the open garage talking to each other. As soon as I walked out that door I instantly knew everything they were saying, had said before I walked out the door, and were going to say in the next few seconds. It was a completely out of this world feeling. If I wasn't so "in the moment" I probably could have quoted them word for word at the very same time they were speaking. This wasn't like normal deja vu in the regular sense where I'm thinking "I've seen this before." It was more like "I know this..."

The whole time this was happening, I was walking down the driveway... just walking and looking at everything around me in this weird "super deja vu" mode. It lasted about a whole 10 seconds at the most, but it was absolutely mind blowing. It was like I knew everything that was going to happen while it was happening.

Thoughts? I'm not making this up, or claiming that I have any kind of super powers or anything like that. I just want to know what anyone thinks. I enjoy sharing these types of things.

I've also been wondering if there are any type of experiments that I can do with deja vu. If anyone has any good suggestions, I'd be glad to follow through and post results. I know that no one really knows for sure what deja vu is (although there are many who really believe they do), but what are some theories?

[edit on 19-7-2005 by CloudlessKnight]

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I believe you. I too have had many cases of Deja Vu, however most of my experiences with Deja Vu involve dreamed premonitions about an event that occurs later that lets me know that what I have dreamed is the future. These premonitions used to occur when I was younger, but they don't happen as frequently now, however when I did get the Deja Vu, it was like you described, a "Super Deja Vu".

Urn

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 02:33 AM
link   
i can't say i've ever experienced this "super deja vu" thing, but, when i was young (between 5 and 10 years old) i used to experience some pretty vivid deja vu pretty much daily...

i also used to have ALOT of out of body experiences at the time (of course i didn't realize what had been happening until years later)

i haven't had a case of deja vu, or an out of body experience for like 18 years since (and MAN, have i tried!!!)

one interesting theory i've heard about deja vu (i think i saw it on the discovery channel) goes somthing like this......

it could be some sort of short circuit in the brain regarding short term, and long term memory

somthing like, your brain winds up logging the event directly into long term memory, almost bypassing your short term memory altogether....
and you wind up sort of "remembering" the event as it's happening, thus confusing the hell out of your memory of/perseption of, said event...

if that made any sense at all...lol

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Not to scare you, but I've also heard that de ja vu can be related to your brain failing. My friend caught his de ja vu once!!! It was really funny. We were playing some game that involved a lot of peices. He lost one of his, and out of nowhere goes "De ja vu! I know where it is!". And without looking, he quickly reached behind him and grabbed exactly what he was looking for. Hilarious. I also think de ja vu can also be created by having a repeating routine. For example, maybe you go to your friend's house a lot and your sister and her friend are there talking a lot as well. Then you're not paying attention, and all of a sudden you snap out of your daydream and "What the Hell!?". Do you daydream a lot?

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Never had Super Deja Vu, but I have had one case of normal deja vu, for years I can remember thinking I was going to die in a cafe with a girl when a car comes flying through the window, it was in a dream so it was even weirder, I had it all the time.

But when I went and saw Spiderman 2 I was dumbfounded, my 'death' was in the bloody film!! So I guess I had predicted the film!! Weirded me out.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   
That means that what i described in my other thread was actually, a super deja vu...

here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Read this post. In the second part ive explained something very similar with your case. Tell me if you see any relations.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Urn
it could be some sort of short circuit in the brain regarding short term, and long term memory

somthing like, your brain winds up logging the event directly into long term memory, almost bypassing your short term memory altogether....
and you wind up sort of "remembering" the event as it's happening, thus confusing the hell out of your memory of/perseption of, said event...

This is very interesting. I'll have to look into this more.

But, CloudlessKnight, you may want to think about carrying a small notepad around with you and everytime you have an instance of Deja Vu, write down as much as you can about the events just before the episode, what occured during the episode, and what occured after. You may be able to find a pattern that you can explore.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by NinterX
That means that what i described in my other thread was actually, a super deja vu...

here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Read this post. In the second part ive explained something very similar with your case. Tell me if you see any relations.

Wow. That's exactly the same kind of thing I experienced. Crazy. It's like deja vu, but more extreme. I just coined it "super deja vu" for lack of a better word. Really neat that I found someone with a similar experience.

Originally posted by DCFusion
But, CloudlessKnight, you may want to think about carrying a small notepad around with you and everytime you have an instance of Deja Vu, write down as much as you can about the events just before the episode, what occured during the episode, and what occured after. You may be able to find a pattern that you can explore.

Very good idea. I'll do that.

[edit on 19-7-2005 by CloudlessKnight]

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Yea, I know what you mean. I used to get a least one Deja Vu a day. But now I never get it. Weeeeird.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
i think da ja vu is the neverending cycle that we all exprience theology and
quatum physics might explian it
the emrald tablets of thoth explains how there are different existing planes are dimesoins www.crystalinks.com... metapysical science thier also other links

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   
haha everyone is calling it a "super deja vu". It looks like this guy may have just coined a new term, "super deja vu". haha good job man

new topics

top topics

join