It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada's Ambassador Declares War on Fox News

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Even "offensive" music is aired differently in Canada.

One hilarious example I can think of is the song by Weezer - Hash Pipe.

In the United States, on MTV I believe it was called "Half Pipe"

HALF PIPE !!!!!

While in Canada on much music, its the normal hash pipe.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Bill O'Reilly really takes massive hits at Canada. He comments that Canadian youth are ignorant, and ungreatful about the stuff that the USA did for the world. He did a poll that 64% of the youth in Canada think that the USA is an "evil" country. He takes stabs at Michael Moore because of his evident role at promoting the Canadian way of life in the movie "Bowling for Columbine". Bill O'Reilly saw stuff in that movie that he didn't want to see, Americans saying that Canada was a better place to live than the USA. This apparently angered him and lead to much of his Canadian bashings. Here is an article from his website that sheds insight to his distaste for Canada.

By: Bill O'Reilly for BillOReilly.com
Thursday, Jul 15, 2004

A recent poll taken in Canada says that 40% of Canadian teenagers believe the United States is an "evil" country. Among French-Canadian teens, the number rises to 64%. This, of course, is hard to believe, and must be laid right on the doorstep of the often viciously anti-American Canadian press as well as irresponsible educators supposedly teaching Canadian kids about the world.
And all over the world, America is getting slaughtered in the arena of public opinion. Therefore, what can we expect from children? When government funded press agencies like the BBC and the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation portray America as the world's chief villain, there's little anyone can do to balance the picture. The Fox News Channel, for example, isn't even allowed in Canada.

So for the benefit of the Canadian kids, and, indeed, children all over the world, I am going to set the record straight right here in this column.

Let's start with an undeniable fact: The United States of America has set more people free than any other country in the history of mankind. We all know about World War II, but here's what's happened recently:

In Eastern Europe, the policies of Ronald Reagan led to the freeing of at least 122 million people from Soviet domination.

More than 48 million South Koreans remain free because of American protection.

Nearly 23 million Taiwanese remain free because of American protection.

The state of Israel and five and a half million Jews would be crushed by its enemies if not for American aid.

By removing the brutal regimes in Iraq and Afghanistan, America and Britain have given almost 50 million people at least a shot at some kind of self-determination. Also, the American-driven campaign against the butcher Milosovic in the Balkans saved the lives of hundreds of thousands of people, most of them Muslims.

America is sending $3 billion a year to Africa to combat the AIDS epidemic. By comparison Canada is sending $270 million, France a paltry $60 million.
And those countries have the nerve to portray America as a villain? How many human beings has France freed over the past 60 years? The same question can be asked of Canada. Yes, those nations have helped the USA on occasion, but they are drifting away from reality now.
It's not only Canadians and the French who are misguided about the USA; there's also a fifth column in America itself. The "anarchists" are hoping to disrupt the Republican convention in New York City. Police believe they will use violent means to do so.

And the verbal violence on display daily by partisan fanatics is growing more despicable by the moment. Michael Moore and his acolytes hide behind the "dissent" label, but they are not dissenters, they're destroyers. Moore has been quoted as saying capitalism is "diabolical," even as he trucks his millions to the bank. By the way, did you know that associates of Hezbollah want to help distribute Moore's movie in the Middle East? What does that tell you?

The truth is that America is a great country striving to protect itself in an ungrateful and dangerous world. We, the people, have sacrificed blood and money so others could have a chance in life. Yet many teenagers in Canada are convinced we are an evil nation. The powers-that-be in Canada should be ashamed that their young people are so ignorant but I know they are not. Ignorance, you see, is most often a contagious disease.

Get what I mean? He really has a problem with Canadians. He called our youth ignorant, then tries to brush it off. What does this article do to with anything relevant to the American media? Nothing at all. Is it nessisary for Americans to know that the youth in Canada think that they are "bad"? Nope, he just wanted to spread some stuff around the states to make them think that we are not as great as they thought before.

He lists all the events that the US saved the most people in history but does not indicate that Canada and the UK had any involvment in them.

America is sending $3 billion a year to Africa to combat the AIDS epidemic. By comparison Canada is sending $270 million, France a paltry $60 million.
And those countries have the nerve to portray America as a villain? How many human beings has France freed over the past 60 years? The same question can be asked of Canada.

How dare he say such things! We are the bad guys because we send the tenth of the budget that they do to combat AIDS in Africa? Last time I checked Canada's population is a 6th of the states, our money's worth is lower. Where are we going to come up with the money? ALSO THERE IS A RANDOM MENTION OF FRANCE! What do they have to do with this, they appear no where else in the article! He just needed them to compare Canada to, France has a bad image in the USA, and pinning Canada beside them makes us look bad too. He also metions about "how many human beings has France saved in the last 60 years" I would think not too many, they didn't start any wars with anyone in the last 60 years. This guy is disinfo and prejudice all over. He should be fired.

[edit on 7/5/2005 by GoldEagle]

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
He tries to get a reaction, bringing up topics that americans will get a laugh over.

He has little to no credibility in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I was thinking about Bill O'Reilly last night. How do you go from being on a tabloid show like Inside Edition to having a major show on a major news channel? That seems odd to me. Even stranger is how he keeps his show. The show is full of caught lies and deception. Anywhere else on tv this guy would be fired.
So what I was thinking is that maybe his purpose is to be a discredit to the news world. If people believe that the news is filled with lies then people wont believe the truths. Sounds like a good strategy for disinfo to me.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
I was thinking about Bill O'Reilly last night. How do you go from being on a tabloid show like Inside Edition to having a major show on a major news channel? That seems odd to me. Even stranger is how he keeps his show. The show is full of caught lies and deception. Anywhere else on tv this guy would be fired.
So what I was thinking is that maybe his purpose is to be a discredit to the news world. If people believe that the news is filled with lies then people wont believe the truths. Sounds like a good strategy for disinfo to me.

O'Reilly has 0 credibility, but he has something that networks like....a following and therefore, ratings. Bill O'Reilly spews nonsense and vicious lies and has a following....what does that say about his viewers? It ain't pretty anyway. Unfortunately, around the world, people see this and think all Americans think this way.

As I mentioned in another post, I think that O'Reilly, Coulter, Limbaugh, Marsden are so far beyond ridiculous that they can't be there to push the neocon agenda. Rather I think its to illustrate their stupidity, ignorance of the world and their viciousness and that it actually makes the liberals sound better.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
There definately is fear of media censorship in Canada, not in the entertainment aspect, but in the news. This Op/Ed has a lot of information citing specific examples:

Canada’s Media Monopoly
One perspective is enough, says CanWest

Note, this is not government sanctioned censorship, rather an accusation of monlopolistic control of opinions permitted to be exposed.

Just some examples:

Toronto Sun columnist Peter Worthington was critical of the Aspers and had his column pulled from the Windsor Star, a Southam paper, as a result. "I got a rather embarrassed call from the Windsor Star...saying they had been ordered to drop my column and not run [it] under any circumstances," Worthington told the Toronto Star (1/16/02).

Doug Cuthand, a First Nations columnist for the Regina Leader Post, wrote an essay in early January that was sympathetic to the plight of Palestinians in the West Bank, comparing them to Canada’s indigenous peoples. The Aspers, who are "well known for their unstinting support of Israel," according to the Toronto Star (1/12/02), had the column killed.

True or not, there are accusations from within Canada that censorship is being permitted to continue. It's an interesting read!

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlwaysLearning
As I mentioned in another post, I think that O'Reilly, Coulter, Limbaugh, Marsden are so far beyond ridiculous that they can't be there to push the neocon agenda.

And to think darling Rachel is one of ours. :shk:

And a stalker, to boot! And not a regular, everyday stalker. The kind that accuses men of stalking her and gets them fired because they don't want to go out with her. Good thing he saved his emails.....

Executive Summary: On May 23, 1997, Simon Fraser University (SFU) fired swim coach Liam Donnelly with cause, for "severe sexual harassment." SFU claimed his guilt had been proved by a three-person Investigative Panel which had found him guilty of numerous offenses including having sexually molested a student, Rachel Marsden, at least seven times during a sixteen-month romantic relationship. SFU also claimed that the Panel Report had been appropriately reviewed by President John Stubbs, who had confirmed the truth of the charges against Donnelly.

Donnelly maintained his innocence throughout, claiming that he had never even dated Marsden, that her story was a complete fabrication, that she had been the one harassing him, and that the Panel’s decision was based on demonstrably false testimony. Stubbs was adamant, claiming that Donnelly’s guilt had been proved and confirmed by the investigation and decision process, which had taken a year and a half since the charges were submitted. Further, Stubbs maintained that the process had met the high standards indicated in the leading quotation.

...snip...

Donnelly was notified of his firing with cause on May 23, 1997. Donnelly, who had long acted without legal representation, then obtained a new lawyer, Loryl Russell, who appealed his firing through a university-mandated arbitration process. On May 26, 1997, SFU publicly denounced Donnelly, attacking him at considerable length for his non-cooperation with the Panel and declaring that he was guilty of "severe harassment." Marsden went public the same day denouncing Donnelly as a date rapist, a charge later echoed by Stubbs.5

Four days after SFU and Marsden publicly denounced Donnelly, he and Russell answered back with their own press conference in which they raised numerous issues concerning the validity of the charges. They asserted that Donnelly had not even dated Marsden, and that she had been the one who harassed him. They disclosed that Marsden had sent Donnelly e-mails offering various sexual treats (both Clintonesque and non-Clintonesque), well after the time of the last claimed assault.6

Liam Donnelly’s Conviction by Prejudice: Lessons for Harassment Policy

I really like how they managed to work 'Clintonesque' into the report.
It just illustrates the fact that this is an extremely conservative institute, and they were most irritated with Rachel Marsden the *gasp* leftist feminist. She wasn't always a conservative. Come on, she worked for Connie Chung. She's a total media whore who will say anything for the right amount of money.

At least on her second stalking charge, she went after a married man who had indeed had a relationship with her.

This week, Marsden was arrested on a charge of criminal harassment by Vancouver Police after a 52-year-old Vancouver man complained of being harassed by phone and e-mail.

Police say the man and Marsden had an intimate on-again, off-again relationship over the past 12 months.

A Vancouver police spokesperson alleged that Marsden began making threatening phone calls and e-mails to the man between Oct. 7 and Nov. 12 of this year.

Donnelly said he has been inundated with media inquiries, asking him if the case reminds him of his episode with Marsden.

"Obviously, there are some similarities to what I went through in 1997 but there are some differences," he said.

...snip...

Crown counsel has requested an evaluation of her mental state.
Marsden faces harassment charge

JJ,

We do have about 4 or 5 groups that own a lot of the major media here. But the concern that we have about our media and the concerns we have about yours are slightly different.

We worry about the owners influencing the tone of the coverage and dropping editorials that they don't agree with. We worry about the slant we are getting from the Asper family (Izzy has passed on). One major complaint that is often leveled against them is that they are very biased in favour of Isreal.

But there are a few different groups up here, so if one doesn't report something, chances are the other does. And when Asper 'censors' something, he basically gives every other outlet in Canada their lead story for the next few days, so it doesn't quite have the effect he's looking for.

For you, we worry that the government is pressuring the media, and that you guys are just plain not hearing stuff. The US news is like nothing I have ever seen before. The channels I get only seem to be interested in very local public interest stories and the war in Iraq. And you have a lot of traffic reports.

[edit on 5-7-2005 by Duzey]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Let's start with an undeniable fact: The United States of America has set more people free than any other country in the history of mankind....

Yeah, starting with millions of slaves owned by American citizens...

O'Reilly is nothing more than a loudmouth far-right stooge with a tv show. He's all about being a shock jock, and that's where he gets his ratings. He has minimal debating skills (bare minimal) and is of low to average intelligence; that his website lists him as a "journalist" is an insult to every journalist inside and outside of the USA. Why he has a TV show says volumes about the type of audience for which Fox fills a niche. (He's big in the trailer park market.)

I recall him ranting and raving about "those Canadians and their mad cow disease" but have yet to hear a word from that stump regarding the recent 2 cases of mad cow in the USA. This is the sort of "journalist" Bill O'Reilly is, he's about ratings and shock value and nothing at all to do with journalism.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Just some examples:

Toronto Sun columnist Peter Worthington was critical of the Aspers and had his column pulled from the Windsor Star, a Southam paper, as a result. "I got a rather embarrassed call from the Windsor Star...saying they had been ordered to drop my column and not run [it] under any circumstances," Worthington told the Toronto Star (1/16/02).

Doug Cuthand, a First Nations columnist for the Regina Leader Post, wrote an essay in early January that was sympathetic to the plight of Palestinians in the West Bank, comparing them to Canada’s indigenous peoples. The Aspers, who are "well known for their unstinting support of Israel," according to the Toronto Star (1/12/02), had the column killed.

True or not, there are accusations from within Canada that censorship is being permitted to continue. It's an interesting read!

It is true, but it's not government censorship. It's one media mogul using his influence to direct what sorts of stories do and don't run within his media chain -- what this results in is a dozen other media outlets run with that story featured front and center. (One-upmanship is big in Canadian media.) It's wrong (censorship by management), but it does happen, and that is why there are laws against media monopolies in Canada.

I've always watched NBC/CBS/ABC/CNN news and then changed the channel to CBC or CTV news to see the real story and see what "slant" the US media has put on a story. I also watch the BBC and read other media sources if I am not sure a story being told is a true story.

I remember back in 2001 right after 9.11 when certain news channels in the US featured american politicians and media loudmouths (O'Reilly, Buchannon, etc) stating that "... three of these terrorists came in from Canada! Canada needs to have their borders tightened!!" -- When the story was looked at by the CBC it was revealed that yes indeed, 3 of them DID enter the US from Canada. However, all 3 of those men originally came to Canada after living in the USA for 3-6 months and weren't immigrating to the US from Canada but were actually returning to the US after visiting Canada with US visas. Go figure.

I trust what I see on CTV news and CBC news far more than I trust what I see on the US network news channels. I also know that if I want to see more world news I watch CBC Newsworld, BBCnews, or CTV Newsnet and not CNN -- CNN is all about human interest stories and Michael Jackson trials and not about world news anymore. CNN also invariably takes the slant that is in the best interest of the American government when reporting stories.

I also notice that when people swear or gesture in an interview or when caught on video it is aired as-is on Canadian news. In the US it's all bleep bleep bleep and leave it up to the viewer to fill in the blanks. Heck, when the Osbournes aired on CTV at 9PM in Canada it ran without a single bleep, if you watched it on MTV in the US you'll know that 1/3 of that show was a solid bleep.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
One thing I have noticed about american media is that they rarely, if ever, cover stories from Canada. If they do, its a silly thing like a stupid action of a person, or putting a negative image on a Canadian industry.

Again the Canadian BSE example. The united states media did cover the story.

How much do you seem them talking about united states cases of bse in american media?

Does the american media even mention ANYTHING else that happens in Canada?

Did they cover the gomery inquiry? I saw barely anything.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Gotta love Bill O'Reilly. A true journalist !

www.billoreilly.com...

Selling boycott france bumper stickers.

And people think he is credible?

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Examples of his anti-Canada ranting CRAP.

I use the term crap as nicely as I can.

Even countries like Canada are no longer dependable allies. According to a Macleans poll, 38% of Canadians say their attitude toward the USA has worsened since 9/11. Almost half of our friends to the north see America as arrogant, bullying or dangerous.

To be sure, the Bush administration's non-compromising stance in Iraq and insistence that terror-enabling states be confronted (Axis of Evil) have put off many foreigners who embrace a far more passive approach toward terrorism. But the Canadian situation exemplifies what is truly going on in this world.

Over the past two decades, Canada has become committed to secularism and government entitlements. Subsidized medical care, decriminalization of marijuana, gay marriage, extensive welfare for newly arrived immigrants and an aggressively liberal Canadian Broadcasting Company have all become part of the culture. The eastern Canadian press is especially anti-American, and delights in hammering their more traditional American neighbors.

On my television program, I have advised the Canadian government that if the deserters are not returned post-haste, I will no longer buy Canadian products or visit the country. I believe many Americans will take the same stance.

A true friend does not hurt you even if he or she disagrees with something you do. Canada may reject the Iraq strategy and we respect its dissent. But actively undermining the U.S. military is quite something else. Ottawa best remember that cold fronts can originate from the south as well.

www.billoreilly.com...

What a load of CRAP !

I dont even know where to begin with this statement, but ill add one bit.

A true friend does not hurt you even if he or she disagrees with something you do.

Is he aware of how unfair "free trade" between Canada and the United states is? Is he aware of the softwood lumber issue? Border closures to Canadian cattle because of american court action?

Is that a friendly action? No.

Does it hurt us?

Yes, billions of dollars worth. 5 billion alone for the cattle industry.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
No spin factor?

The fall of religion in Canada has corresponded to a change in public policy. Unlike Americans, Canadians have legalized gay marriage and any kind of abortion.

www.billoreilly.com...

This was from Dec 09, 2004.

NO gay marriage was not completely legalized in Canada then ! Why does he not state the whole truth?

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
What the hell is this !

A recent poll taken in Canada says that 40% of Canadian teenagers believe the United States is an "evil" country. Among French-Canadian teens, the number rises to 64%. This, of course, is hard to believe, and must be laid right on the doorstep of the often viciously anti-American Canadian press as well as irresponsible educators supposedly teaching Canadian kids about the world.

And all over the world, America is getting slaughtered in the arena of public opinion. Therefore, what can we expect from children? When government funded press agencies like the BBC and the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation portray America as the world's chief villain, there's little anyone can do to balance the picture. The Fox News Channel, for example, isn't even allowed in Canada.

Yes Bill, we do get the fox news channel !

This whole page is so full of CRAP that it just makes me sick.

www.billoreilly.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Even more anti-Canada CRAP.

Canada has gradually turned into a secular paradise with socialized medicine, an increasing acceptance of drug use and trafficking, and a bitterly anti-American press. Mexico remains poor and corrupt, and then blames its neighbor to the north for the chaos. That's hilarious when you consider that the U.S. government allows millions of Mexican citizens to live and work here, many of them illegally. In fact, money sent home by Mexican workers accounts for that country's second largest industry after oil.

www.billoreilly.com...

He is like a broken record. Everytime he seems to mention "secular paradise"

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Bill just makes up whatever sounds good at the time. Fox News was granted a licence in Canada, they just didn't use it. But I'm sure he'll find a way to blame Canada for that.

The CCTA was of the view that Fox News would serve to complement the news currently aired by Canadian broadcasters. Further, the CCTA submitted that the Commission has already recognized that non-Canadian news and information satellite services are not competitive with licensed Canadian services that operate with similar formats. In this regard, the CCTA noted that the Commission has added such non-Canadian news services as CNN, CNN Headline News, C-Span, Euronews and BBC World to the lists of eligible satellite services despite the existence of Canadian services such as CBC Newsworld and CTV Newsnet.

In Fox News Canada, Decision CRTC 2000-565, 14 December 2000, the Commission approved an application by Global Television Network (OBCI) (Global) for a new Canadian Category 2 specialty programming service to be known as Fox News Canada. In Deadline to commence operation of Category 2 specialty and pay television services, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2003-599, 16 December 2003, the Commission approved a request by Global for a one year final extension until 24 November 2004 to the implementation date for Fox News Canada.

The CCTA attached to its request a letter dated 31 March 2004 from Fox News, the non-Canadian partner in Fox News Canada. In that letter, Fox News addressed the Fox News Canada service as follows: "Fox News does not intend to implement this service and therefore will not meet the extended deadline to commence operations." The Commission notes that the CCTA did not provide any information from Global concerning Global’s plans for Fox News Canada.

Broadcasting Public Notice CRTC 2004-45

:shk:

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Honestly i see this argument thrown around a lot by people from america and i just dont get it. Theres nothing that even remotely backs it up except for the fact that we dont have a constitution that garuntees us that right. But for some reason, we dont need it written down on some paper in a museum to know that right to a free press is a basic right in any country.

Both right and wrong it's not in the constitution it's in the Bill of Rights.

laws.justice.gc.ca...

1. It is hereby recognized and declared that in Canada there have existed and shall continue to exist without discrimination by reason of race, national origin, colour, religion or sex, the following human rights and fundamental freedoms, namely,

(a) the right of the individual to life, liberty, security of the person and enjoyment of property, and the right not to be deprived thereof except by due process of law;

(b) the right of the individual to equality before the law and the protection of the law;

(c) freedom of religion;

(d) freedom of speech;

(e) freedom of assembly and association; and

(f) freedom of the press.

How many of these Rights are still available to our cousins south of the boarder. (a) is toast in the States what with the Emminent Domain SCOTUS ruling recently. (b) not sure if this is completely true in ANY country nowadays it seems like the more money you have the less chance you have of getting convicted (c) Islamics are routinely demonized on subtle ways on American TV (d) Protest Zones nuff said (e) See (d) - (f) not so anymore in America where Reporters are no longer trustworthy sources for whistleblowers and informants to turn to and have their anonimity guanteed regardless.

[edit on 8-7-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Here is an article from the CBC website.
Fox News

CRTC approves Fox News for Canada
Last Updated Thu, 18 Nov 2004 21:52:02 EST
CBC News
OTTAWA - The conservative-leaning Fox News Channel will soon be coming to Canadian digital television channels.

The Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) approved an application Thursday to bring the Fox News Channel, one of the highest-rated news channels in the United States, onto Canadian digital airwaves.

The Canadian Cable Telecommunications Association (CCTA) applied to the broadcast regulator in April.

Canadians already have access to the main Fox network, but not the right-leaning, 24-hour news channel, with its trademarked slogan of "fair and balanced."

The Canadian Association of Broadcasters (CAB) opposed the application, saying it would discourage foreign broadcasters from partnering with Canadian broadcasters.

However, in its decision, the CRTC said Fox News offers little Canadian coverage and is not "partially or totally competitive with any Canadian pay or specialty service." It added that the channel would "significantly boost digital penetration in Canada" and increase the availability of digital services in the country.

The CRTC also approved the NFL Network, a 24-hour "lifestyle and entertainment" channel for football fans. It doesn't carry live games, with the exception of a few exhibition games.

Past application rejected

The CRTC rejected a CCTA application to bring Fox to Canada last November because Fox News U.S. and Winnipeg-based Global Television were planning to create Fox News Canada, a combination of U.S. and Canadian news.

However, in March, a Fox U.S. executive said there were no plans to create the combined channel.

The CRTC was thrust into the spotlight in July after giving conditional approval to the digital broadcast of Arab television station al-Jazeera.

FROM JULY 15, 2004: Al-Jazeera cleared for Canadian viewers

The commission said Canadian carriers had to keep an "audio-visual recording" of the controversial network's broadcasts. It told Canadian distributors to monitor the broadcast 24 hours a day, giving them permission to "alter or curtail" programming to keep out abusive commentary, especially of an anti-Semitic nature.

No Canadian distributors carry al-Jazeera.

Fox was launched in 1996 by a former Republican advisor, Roger Ailes. It's a subsidiary of News Corp. Ltd., which is controlled by right-wing Australian media tycoon Rupert Murdoch.

The CBC really dosn't like Fox News if you read, they had many problems with them and they aren't really happy about them coming up here on cable.

This says it all; "Canadians already have access to the main Fox network, but not the right-leaning, 24-hour news channel, with its trademarked slogan of 'fair and balanced.'" -- CBC News

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
What Bill O'Reilly is doing is fanning the flames to get more ratings. Just like Ann Coulter (for whom the only good part of Canada is the West) and Tucker Carlson (who says Canada has the economy of Honduras, except it's less interesting). By making the most outrageous statements, they not only keep their audience - who wants a show - happy, but are guaranteeing that more Canadians get angry. If more Canadians get angry, O'Reilly and co. can say "See? I told you they're anti-American!!!" and yet fan the flames even more. It's a vicious circle... all for ratings.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
The funny thing is that O'Reilly says the same things about the CBC in Canada.

War !

The CBC is the biggest mind control media group there is...
don't get me started on them...
they are sooooo obvious (to me anyway) with their interjectory of bias and anti americanism...

canada can have that muslim news station but not fox? they can have cnn (cuz it's liberal) but not fox?

i am canadian i lived in canada i know how one sided the media is, namely the cbc... at least here in the states you get a good mix of both sides...

I dont have to agree with everything fox or cnn says, but at least they give me a choice.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join