It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Live 8, The Greatest Show On Earth, Begins !

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by Netchicken
Woldn't this be an ideal situation for a terrorist attack?

Thats what i was worried about, philly has about million and half at the live8 concert, i was worried that it could become a target.

What reason do they have??

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Dont know...

its a large group and its on TV, so some pyscho might do something wild. But i think security is very tight in philly.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Breathe, Breathe in the air....

Floyd is on now.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by cryptorsa1001
Breathe, Breathe in the air....

Floyd is on now.

Yeah,

everyone has been waiting for that single performance

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Oh my God, MTV/VH1 cut them off before they got together and started hugging and stuff. Lol. That was a rockin' damn performance.

Zip

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zipdot
Oh my God, MTV/VH1 cut them off before they got together and started hugging and stuff. Lol. That was a rockin' damn performance.

Zip

an bloodly brilliant performance

One of the best of the night

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I can't believe it! Those bastards cut to commercial right in the middle of Gilmour's solo!!!

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
On aolmusic.com, it showed the whole thing. At the end, Roger got them all together to kinda hug or whatever, and Dave seemed like he was against it. Roger walked off the stage quickly at the end, with what I think was a pissed off look on his face. ... I'm such a fanboy.

Zip

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Pink Floyd blew the friggin' socks of me, Velvet Revolver were brilliant too and the opener with U2...

Its been brilliant

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Pink Floyd were AWESOME.

The Who were great as well, those old guys still have it. Pete Townsend was amazing on the guitar

Stevie Wonder was great to watch as well.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Pink Floyd were amazing! I saw a good tribute band the other day at the local theatre, they're fairly well know I think, called 'Think Flloyd' their show was awesome! Closest I'll get to see Pink Floyd on stage I imagine!

The whole event was amazing, I'm not ashamed to admit that when they showed the film on poverty and then brought the girl out all grown up, she was so beautiful, and it made me cry...

I just hope this can all make a difference somehow!

Joss Stone (is that her name?) was amazing! what an incredib le voice and she's so young! Especially when she said she couldn;t hear the backing music because her earpiece failed, I've seen a performance runined by that before (think it was Madonna actually), but you would never have known! Incredible.. all of them just incredible..

Make sure you all sign the petition:

www.live8live.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Woldn't this be an ideal situation for a terrorist attack?

mases of people, broadcast live around the world.

Just watching it at present, well worth it. bbc.co.uk and more on the concerts

Which terrorists?

Did you have a particular group in mind?

Do you think the terrorists failed and missed this opportunity? Maybe security was just tight.

Or maybe we are so used to being told that the bad terrorist people are out to kill all innocent people, we assume they would strike even at a concert trying to MAKE POVERTY HISTORY

It never ceases to amaze me when people don't realise they've been conditioned.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The UK live8

has just finished, what a show, hopefully the most powerful 8 men on this planet will listen, stand up and make a difference

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
In case you didn't know, you can watch live feeds here:

music.channel.aol.com...

Bit late I know, but there you go!

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Oh what babble.
Pity to ruin a great concert with such ideological nonsence. I am sure that any terrorists you care to name don't give a crap about a western music concert aiming to end poverty. The music itself would be vindication enough to bomb it, they hate it.

Originally posted by Koka
Which terrorists?

Did you have a particular group in mind?

Do you think the terrorists failed and missed this opportunity? Maybe security was just tight.

Or maybe we are so used to being told that the bad terrorist people are out to kill all innocent people, we assume they would strike even at a concert trying to MAKE POVERTY HISTORY

It never ceases to amaze me when people don't realise they've been conditioned.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Just waiting on Neil in toronto to play next.

They are going to loop the shows on the live8 website.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I have to say it was something to see that quick camera shot of Paul McCartney, David Gilmore, and Pete Townsend standing there chatting at the end in London. That likely doesn't occur too often.

Pink Floyd was well worth the wait, especially with The Who as their warm up band.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
I have to say it was something to see that quick camera shot of Paul McCartney, David Gilmore, and Pete Townsend standing there chatting at the end in London. That likely doesn't occur too often.

Pink Floyd was well worth the wait, especially with The Who as their warm up band.

Damn, I missed The Who, who I really wanted to see, and I missed that shot you're talking about too. Damn it!

Zip

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Oops, post screwed up. Oh well, please excuse this double post.

I just realized, I have this PVRed... Where does that shot come in that you're speaking about? After Pink Floyd?

Zip

[edit on 7/2/2005 by Zipdot]

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Make poverty history? How? By ignoring the real issues of what brought about poverty in the first place?

What do those Africans have done for you, me or anybody in the terms of everything? I'm all for helping people out, to a point. I'm not a well-off person living high and I spend modestly. I work my a** off everyday at work and get paid for my efforts. I make every effort to avoid poverty. Why can't Africans do the same by working their a**es off to make a better, functional society for their people and avoid poverty instead of lounging around, doing little for others except for themselves and expecting more handouts?

You and I and anybody cannot eliminate poverty. Poverty is a question of choice, not an answer to keep the people poor and others rich. There are people around the world who CHOOSE poverty over materialism or the conveniences of life and there are some who are contended with being poor. We cannot impose ourselves by financial means to improve the lives of the Africans, they must make the efforts themselves and work their butts off for the betterments.

I'm more interesting in eliminating famine and plague than poverty. The least we can do is to donate foods, medicines and life-essential supplies to the poor and the hungry, not money.

We take care ourselves and our fellow citizens first before we would take care of others who are not our fellow citizens.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join