It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you know this about Iraq

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 12:49 AM
link   
So why would the media, if they hate Bush, not pick up on the numerous stories that prove there is an agenda behind everything from Iraq all the way back to September 11 and the initiation of the "war on terrorism"?? Do you have any idea how many of such things we don't know about in the U.S. but are reported on daily in other countries? I'll give the media one thing, they are not biased toward either side because they are too busy worrying about raking in those ad dollars.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I am aware of many of the conspiratorial motives regarding Iraq. The thrust of this thread was to show that all isnt bad in the progress of Iraq.
Men get up every day, put their pants on one leg at time and genuinly are trying to help.

So lets not belittle the huge undertaking of rebuilding a nation like Iraq. Hey,I dont like the Oil implications or some of the subset issues involved in Iraq.

Honestly. What are we to do at this point? We cant roll back the clock. We have to move ahead and get things done. Do we abandon Iraq? No.
We stay. We do the right thing. You dont go, blow up a country, liberate a long standing dictator, then leave.

Anyone can do nothing. Anyone can run, and anyone can leave. America picked the road less traveled. Even one I originally was strongly against.
But here we are. Lets accentuate the positives.

Peace

[edit on 20-7-2005 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY
CIA world fact book.

www.cia.gov...

Population Iraq: 26,074,906 (July 2005 est.)

Does that balance things out a bit?

Peace

Erm, 26 Million including the 11 Million CHILDREN between 0-15

Learn to read the factbook.

The stats for population per age group is in the people section and workforce in the economy section.

And I was very gentle in the number because I took all 15+ers into account, not only the poeple between 15-65.

[edit on 20-7-2005 by thematrix]

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   
The Iran Iraq war took a heavy toll on casualties. Iraqs Median age is something like 19 years old. Pretty young.

When you consider that the majority of their age bracket came after the war was over, that meant people were having children and life moved on.

Iraq has had severe setbacks. The statistics alone should tell one that the things are moving in the right direction.

Lets look for plus items to talk about please.

When a person gets up in the morning, they have two choices. They can look down at the dirt, or up look up to the sky. I prefer to look up to the sky.

And that.....
is the push of this thread; as there are always plenty of mud slingers.

Peace

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Certain news networks are known to lean to one side... that is a fact. No one denies it...

And yes, the media is more concerned with money than everything else. That's why some of their stories, which they should've never published, has got even more Americans killed. That is why I am generally disgusted with the media who are out for $$$ rather than looking for what the right story should be.

It's good that they tell us what is happening in Iraq with bombings and deaths, but I'd also like to see the progress of rebuilding and the positives more often too...I never see it. Alot of people are going to be led to believe there is no positive aspect.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   
You have voted HIFIGUY for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

Great post HIFI, Unfortuneatly america wont get any credit for any of these things after all we are the "Evil Empire" and are only in Iraq for "oil".
You arent going to convince some people that things might be looking up for Iraq, the have been so ingrained in their ideology it would not matter if iraq became a Utopia

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join