It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 4 most powerful military's

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I know this is a bit late but where are the russian engineers now? America. I would imagine that after the full of the soviet union they packed their bays and headed for american compaines.

What advantage does russia acutally hold in technology?

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
I know this is a bit late but where are the russian engineers now? America. I would imagine that after the full of the soviet union they packed their bays and headed for american compaines.

What advantage does russia acutally hold in technology?

They are the second most technologically advanced nation in the world (as far as militaries go), behind the US. Yes, that includes the UK and China.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   
well if you really want to compare the number of soilders, you should look at the number of males in draft age. you be suprised. there are millions!

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
well if you really want to compare the number of soilders, you should look at the number of males in draft age. you be suprised. there are millions!

I bet, Imagine a third world war were like 80 percent of nations armies are made up of draftees,crazyness....

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
They are the second most technologically advanced nation in the world

Really?. Im wondering since the fall of the soviet union what developments or breakthroughs have they made. When someone says russian technology people assume its advanced because of the quick sucession of soviet developments in the cold war. Where are the former soviet engineers? Where is their RnD funding?

What developments have the russians made that wasn't a by-product of a soviet era project?.

And before anyone gets all nationalistic im not comparing to china nor am i preaching chinese superioty if thats what you were going to answer with

[edit on 16-1-2006 by chinawhite]

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
sorry for bringing an old post up but couldn't resist!!

to the 'bitter' german dude who says the UK has a poor military record
i would bet that britain thoughout its history have a better military record than any other country!!

if we have a poor military record, then why was the british empire the largest empire in existence? - (70 years ago we owned 25% of the world).

to the other person who mentions the 'revolutionary war' - wasn't france a key player in that war with its new secret weapon 'the submarine'.

also involved were the spanish & holland (also fighting the british at the time aswell).
---

lets not forget history people - mel gibson never grabbed the american flag and american farmers chased the british all the way to the coast JUST BEFORE the french got there (as hollywood film directors would like us to believe)

EDIT:- i have a question, ive noticed with a lot of things many americans don't seem to like the french (neither do us brits but you know
)!!

but can someone explain to me why? - afterall they helped you in the revolutionary war, gave you the famous 'statue of liberty'.

am i right in saying it has something to do with the build-up to vietnam?

[edit on 9-4-2006 by st3ve_o]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
sorry for bringing up old thread again, but to answer some questions:

We dont like the french because there so damn ungratefull....weve saved there asses twice, atleast! We gave them billions of dollors to rebuild, after we saved them , twice. Sure we rub it in sometimes, but they dont like that they owe us there lives because weve not only saved them, weve rebuit them to. Also, there military is worthless, it might be big, IF, but its pathetic. If i could choose between a 1000 frenchie troops or 1 brit troop to help me, i would choose the 1 brit troop..

Germany has very Advanced Subs, but, there only real strength is there stealth.

also, i think there could be several lists on what country is the most powerfull:

Most Powerfull Tech

America
UK
Isreal (America gives them all there tech, so duh)
France (though i wouldnt place much on them...)
Russia

Largest ARMY (Not navy, marines, SF, or Air Force)

China (getting smaller much smaller btw)
US (getting bigger, especially the Navy and Marines)
India
Russia (getting slightly smaller, but not by much)

those are the only 4 im doing, to many countries to keep going

Best Navy (includes range, defense, offense, tech, and numbers)

US
UK
Isreal
Canada

Best Marines (includes training, equip, tech, quality, and numbers)

US
UK
Isreal
Australia ( i think it was them, might be wrong, i was reading a article about it somewere)

Best Air Force (Includes Tech and training)
US
UK
Isreal
France

[edit on 14-8-2007 by GENERAL91]

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   
What do you make thinking bad about Germany?-.-

Well i'm german and i can say, that the german gouvernment would never attack another country for revenge... My generation, the generation of my parents and the generation of my grandparents had nothing to do with World War II. My grandparents were still too young to decide about major politics...
Even the german people who could have decided, didn't know anything about jewths being killed. Jewths and germans were one population since the early 15ths century! We were melted together and killing Jewths meant to kill Germans! The Jewths felt more german than most of the germans did and they had the right to feel as germans, because they had influenced the german history on a good way and fighted together with "real" germans at the front of WW1. The friend of the father of my grandmother had many jewths as friends and they wondered why they vanished from time to time.
There are definetly no acts of revenge and you have to accept that germany is an economical and military power! we do have more influence in european politics than every other country and the goverments of usa and europe trusts in our democratic decisions and accepted us as one of the greatest powers. Our ancestors paid for their betrayal to european and especially german fellowers. Germany pulls together with usa, uk, france and russia the strings of western politics.
if you don't believe me, than look at this: www.globalfirepower.com...

What car do you want to drive if you are rich? it's proofed that german cars are the most luxurious cars of the world. And what you think about technogical inventions? Most of them are from Germany!
If you don't believe me, then google or look at wikipedia. Germany don't have any ruins of WWII anymore. We builded up a nation of freedom and high-technogical sciences!

best greetings!
Tachi

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Top 4 most powerful militaries

ALL OF THE FOLLOWING MILITRIES ARE CONSIDERED EQUAL IN POWER
they are listed in alphabetical order

China; largest army and airforce in the world (28 million men)
military is revolutionizing at a faster rate than any other nation
(techonologically)
Great Britian; most advanced special forces.
most advanced tanks
most advanced ICBM's
Russia; most nueclear, biological and chemical weapons arsenal
most extensive spy network in the world
largest military arms, armor and airplane producer and exporter in
the world
United States; most technologically advanced military in the world
best trained foot soliders
best educated military leaders
best training
stable civilian political government

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Uk_United

yeahhhhh!

up Britain, with its strong set of rowing boats and a jetski. Awesome naval power still alive and well

oh!

bugger!!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
actually the us airforce has over 5778 active aircraft in their fleet.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   

UK_United, the UK is not too high in the ranking, it has the ability not just to hold a war, but to hold one for over a year with the amount of equipment, really good tanks, trident missiles, eurofighters, aircraft carriers etc, i could go on for ever, the UK basically has the worlds second most powerful and advanced armed forces, countries like Israel are simply no threat to countries like UK and USA, plus the intelligence that the UK has is the best in the world, countries like the USA and Germany etc rely alot on the UK for information, countries like North and South Korea, and China and Israel can have great Armies, but it is the entire package that makes the difference, Army, Air Force and Navy, very few countries combine these quit like the UK and USA, people may say France is very powerful and it is, but things like war ships and the dassault Rafale fighter are simply not as good as the Typhoon or F-22, and the up and coming F-35, as for war ships the Royal navy has the type 42 destroyers and type 23 frigates which are some of the most advanced in the world, as so for the subs aswell.

Another thing i would like to add is this info is off a friend who works for MoD, alot of these websites with lists of lets say top ten armed forces are mostly people who don't know what's going on, they also tend to be judged on the wrong things, for example number of troops which is irelevent compared to the technology.

Cheers,

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I have found that Russia has more troops than the United States.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by tomcat ha

Sir, it is not the PKK attacks. It is all about the experience over thousand years of Turkish history. Turks are the only humanbeing on the earth that join to armed forces to do their military service for certain number of months (15) with big celebrations. And they are the only parents who wishes "Long Years of Life to Their Country" after a lost of son/soldier. They dont even get paid other than really basic coast of living to do their military service in Turkey. This must be something else, this must be the difference compered to the other countries. Numbers doesnt always mean power but experience plus numbers plus country people like Turks equals to very extreme power. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AtheiX

The UK would wipe the floor with France.

Britain is tooled up to the teeth and has the third (or fourth don't quite remember) highest defence budget in the world. France is higher, but ask the Americans who they would rather have on their side. We have some of the best equipment (despite cuts) and the uk certainly has the best trained military in the world by a long way.

It can project power anywhere in the world, say the Falklands, and Iraq and Afghanistan simultaneously.

My list is

us
russia
china
uk
france
germany

not sure about the rest.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
the united states military is indeed powerfull , but the US government have lacked resolve in almost all wars post WW2, i'd say that a country's resolve in war and how much they are willing to sacrifice to win it , determines how much respect other countries will show in future

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ulshadow

Russia's economic cirisis took place as an actual event in 1998 over ten years ago, a lot has happened since then

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Those top 10 by combat power are horse #. I am sorry but North Korea is no way that high on the list. There army may be big but it is # and old. I always use the analogy of the Romans, in that, the Romans had smaller armies but often defeated much larger foes because of their technology, intellect and training.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join