It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Governemnt Brainwashing Techniques

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I was listening to the radio and they did the usual, this is only a test saying and then a several long harsh soundsing beep sounds would play, then the radio station would return. Now they say this is for emergency testing purposes, at least that is what they want us to believe. These also occur on the television, on many channels, and most likely on many different radio stations. Do you think the government is playing on the statistics that almost every american listens to the radio and watches the television almost every day, meaning they would see or here these brodcasts numerous times every year? Could this just be a form of brainwashing? This thought just hit me -what do you guys think?

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Emergency Broadcast System

Wikipedia is your friend.

The EBS is used for emergency purposes. It's just required that they test them weekly. If you live in a flood prone area, or in an active hurricane/tornado watch/warning area, you should be pretty familiar with actual (real) warnings.

To my knowledge the NWS uses the EBS the most; mainly to issue weather watch/warning information, as well as special weather advisories. Many lives, and property have been saved as a direct result of the EBS, and NWS.

The only way I can see the EBS being used for mind control is if the gov't, or NWO issues...

This post is being interupted for testing of the ATS Emergency Broadcast System...

THIS IS JUST A TEST.

BBBBBRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

The preceding was a test of the ATS Emergency Broadcast System. We now return you to the regularly scheduled post, allready in progress...

...so thats when the aliens told me about the whole entire secret plot behind the NWO, issuing weather warnings as a tool for mind control. I was pretty shocked. Anyhow, talk to you later man.

[edit on 7/16/05 by microcosm]

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
hey, our entire population is apt to hear these tests multiple times each year... and if the technology is out there, I am sure its a possibility. Just becasue it has helped many people, thus giving it a solid background, making suspecting people like us pass it over could be there ploy to keep there plan on the down low. It may be far out there, but if the tech is there, it all adds up.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Could this just be a form of brainwashing? This thought just hit me -what do you guys think?

No, this is to make sure that the emergency systems are in check. I remeber growing up in Alabama...in an area known for tornados...anyways
they would play that all the time during certain times of the year when tornados were very likely to hit.

How could that brainwash someone? Can you please explain WHY you think this? What is the reason? What about nuns and monks? (ok im joking on that one
)

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   
ha idk how it would work or anything like that, it was just a thought that hit me. I dont think you guys get what im saying. I KNOW IT IS AN EMERGENCY PROCEDURE. However, why does there have to be such a long beep like that, all these years, it finally hit me that it was kinda odd.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Well I'll be 100% honest.

I think the idea is "out there"... way out there.

-You can always change the station, or channel. If it was some sinister plot, then you'ld figure, they'd test ALL channels, and ALL frequencies (or atleast more than 1) at the same time. This would give the mind control subject no choice at all, but to listen to the lulling drone of the EBS "mind control madness machine"...

You can say "oh they can't do that, it'd be to suspicious?" I feel it wouldn't... just tell people that the FCC mandates it under protocol "33.21 section 3" (I made that up), and they'll forget all about it. Most common people don't know jack squat about FCC rules, and regs anyway... say that the gov't makes you do it, and they'll say... "oh, well ok then..."

Let's say it was "too suspicious"; then they could just make the tests longer. Thus exposing us more to the "brain washing signal". They could make the tests last a minute as opposed to a few seconds (20-25). It would be probably appear completely harmless, or unnoticable too... who has actually timed one of the tests before? Who's gonna start now?

I can't even remember the last time I heard an EBS test/alert... I think it had something to do with coastal flooding / flash flooding all over southern Suffolk county (where I live).

-The alerts do not last long at all. Within a year you're probly exposed to about 2-4 minutes in total to the EBS (just a number off the top of my head). Unless you're located in a hazardous weather prone area, thus making EBS tests/alerts much more freuquent.

It'd be interesting to ask others on this board if they remember the last time they heard an EBS test... if it was recent ask them about the time before that.

Basically the reasons I feel the idea is out there:

-The tests aren't seen, or heard frequently enough. (Maybe they are frequent, and I just don't watch much TV... that can very likely be the case. Being that I try to watch very little of it. And forget commercial radio... I listen to school radio stations, and thats it.)

-The duration of the test is not long enough. According to Wikipedia, the attention signal only lasts 20-25 seconds... not a very long time at all... You'ld have to watch just abit over 5 EBS tests to be exposed to the signal for 2 minutes. I'd be willing to bet most people can't even recall hearing the EBS 5 times within this year. Hell, I'd be even more willing to bet that most people don't have the attention span for the full 25 seconds... if it's a test they probly change the channel to see what else is on. Even if they did hear a full 2 minutes of the EBS, how much could possibly done? That'd have to be one extremely powerful mind control thinger-ma-bobber to be effective in such a short ammount of time. Hell... you can't even heat up a potato in the microwave in 2 minutes.

-According to regs, the test has to take place between 8:30AM, and Local Sunset... Most people work 9-5 jobs, or go to school from 9-2 (maybe earlier, or later in some areas). I'm gonna take a wild guess, and say most of the EBS tests take place while most people are working, or at school. Now it doesn't really make sense to broadcast your mind control signals when 3/4's of your mind control subjects are busy, and/or away.

-I have a few more points, I could bring up; but I feel I've said enough for now.

Who really knows though. I'm just offering my view on things, and you're doing the same. If mind control is what you feel is possibly going on I encourage you to look further into the EBS, and it's history. Maybe you'll uncover something there.

Good luck.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by microcosm
-You can always change the station, or channel. If it was some sinister plot, then you'ld figure, they'd test ALL channels, and ALL frequencies (or atleast more than 1) at the same time. This would give the mind control subject no choice at all, but to listen to the lulling drone of the EBS "mind control madness machine"...
Good luck.

Betting on americans laziness, I know i didnt change the channel.

For this one, good chance its false, however, things like this are happening everyday under our noses. I posted to see if anyone else had had the same epiphany while listening to this, but no one has yet. Until then, microcosm, I think its a bit dangerous to live life believing what the man before you said, you can't always rely on truth now adays. Yes, for this subject, there is a lot that makes this idea seem perpostrous, however, if you look at it from the other side, it makes as much sense as why they would be using this technique. Anyways, thanks for the opinion.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I don't think the government is using the Emergency Broadcasting Tests to brainwash people. I've never noticed anything happen to people when one was being broadcasted.

However, it seems likely to me that they may be using sodium fluoride (in our water & toothpaste) to sedate the general populace while controlling what is shown on television (via Project Mockingbird). Thus controlling what the masses believe and think.

Just do word searches on "sodium fluoride mind control" and "CIA Project Mockingbird" and you'll see what I mean.

-Tex

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
If you're a believer in "the emergency brodcast test is brainwashing" theory then you can go on believing that it is subliminal but it's not really likely that this would be real. This wouldn't really be an effective way to brainwasher people if you think about it.

Wait....america has emergency brodcast tests? We (canadians) don't have that.

new topics

top topics

join