It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Live 8, The Greatest Show On Earth, Begins !

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Nonsense? Maybe you should try thinking altogether. Is it not a problem? Or should we just look the other way while they keep having children so they can die? There are alternatives for safe sex. Maybe we could teach them that instead of just sending money and food to mask the problem instead of fixing it. Unless of course they are fine with their chilren dying every 3 seconds because their religion makes it A-OK. Just plain stupid to use religion as the argument again.

Tell me slowpoke: Would you try to have children or take the chance by having unprotected sex in africa knowing that your child would die??

[edit on 3-7-2005 by I See You]

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Although I am all for removing debt from African nations, afterall the people are hardly in any position to pay it back, I doubt even if it were granted that it would make any difference to the average African person.

Having read a biography of Ken Siro-Wiwa, the nigerian activist by his son, Siro-Wiwa described his own country as a lootocracy (hehehe the artical also calls the USA a lootocracy as well)

I think that would be a fair description for most of Africa, apart from some standout nations Kenya, Zaire, maybe Sth Africa etc.

Zimbabwe is a good example of it. Things won't improve until people change their allegiences from their tribal groups to their national groups. In many ways Africa is a victim of its own cultural structures that will always drag back any attempt at development.

[edit on 3-7-2005 by Netchicken]

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Siro-Wiwa described his own country as a lootocracy (hehehe the artical also calls the USA oa lootocracy as well)

I think that would be a fair description for most of Africa...

I agree - and also would include most developed nations. ...The feudal system had peasants and serfs pay tribute directly to their rulers - now payments go through an intermediary or two.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Back to this question I've been asking: what did those Africans, in general, have done for you or for the Western world so far?

You cannot eliminate poverty by money alone. Even Bob Geldof acknowledged this. If we are to help Africans out by raising awareness of poverty itself in the West, we are ignoring the real issues of what brought about poverty in the first place. There are too much corruption, indifference and apathy among those African governments, some are so ingrained in the socio-economic level of every African country, it has bred general contempt, jealousy, envy, rage, greed and hatred among the populations between African countries and generally over resources. Some African countries with essential resources (oil, copper, uranium, diamond, soybeans, coffee, etc) are economically more successful than the other African countries lacking such resources. Somalia, Ethiopia, the Sudan, Chad, Uganda and Rwanda are in such bad conditions but offers little or unimportant resources to the world.

Islam is the fastest growing religion in Africa, next to Catholicism, with Protestant evangelicalism and Mormonism trailing behind Islam. Muslims are opposed to usury and the fact that debt relief for African countries is centering around interest-based financial arrangements made between the G8 nations and some African countries with essential resources. The rest is not important and its fate consigned to whatever demise each would face. People live and die by whatever fate awaiting them. In twenty years, Islam would overtake Catholicism as the no. 1 religion in Africa and you can bet that more African countries will goes Islamic in the next two decades, that is given.

dh

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
These so-called pop musicians demand more empowerment of the G8 lying thieves, fraudsters, manipulators, mass murderers, and genocidal maniacs.
Any further demonstrations need first to throw the curse of these pop stars out of the proceedings
They've taken the complete piss out of the main circumstance of exploitation and control, involving the deaths of countless people, millions

Someone dies every three seconds because of the G8 and their globalist corporate backers and political manipulators
Jeeezus, the Rockefellers of this world want to see the death of every last black African through disease, famine, hunger or warfare
That is the plan
Yet we are supposed to plead with these Satanic bastards of the G8 for justice
Screw 'em - screw 'em to the core

It was twenty years ago today?
And how in that time, McCartney, have things improved?
Not at all - the creation of a Big Brother society with manipulated death and destruction throughout the world
The rock scumbags and manipulators trying to hijack the agenda
Feel aggrieved G8 protestors, feel very aggrieved
The turning point of world fascism and ethnic annihilation is upon us with a vengeance

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Did everyone notice that MTV, and MUCH MUSIC the so called music channels reduced Pink Floyd to 3 min and cut to commercial. Which is what I'm hearing from the people in the UK.

CTV in Canada did a little better but seemed to have skipped Pink Floyd playing WISH YOU WERE HERE. CTV also aired it in uncut form.

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I live just outside of Philly and I just found out two days ago about
this so-called 'major world event'. Yeah, right. Another *yawn*.

Philly has the worst setlist I have ever seen. I feel sorry for you guys... You know something's wrong when Bon Jovi was the main band there.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join