It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

.50 Caliber Marine Sniper Kills in Afghanistan - Graphic

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Sick of all the insurgent IED videos flooding the net? Sick of watching spineless terrorists kill women and children while they shop or wait in line for food and work?

Well I am. Those insurgent/terrorist videos are everywhere. But notice its nearly impossible to find coalition footage battling them? Granted, there are some, but a mere fraction of the insurgent ones. Well I spent a bit last night searching for some, and I didnt find that many, but I found a few.

One I wanted to show you is one of Marine snipers using a .50 caliber sniper rifle...scratch that...a .50 caliber CANNON in Afghanistan. I have seen footage of these things shooting bricks and steel plate, but this I was not prepared for.

What you are about to see is GRAPHIC, as it depicts real sniper hits against Taliban soldiers. But as graphic as it is, it still is facinating to see the amazing power and accuracy of these amazing weapons.

Once more: GRAPHIC video, watch at your own risk.

forums.ehowa.com...

Thos poor bastards didnt know what hit them.

[edit on 13-7-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
No matter how hard I looked, I couldn't see what was hit in the first shot. Clearly, it was an organism of some sort.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
It looked to me like a prone man, but again, its hard to tell. The last one is plain as day. Some you couldnt tell until after the round hit and the parts were airborn

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
AWSOME!!! GO America- I would watch movies all day of seeing those human slim being capped.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Man that was something now I now why they are called anti material weapons because they will destroy just about anything they hit! Impressive weapon.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by horten229v3
AWSOME!!! GO America-

Yeah. It's pretty rare to find something so awe inspiring on ATS. Marine snipers are a very special breed. Those guys really are the "Terminators."

There are a number of good books written by snipers. Carlos Hathcock's was a good one. There's a DVD about his work.

www.navysealteams.com...

[edit on 2005/7/12 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Here is a young Iraqi shooting at Americans when in the presence of an M1 Abrams...You can guess the results:

www.thecia.net...

[edit on 12-7-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
In the sniper vid it looks more like mountain lions he's shooting at, not people. Can see the horns on the first one.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Yeah, except for the arms that go flying into the air after he shoots at them. That was a wicked video. Both of them. That's why you always make sure to bring the biggest toys to the sandbox.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I never knew how powerful one bullet from one of those could be

Go USA

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
It seems to be a "varmint" hunt video, as in combat I doubt the shooter or spotter will be videotaping the kills, but I don't know

Anyhow there is another site that has the video that claims its just animals.

www.strategypage.com...

On the first shot if you slow it down, you will see a mountain lion with its side to the camera, and the horns.

Awesome accuracy though. I was impressed.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiergraf
I never knew how powerful one bullet from one of those could be

Perhaps this will help to put it into perspective.

[edit on 2005/7/12 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cito
On the first shot if you slow it down, you will see a mountain lion with its side to the camera, and the horns.

Am I missing something here? What sort of mountain lions do you have where you live?

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
And in the third video, that looks amazingly like an arm that goes flying off to the left. There were a couple others that looked distinctly like bodyparts as well.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
heh ok maybe not mountain lion lemme find a picture of what I meant.
ok

I had my animals mixed up thats my bad. But looking up native animals to that area is the big horned sheep

which Is what all the shots look like to me. And searching around other sites that carry the vid, is pretty much agreed.

And in the third video, that looks amazingly like an arm that goes flying off to the left.

Well the animal does have 4 of them

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Some do look like human arms and legs but if it is that horned animal you now the results would be the same for human flesh.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I slowed it down on the third one, and that still looks like a human arm to me. The way it flies out it looks like it came off a man standing behind the rocks. The way it's jointed it would have to be the rear leg of an animal, and the end of it looks too big to be a hoof. It looks a lot like a hand to me.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I have no idea why anyone would want to blow apart mountain sheep like that. Perhaps a predator, but not a sheep...

Looks like they were terrorists to me.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Yes that round is quite awesome, but I thought it was against the Geneva Convention to shoot the enemy with a .50 cal.
I do remember sitting through Geneva Convention class, being instructed it was against the Convention to aim at enemy soldiers with an M-2 .50 cal machine gun; we were only alloed to aim at equipment and vehicles.

Am I missing something?

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Regardless of what the target in the video is, the point of the video and the weapon are clear. Stay outside the 2000 yard line, or be destroyed.

www.globalsecurity.org...

It can engage targets to 2,000 meters with precision.

According to Operation Iraqi Freedom PEO Soldier Lessons Learned [LTC Jim Smith 15 May 2003] "The Barrett 50 cal Sniper Rifle may have been the most useful piece of equipment for the urban fight – especially for our light fighters. The XM107 was used to engage both vehicular and personnel targets out to 1400 meters. Soldiers not only appreciated the range and accuracy but also the target effect. Leaders and scouts viewed the effect of the 50 cal round as a combat multiplier due to the psychological impact on other combatants that viewed the destruction of the target.

“My spotter positively identified a target at 1400 meters carrying an RPG on a water tower. I engaged the target. The top half of the torso fell forward out of the tower and the lower portion remained in the tower.” 325th PIR Sniper

"There were other personal anecdotes of one round destroying two targets and another of the target “disintegrating.”

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join