It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR WITH CHINA

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
i really can't see China attacking America. What they would fear is America allies, America would get more if they were attacked. China is smart and wouldn't risk attacking America.

Exactly what I was saying. China values their trade realtioniship too much and are somewhat sane. Joi geen! Ngo seung mei kwok yan!

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 08:12 PM
link   
china would never launch a nuclear attack on the US cause they know that the russians are our buddies (weel sort of) and have most of their ICBM's pointed at china.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 10:45 PM
link   
What if China saw the US as a rogue nation not abiding by international law, breaking treaties, selling WMD and intimidating smaller countries militarily. What if they looked at our "dubiously elected" administration and decided that they were religious zealots helping their corporate friends steal all the money while imprisoning the black minority at higher rates with "bogus" drug laws.
What if they saw the US use chemical weapons on its own people, sometimes without their knowing, and were systematically destroying the collective rights of the populace, gutting the judiciary's power, initiating military trials.
What if China thought that a pre-emptive strike was the only way for them to preserve there "way of life" against the constant threat of military force from the US.
What if China thought they were rightfully allowed to maintain their dominace of the world against all enemies real and perceived. What if they thought they were the good ones, the moral ones and had Confucious on their side blessing them.
What if they decided to strike the US pre-emtively to liberate the 85% of Americans that did NOT vote for the current administration. What if they thought they could successfully export communism, which they "know" to be the best economic system in the world even if its never been tried on the American populace.
What if they did? Would you engage in guerilla warfare? Would you try giving the "elected" commisar of your local region a chance? What if they took control of our vast forestry resources and demanded that the proceeds be used to repay their "war of liberation's" debt from us. What if they dragged the Lincoln statue down from his monument to the rising chorus of at least a hundred people cheering.
What would you do? How would you feel?

[Those in authority are lying to you, they always have been. You are absolutely free]

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Thats pretty good VoD....
One thing...
How are they, the Chinese, going to avoid the US detecting "missile" launch(s) and then launching their own counterstrike?

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Just one thing.. US has only 5-15 years time to make NWO happen.. (it will fail..) after that Russia is back at its feet, and China and India maybe even Pakistan (Pakistan witch controls all other moslem nations..) have become a SUPER POWERS.. and the EU too has become a FEDERATION.. (minus UK.. who really needs them anyway.. once proudest nation of all, now just phatetic US puppet..) Then it is payback time.. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO THEN? Invade China? I dont think so.. to US people i may seem at CNN that you have POWER.. watching wars in Afganistan or Iraq.. surely you have power over third world countries witch have no real friends.. That have NO EFFECTIVE AIR DEFENCE SYSTEMS.. But the Balkans (Serbia, Kosovo.. THE PLACE WHERE F-117 wasnt so stealthy anymore..
) US and NATO were unable to send ground troops to action as Russians said that if need comes to defend Serbia they will NUKE heart out of US, if that what it takes to protect them..
So, it was Russian troops that FIRST came to Kosovo, not US / NATO.. and the US war against Iraq is like MUSCLE MAN BEATING CRIPPLE OLD MAN IN A WHEEL CHAIR..

[Edited on 19-8-2003 by Uninen]

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Chinese rockets/missiles are not capable of the type of attack mentioned in the story... Which I imagine is a piece of scare literature intended to get americans to support an anti-missile defense system that, as envisioned, couldn't defend america from an attack like the one mentioned anyways.

China has zero reason to launch an attack like the one described in the article. It can achieve its goals through other means.

A anti-missile missile system large enough to defend us from such an attack (which hasn't been proposed) would be so expensive that it would weigh down america and divert resources from other, more urgent, needs.

Just as in 1960, there really ISN'T a missile gap. Deterence will work fine against China for some time to come.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 04:02 AM
link   
This might help anyone trying to sort fact from friction.

The annual report on the military power of the PRC. 28-8-03

www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 10:20 AM
link   

What if...

What if China saw the US as a rogue nation not abiding by international law, breaking treaties, selling WMD and intimidating smaller countries militarily. What if they looked at our "dubiously elected" administration and decided that they were religious zealots helping their corporate friends steal all the money while imprisoning the black minority at higher rates with "bogus" drug laws.

What if a knight went up and stabbed a dragon in the toe with a fork? I think you have your answer....

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I don't think China will go to war with the US.

First, Chinese missiles are not capable of the going long distance.
Second, they will never go to battle when they know for sure that they will lose.
Third, to say the least, it's in their blood. Chinese keep their nose to their own business.

[Edited on 19-8-2003 by damefool]

sky

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 10:37 AM
link   
The thing thats puzzling me slightly, is why this bloke would even consider writing a "fiction" report like this in the place?

Was there something happening at the time he wrote it, that gave him the idea in the first place or what?

sky

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by damefool
I don't think China will go to war with the US.

First, Chinese missiles are not capable of the going long distance.
Second, they will never go to battle when they know for sure that they will lose.
Third, to say the least, it's in their blood. Chinese keep their nose to their own business.

Explaint o me then why China decided to help ol Commie N.K. during the korean war.
www.history.navy.mil...

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I really don't think people should be thinking China has no ICBM's to hit the US....
China has roughly 1,800+ such warheads on ICBM's that can hit mainland USA.

"China's Nuclear Arsenal" (1996)
www.kimsoft.com...

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 19-8-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 01:49 AM
link   

it's in their blood. Chinese keep their nose to their own business.

I wish the U.S. was the same way.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
I really don't think people should be thinking China has no ICBM's to hit the US....
China has roughly 1,800+ such warheads on ICBM's that can hit mainland USA.

"China's Nuclear Arsenal" (1996)
www.kimsoft.com...

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 19-8-2003 by Seekerof]

Hmm..

24+24=1800? I dont think so..
24+24=48 and if we are optimistic and but 10 warheads to each of those we get 48x10=480 So China has some (MAX) 480 nuclear warheads on 24 icbm:s and 24 slbm:s..

regards
Uninen

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Uninen.....
Sometimes I wonder about you.......
Did you read the article I presented? Your material is dated the same as mine...1996.....
My article address's that the numbers given or projected are wrong....including the numbers you are getting from global...hence me not using global as a source for this particular topic.......

Thank you for pointing out the inaccuracy.

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackwidow666
Charles R. Smith

Tuesday 14th August 2001

On the first day of WW3, the US lost two-thirds of its military and nearly half its population, yielding superiority to communist China. US orders of the day were high alert, and there is simply no evading the fact that we were not ready.

The Chinese rain of missiles on US installations and homeland cities was a military masterpiece. The People's Liberation Army Second Artillery Corp achieved complete surprise, armed only with a small force of more than 300 tactical and 10 strategic missiles.

Defenseless against the attack, US force in Hawaii, Alaska, South Korea and Japan were quickly overwhelmed by the guided warheads of the Chinese missiles. The bombs plunged out of the inky blackness of space, striking within seconds of each other. The rain of death fell swiftly upon a sleeping America with precise and devasting accuracy.

In a span of little more than 30 minutes, China wiped out Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, San Diego, Chicago, Washington, Boston, New York, Hawaii, Manila, Seoul, Taipei and Tokyo.

China sank 5 US carriers, 7 Ohio class submarines, vaporized more than 200 MX and Minuteman missiles and destroyed more than 800 combat aircraft including 15 B-2 strategic bombers. The strikers also killer more than 100 million people without the loss of a single PLA soldier.

The Second Artillery succeeded by striking key US bases, warships and air fields with a swift and bold attack. The attack left China with 10 remaning strategic missiles and nearly 300 tactical missiles, holding the devastated US homeland hostage to another strike.

Despite the calls to retaliate, sending the scattered remains of US nuclear forces against China would not stop another attack on America, nor would it stop the PLA Generals who ordered the first.

There is no question that the US strategic missiles could devastate the Chinese homeland. Howeve, killing hundres of millions of innocent Chinese citizens would do little to deter the warlords in Beijing from launching the second wave of 10 missiles while remaining hidden inside bomb-proof tunnels.

China's sudden and brutal attack forced America to surrender to Beijing's terms. In little more than 48 hrs, China won World War 3.

No US Defense Against Attack

Thankfully that was all fiction writern by Charles R Smith back in 2001. But isnt it frightening how something could spiral right out of control and you couldnt do anything to stop that sort of thing from happening! The amount of lives that could easily be wiped out so fast, and the horror of living through it, would probably be worse.

For the rest of his report including:

"1,000 Nuclear Missiles by 2006"

"Illegal Missiles Exports to Parkistan"

"Rewarding Illegal Exports"

And

"No Calls For Sanctions"

www.newsmax.com...

I know its a bit long but though it was interesting, and that some others that hadnt seen it would also like to have a read.

blackwidow

you forgot Omaha Nebraska, which is home to SAC. i'd probally be one of the first dead!

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by 10DeadInside10

it's in their blood. Chinese keep their nose to their own business.

I wish the U.S. was the same way.

thatl never happen. sorry

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 10:30 AM
link   
KrazyIvan

sorry to leave you out there, but it wasnt me who wrote it.

blackwidow

[Edited on 25-8-2003 by blackwidow666]

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I agree, Chinese are simply too rational to attack. They arent nutty extremists who think they will get 40 virgins or whatever else. Thye simply are too clever. Attacking the US would bring retribution from the US. Before Clinton sold them our secrets, they feared us because we had a little chunk of tech that they didnt, and were terrified of it: The Neutron Bomb. Now they have it, but still, we arent defenseless.

As I said, the Chinese simply have no interest in attacking the US directly, mainly manipulating around the US and interests. They are not crazies, they are very smart, and know the aftereffects of nuclear war would be devastating to them as well. The Chinese have always been very ligical, and not so mad and koky that they wouldnt think of the possible damage to themselves.

China, though huge and powerful, and terrifying in its size, is not at the top of my list of threats, mainly, just a country to keep a close eye on. They are not driven by superstition and religious quackery, but rational, pragmatists. Chinese people still believe in a well ordered society, perhaps something that has made communism actually work better there than it has in many other countries.

Our real fear should be if China starts selling nukes and crap to the nuts in Pakistan, India, and Iran, then you should be VERY afraid.

Other than that though, China is cool, Chinese are pretty neat people. They aint suicidal, they are just tough and pragmatic. Only as a last resort and out of absolute desperation would they lob nukes at anyone, really.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 10:57 AM
link   
China wouldn't start a war or attack America. China is a nice country with nice people in it and they wouldn't unsettle the world be launching an attack on America.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join