It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sea Org: Scientology's Secret Navy!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Very interesting everyone...

...I still can't believe how crazy this group is...

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
It flows from thread to thread with the same thing being said over and over by the etc, etc

Where is your research proving that the information and links I have posted are incorrect? You are doing just what you are complaining about! If you claim that the information is not valid then post some evidence to that fact.

Also, the only claim I am making about this "SEA ORG" is that they exist.

I apologize, I had no idea you suffered from short term memory loss. Your first post at the start of this thread.....

SEA ORG: Scientology's Secret Navy!

Wow, I can't believe how crazy Scientology is...

SEA ORG is Scientology's secret navy that controls Sicentology and is just really secret and very odd.

Members of ATS need to look into this it is extremely shocking.....

"Secret Navy" is a claim that is not true. The Sea Org is well known and is not a navy.

"Crazy" is a claim that is not true. The Sea Org members are some of the most sane members of our species.

"Very Odd" is a claim that is not true. Maybe it's odd to you from a perspective of not knowing very much about them.

"evil alien doctors they are fighting" I have no idea where this comes from.

You asked about my research. Yes I've done extensive research on this topic. In fact, for five years I dedicated my life to nothing other than learning about Scientology and the Sea Org.

I was a member of the Sea Org.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Okay,

Sorry AD I did nt mean to offened you. I am sorry if I did.

So, can you tell us (as a former member of this group) what the goal of this group is and why they have navy type uniforms? Also, why they started out living on ships and such. And it still seems a bit od to me. Sorry.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I came off too strong and I'm not really that offended. I should consider skipping the Scientology threads because I do get a bit stressed over the amount of disinformation that seems to get repeated again and again.

You did ask about the Sea Org and the connection to ships and the navel type uniforms and I think the simple answer is that L. Ron Hubbard just liked the sea. He then carried that love over to the orginization he founded.
I'll put in a link that has his bio from the CoS, www.lronhubbard.org... though many facts in his bio are disputed by others, this will give you the facts as presented by the church itself and you can draw your own conclusions.

As far as the purpose of the Sea Org. It is the management level of the church and they safeguard the tech. Their goal is to clear the planet, and that would mean that they want every person to be in Scientology and moving up the Bridge.

I know the uniforms may seem strange to some, but is it any more wierd than what the Pope wears or a nuns habit? Or what about those saffron robes I've seen on monks. They are just clothing that identify you with a particular faith.

(nobody ever gave me one of those cool swords)

And just for clarity, I'm no longer in Scientology. I have nothing against them but choose to follow a different path. But I will defend their right to practice their religion as they choose, and I will defend your right to practice any religion you choose.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I know the uniforms may seem strange to some, but is it any more wierd than what the Pope wears

Boy I heard that one, especially on very special occasions - I've seen so many colors draped across them that it gives me acid flashbacks!! lol

And just for clarity, I'm no longer in Scientology.

I have always heard and read [just here and there within my life] that it was very hard to get out of Scientology. Not as a matter of the "want" to leave, but the fight against the Scientology to "want" one to stay. Drastic measures, threats, etc.

Can you comment on that?

Thanx

Misfit

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I left the church of my own volition and never had any sort of problem. I also know others that have left for some reason, and I have never seen them be bothered.

I remained in contact with people in the church for years after that, so it's not like they couldn't find me if they wanted to.

I can't say this has been the experience of every person leaving the church, and it would not surprise me that some have had problems. In an organization as large as Scientology your going to find a few zealots that will go to extremes.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
What level did you reach in Scientology? Are you clear?

Is it true it costs tons of cash to keep advancing?

It sounds kind of like Everquest. You get powers as you progress and dedicate time.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   
AD,

Thanks for the link and the information. I find this topic very interesting. When you were in SEA ORG did you spend any time on a ship, or no?

boat

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Well I just contacted a representative from Scientology. Right now they are looking for a Church in my area.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 01:33 AM
link   
To Jeremiah_John,

No I'm not a clear. One of the things that bothered me about Scientology was the invasive nature of auditing. I'm a very anxious type of person and a bit paranoid and the thought of having every thought, feeling and experience probed by an auditor and then recorded in my folder was a bit much for me. For that reason I tried to avoid auditing as much as possible. But as a staff member you are required to devote time to study and I've taken many different courses.

It is true that Scientology costs money to the public, and it gets more expensive as you progress, but with that progression you become more able to increase your income through skills learned along the way.
Any organization needs money to survive and expand and I don't see anyone railing against the wealth of the Catholic Church and those that tithe to add to their coffers.
As a staff member I received my courses and training for free but before joining staff I did pay about $1200.00 for my Purification Rundown. Also I can attest that stats are everything for a staff member in the Sea Org and if you work in an area like Div. 6, your job is to recruit and sell. (get bodies in the shop) and there is considerable pressure to keep your stats up.

To Boatphone,

No prob on the link, and I'm always willing to give info to those that are interested. no charge
As far as serving on a ship, no. The Sea Org only owns one ship right now and it's called Freewinds I think. It's run by the Flag Ship Service Org. and is over 400 feet long and like a cruise ship. I'm sure you can find it on the net if you want to see a picture of it.
I worked out of an office on Franklin Ave. in Hollywood California at a place called Celebrity Centre. I'm sure a google for "Celebrity Centre" will pull up a web page about it. It's a large castle in Hollywood and is very well known for providing Scientology services to celebrities and wealthy or well known people.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic12
Well I just contacted a representative from Scientology. Right now they are looking for a Church in my area.

The best way to find out the truth about something is to experience it for yourself. Then you know from first hand and not hearsay.

Let me know how it goes in a u2u or start a thread with your own insight as to what course you take or books you read. There is a lot of interest in Scientology with some of the members here and I know a few that would follow a thread like that.

Spelling Edit: I really wish I could spell.

[edit on 9-7-2005 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by soulforge
Do you think that Hubbard was just trying to set himself up as a real James Bond Villain?

One could argue that these are pics from the newest James Bond flic.

Personally, I think Hubbard's real purpose was to get rich, and see how much he could get away with. Sort of a personal challenge with him to see how much crazy stuff he could make people believe. A sort of modern day P.T. Barnum.

Thats not bad for a good James Bond flick. A Hubbard like character plotting to enslave the human race. I like that.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Upon reading the information presented on the Scientology website there is nothing "crazy" about this organization. This org. is for me

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   

(nobody ever gave me one of those cool swords)

That sucks. I think you should write and complain. Without the sword, the uniform just isn't complete.

Please do start a thread telling us what you think. I would definitely like to read that.

This site could use more first-hand accounts. Scientology threads make me go :bnghd:, and I've never even been a member. They have, however, given me a lot of sympathy for the Masons on the board.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Upon reading the information presented on the Scientology website there is nothing "crazy" about this organization. This org. is for me

Good luck. I've also been looking at Scientology and people have been saying it's a crazy organization, but it seems good to me.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Yeah I'm pretty excited myself. I managed to find a church which is a bout 20 minutes away from my house. Once I have the time I'll drive by.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Ok

Not to disrespect you AnxietyDisorder, but I had a dream the other night involving Scientologists and Sea.Org. Perhaps it was just after reading these forums. I was at a meeting, one of the Sea.Org people proclaimed they raised a level and I sat at a seat entitled 'Psycologist'. Of course I wasn't really a psycologist and they asked me something about a young girl who was admittingly distressed about belonging to scientology (thinking they could combat whatever I said belonging to psycology in their own terms). I said of course she's distressed, she's involved in something which is obviously stressing her. I maid it evident to everyone I'M NOT A PSYCHOLOGIST. This of course made most non-scientologists at the meeting abandon the rest of it.

Later on I tried to compose a 'cult' to combat scientologists, with this young girl in mind.

Strange, but it was just a dream, is this the right forum to put it in? Prolly my subconciousness coming out about the whole idea of Scientology.

- Nazgarn

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   
If you need interpretation send it to the paranormal forum

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Lol interpretation.

Just something which seemed important for me to share I suppose it's just a dream. Hahah.

- Nazgarn

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Sure this was just a dream but I often dream about things that I haven't resolved during that day, especially if it's something that bothers me. And as you said, you had just been reading through this thread.

Our minds never shut off, even while we are asleep, and I don't want to try interpreting the content of your dream. But I will suggest that you had just taken in a lot of new information and you spent a little time that night sorting out that data in your mind.

So dream on fellow traveller, dream on.......

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join