It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada's Ambassador Declares War on Fox News

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Dunno?, but who watches Fox anyway - well except their Movies?

Dallas

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by tbare
The CBC is the biggest mind control media group there is...
don't get me started on them...
they are sooooo obvious (to me anyway) with their interjectory of bias and anti americanism...

canada can have that muslim news station but not fox? they can have cnn (cuz it's liberal) but not fox?

I never understood the name calling in America. Liberal this Conservative that. I know the dictionary meanings and neither seem to be a bad thing. But each uses it's other as a dirty word.

Muslim channel. I can't say I know much about that channel. What I do know is that there are about 600,000 Muslims in Canada. I'm not sure why you bring up this Muslim channel. Are Christian channels being turned down? I don't have cable, are there Christian channels in Canada? How about a Jewish channel is there one of those? There are more Muslims in Canada than Jewish.
Or did you bring up the Muslim channel because you believe they are against conservatism? In Alberta ,so called conservative country, there are 50,000 Muslims. Second only to Ontario. And Ontario is about 4 times the size of Alberta. Also Look at the Federal Conservative party, two of their MPs are Muslim. Muslims are against gay marriage, a so called major 'conservative' value.

Why did you say we can't have Fox anyway? GoldEagle posted earlier,

CRTC approves Fox News for Canada
I wont repeat his post. If you like you may go and read it. It is 2 posts before yours.

Please tell me this... I don't understand what you mean by bias and anti-Americanism on the CBC. Would you please show me examples?

Lets stick to facts. Lets not bring the same divide that America has up to Canada.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I'm talking about Al Jazeera television... I forgot what the name of it was... If you don't know what i'm talking about how can you tell me to stick to the facts when you don't even know what they are...

And apparantly your going ot defend the cbc thats fine... I have my opinion on it, i'm not here to change your mind, i'm here to opine, i've sat down time and time again with my father, and with my husband, one who is american one who is canadian, they even see it... we sit we watch, we call them on the bs, and they do it all too much.
that station is all about mind control and how to condition canadians on certain subjects in the not so obvious manner...

one thing i know is that station does not want you or i thinking for ourselves, they tell you how to think, and thats whats so discusting about it.

The canadian ambassador just told us canadians living in america that he was going to arm us with objections when it comes to canada, so we can tell americans what the 'truth' is...

If I could I would tell him to flock off, because thats exactly what I hate...
people telling me how to think and what to say to people who have qualms with liberal canada...

Here's a clip of proof:
McKenna told the Toronto Star that he wants to arm Canadians with facts that will enable them to debate Americans and to lobby when Washington makes decisions that can hurt Canadians.

But most importantly, he says, Canadians in the U.S. should counteract Fox News, alleging that the network often spreads disinformation and creates a false picture of his homeland.

What a hypocrite... The Canadian gov't doesn't want fox news because it goes against everything they believe, you can't have opposing views in the media, it would get people thinking and deciding for themselves...can't have fox, but they will allow al jazeera who is a leftist news station that paints a grim picture of America...

Something liberal Canadians just eat up.

[edit on 11-7-2005 by tbare]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by tbare
I'm talking about Al Jazeera television... I forgot what the name of it was... If you don't know what i'm talking about how can you tell me to stick to the facts when you don't even know what they are...

I can tell you to stick to the facts because you are not using any. You are only contributing to what Frank McKenna is at 'war' with.
Al Jazeera is not a Muslim station it a Arab station.
Your above statement avoids the facts by attacking me.
So again, Lets stick to facts. Lets not bring the same divide that America has up to Canada.

And apparantly your going ot defend the cbc thats fine... I have my opinion on it, i'm not here to change your mind, i'm here to opine, i've sat down time and time again with my father, and with my husband, one who is american one who is canadian, they even see it... we sit we watch, we call them on the bs, and they do it all too much.
that station is all about mind control and how to condition canadians on certain subjects in the not so obvious manner...

one thing i know is that station does not want you or i thinking for ourselves, they tell you how to think, and thats whats so discusting about it.

I'm not here to defend CBC.
Again you are avoiding the use of facts and avoiding the issue. You have your opinion and thats fine.
So I will have to repeat myself. Please tell me what you mean by bias and anti-Americanism on the CBC. Would you please show me examples?

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Not sure how you think i'm attacking you, so i'm just going to leave that alone. Second, it's not that i'm avoiding facts by showing you, maybe I just don't want to spend all day going through the cbc's website trying to pick out stories ect to back my case up.

If you want to see what i mean so bad, why don't you take the time to go to their website check some stories out, see if you can point out yourself what subtle commentaries they make about certain issues and anti americanism... I say all this because I really don't want to start a research project and spend my time trying to 'prove' i'm right to you.

That's not what my comments were for... They were my own personal observations, whether you agree with them or not, or dont know what i'm talking about, is your own thing.. If you want to know bad enough about the cbc, first I would suggest researching mind control and subjective wording, and how they do it, then I would tune into the cbc and jot down anything you hear repeatedly, like 'buzz words'ect..
if you want to learn about that I applaude you, if not, thats cool to, but
i'm done.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
If people are not going to support their arguments there is no need to post.

www.cbc.ca... go nuts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join