It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sea Org: Scientology's Secret Navy!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
i dont think theres anything u can tell me to convince me scientology isnt off its rocker
sorry dude i read the book dianetics *very repititious* i guess thats a good brainwashing technique repeating the same thing over a thousand times

makes a book with 5 ideas look big and fancy lol just repeat the idea in as many ways as possible lol

after reading this book ; and reading their website...

all i can say is that this is totally undemocratic
only rich people can succeed in this religion and rise to the top?
WEAK!!!! LAME!!!!
this religion obviously isnt for me im poor! haha!

any religion that wants money is BS seriously
all of them scientology is just the most expensive scam of all...
"oh we need to expand" NO YOU DONT you need to Disappear! lol
im on the total other side of this fence buddy

i thought the pope and his cohort were nuts; but comparing them to scientology *Which has NOTHING to do with science, aside of brainwashing science* these guys take the cake

your right the masons look nice compared to this cult

Heres what WIKIPEDIA SAYS

"One of the conditions of joining the organization is to sign a contract pledging their loyalty to Scientology for "the next billion years," committing their future lifetimes to the Sea Org.

By contrast, the governments of Germany and Belgium officially regard the Church of Scientology as a totalitarian cult; in France, a parliamentary report has classed Scientology as a dangerous cult; in the United Kingdom and Canada Scientology is not regarded as meeting the legal standards for being considered a bona fide religion. The nature and status of the Church of Scientology continues to arouse controversy around the world."

en.wikipedia.org...

just take a look around
its not just us who think these guys are a bit off
The WHOLE WORLD thinks they are losing it lol

every single step of the way; this Cult *remember most nations on earth consider it a cult, even DANGEROUS!*
this cult gets nuttier and nuttier

and NO i dont need to go get brainwashed to defend them
i wont join and ill stay right here enjoying my freedom instead of giving my body to some waky organization of people who dont make any sense at all
and for a BILLION YEARS!!!!!

its mentally disturbing
i read the whole boook Dianetics i have 100% right to talk down on this group
thank you; its like 900 pages long u try and read it!!!
i earned my right to complain about them ! cost me 10$ and a few weeks of time reading

i think they are completely out of touch with reality and me calling them crazy and wacky is me being NICE , becuase i sure have a handful of profanitys to throw at em

whoever the dude is who was in the Sea Org
i can totally understand why you protect Scientology, because it was brainwashed into your head
i am not dissing you; im just saying thats how the group operates
we can build an excellant case to argue that point

you were obviously brainwashed into thinking they are great because the truth is they are not great
they are a cult and they force things onto you
if u resist until death; well; they will let you go at that point
most people wont fight till the death for their freedom; so scientology wins a new pawn....ugh

its just like AOL
i had free service with them for a month
and i called them and said "I WANT IT TURNED OFF NOW!"
and they kept saying "no theres no reason to turn it off we are giving you 3 more months free!!!"
and im like "NOOOOOOOOOOO TURN IT OFFF!!!"
notice im screaming at the top of my lungs
"Sir , we have already giving your account a full free 6months; we CANT take you off!!"
"IF U DONT TAKE ME OFF ILL CALL THE BBB!" *better buisness ...*
"Sir , im sorry but thats impossible we have already entered into the computer your free months and we cannot take it back"

So basically i told them take me off or else and hung up
i havent got all day to play this stupid game u know its very upsetting

and get this .... after about 50days
AOL Calls me up !
"Sir you owe us 60$ "
guess what i said???

" )(@&*)@(&%(*YTY%*&GUHRE(*Y "

exactly
and i have learned thru my first hand expierances that Scientology is exactly the same; if not worse
just read their book
its enough proof
if not, check their website

dude in sea org; you were one of the members of the cult; your opinion is Bias!
we need independant researchers to decide this
you were a cult member; and the cults teachings are within you still
only independant research can reveal the truth to us

its like we would take a christians word for what christianity is all about
ya rite
theres 50000 different christians preaching Totally different idealogys
yet they are all in one religion
so where can u get the BEST idea of what christianity is about , since we cannot get this idea from is Bias members??

The Bible exactly; thats where u will form ur independant opinion on Christianity
So we should form our Independant Opinion on Scientology by reading Dianetics *the "bible" of scientology*

and since i read it i will say agian my independant investigation revealed they are a bit too extreme and believe in too many fantasys and only allow rich people to be invisable Levitate control Matter with their Mind
oh lord its like a fairy tale with a navy with One ship!

NONE OF IT MAKES SENSE!

sorry for the long rant guys but i bought my right to post this rant
10$ for that book dianetics heck i might have even paid 12$
it wasnt a waste tho i got to learn how bizzare some people take their fairy tales to the wildest extremes.....

please dont take my comments as insults; they are not
they are Warnings, and Information to let people know to watch out because cults are Dangerous!
Examples :: Heavens gate, branch dividians; a trillion more ....
i just hate seeing people get hurt
and i see scientology Hurting people often *a crazy behavior*
its very sad and frightening

anyways whatever...

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
your right the masons look nice compared to this cult

And you look like a rambling troll

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
but be truthful here Muzzleflash, how do you feel about scientology?

Wupy

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   

You have voted muzzleflash for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

I enjoy a good rant.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I had to laugh because of the abundance of spelling errors.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 03:27 AM
link   
its nice to see the only arguement agianst my rant was that i cant spell

thats fine because it is an internet forum and heck i feel using periods is a waste of time too

anways is there a way to spellcheck on ATS? lol

i made my points; and sebatwerk if all u can do is post a one-liner insulting me than ill post a one-liner back to you

"Dont u scream all day protecting ur beliefs in the same manner i did?"

and i like adding second lines so heres the other one

"Why do you get to rant all day and when i rant you call me a troll?"

Seriously
Your being unfair by getting to diss on people and then when i make a good point using an enclyclopedia as referance to help back up my position
you come diss me without even giving an explanation or anything

Dude i respect u more than that I know ur not gonna be like that
I know ur smarter than that

I at least tried to make clear in my rant that i dont blame the victoms of scientology ; and i dont think they are stupid
i just think they were unfairly brainwashed *like most all institutions do*
id say the same rant for most institutions

but all u can do is come call me a name?
i know u can do better than that
and i wont hold it agianst you either because i know ur potential to make good points exists
so ill give u that leway

and No i wont call you anything back
because i dont play games like that
but ill make a good reply to it to let you know i still respect you despite the fact u "had a bad day " or whatever and just wanted to basically slander me

dude u can do better than that

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 03:41 AM
link   
You used Wikipedia, which is possibly the lamest source on the internet because any fool can edit the article with misinformation.

I feel no pity for you. You provoked Sebatwerk by implying that Masonry was a cult, so you just dug your own grave.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 06:18 AM
link   
i didnt imply they were a cult your just prejudice and assume that because i agreed with that one guys statement

i was actually agreeing with "The storys about scientology are worse than the storys about masonry"

if im correct masonry isnt really even a religion anyways?
i didnt dig anyones grave no ones dying

i dont even have an opinion on masonry other than it looks like the Lions club my dad was in

is lions club a cult?
?? I dont think so but i dunno dude??

theres a differance between a social club 'masons lions elks ymca etc'
and a cult; which is religious in nature

some clubs may be cult-like , but by no means do they fit the full definition
if they do; they are more of a religion than a regular club

and i dont know what ur talking about wikipedia being so fake and full of BS
i havent seen anything wacked out on there yet

maybe u can link me to some of the BS people post on there and if your claims are true that they let people post outright lies on there without editing it or moderating it; than i will accept your evidence and ill never use wikipedia agian

and plus its agianst the TERMS AND CONDITIONS
to post "One-Liners"
and to DIrectly call someone a name!

why do i get in trouble for it?
and yet yall dont?

could a moderator please tell me what the rules are agian?

are people allowed to post one - line slander??

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
I don't see anyone railing against the wealth of the Catholic Church

The Anti-Catholics mostly hang out in Below Top Secret in the
Religion Forum there. That's good because it keeps those bigots
out of our hair here in ATS.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I believe that the ideas behind Scientology are pretty silly, and if you read the biography of L. Ron Hubbard (available here: www.clambake.org...), I cannot see why anyone would follow this man's teachings.

HOWEVER...

People have a right to believe what they want; it's not up to me or anyone else to decide someone else's religious beliefs. As long as the Church of Scientology has stopped the illegal practices that it was once engaged in, who cares what someone else believes? If Scientology works for them and makes their lives better, good for them.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Wait, wait? Illegal practices?

What in the heck did they do?

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic12
Wait, wait? Illegal practices?

What in the heck did they do?

For example:

Hubbard's wife went to jail in the 80's for ordering break-ins and infiltration of government offices.

It has also been rumored (but AFAIK not proven) that the Church has harrassed people that have left and criticized it.

There is more, but hopefully that stuff is in the past. I suggest you read "Bare Faced Messiah" in that link that I posted above; it's an objective journalists biography of Hubbard and it is very well researched. At the least, it is a very interesting book!

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Interesting. I thought this organization was all about peace and the like

That read will definately get my attention, could use a good crime story.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The entire text of this book is online at www.nots.org... if anyone wants to read it.

I've read parts of it and it's an interesting book. The writing style is a bit grand on the side of negativity and sensationalism, but it probably sold more copies because of it.

In no way is this an unbiased bio of L. Ron Hubbard.

Scientology also puts up a web-site with his bio at www.lronhubbard.org...

That one is also bias because it only focuses on the positive aspects of his life.

So if your going to read one, read the other as well and find the middle ground.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
They really wear uniforms like the navy, I live near Clearwater where their headquaters is located on Ft. Harrison street. And when you drive by all you see is navy like uniforms.

I used to work with a guy at the sheriffs office and he was a Clearwater police officer, he worked in the Intelligence Unit and he did some investigations into the scinetology orgainiztion when a girl died from lack of medical care. well to make a long story short the Scinetolgiest found out who was investigating them and had on staff ex-FBI agents who statred to investigate this cop i knew, they even did trash pulls at his home residence, an unlisted home residence. From what i also understand they have armed security.

On top of tom cruise coming to Clearwater, John Travolta had a house in a Air Port neighborhood called Hidden River in New Port Richey, Florida. So he could fly in and go do his cult thing. When i was a deputy i responded to an alarm at Travolta's house, he wasn't there but it was a monster house, very big with a hanger right next to the house.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
All good information on this group. I really do feel that they are a true secret society.

Please keep the debate civil people...and hold the rants to a dull roar.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic12
Everything could have easily been staged/or doctored US navy images.

It could've, but its not. The Sea Organization is one of the more controversial portions of scientology. Its very much real tho. Its for high level members, who've moved up the ladder of being 'cleared' of 'thetans and engrams' and the like.

mainly because they get swords

You would need to spend fantastic sums of money to get to that level tho, auditing isn't free and the 'technology' is controlled by the organization itsel.f

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nine Inch Nails
this entire topic is soooo fukin retarded, i cant believe it hasnt been binned already.
-j

Well, you certainly are a contributor of great thought and understanding. God, how do you manage with such high intelligence?

Sea Org is scary, but makes alot of sense when you look at the facts given. Hubbard himself had a very lackluster career in the Navy. He probably thought he should have been instantly commissioned an admiral, and was dissapointed when no one in hell was going to give him that honor.

So he turns around and creates his own navy and becomes commodore. I mean the shiny grey uniforms are a bit strange, but who are we to argue with fashion from 75 million years ago?

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nine Inch Nails
this entire topic is soooo fukin retarded, i cant believe it hasnt been binned already.
-j

Well THAT certainly contributed to the discussion.

I'm still thinking about these introductory courses, if I still want to go through with it. I really don't feel like seeing thousands of dollars go down the drain for high level classes.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   
come on...seriously why in the world would they have a secret navy or army and where the hell would they hide to remain secret? the ocean is big but not THAT big, dont you think some boat in the last 20 or 30 years would have spotted them by now and taken a video tape? i mean we're not talking about the lockness monster here, it's really hard to hide a SHIP!!! next you'll be telling me they have stelth capeabilities.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join