It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you know about these weapons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
What do you know about this shotgun (Benelli M4 Super 90 Shotgun) I know that the US marines are using it... The weapon is so special because it's a shotgunn and it has "binacuilares" a red point aiming device or a nightvison devece...

And what do you think of the P-90, it's small, with a "binacuilare" sight and it has sniper bullets...

M6D

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
What do you mean, sniper bullets? those are 5.7mm sub machine gun bullets...?

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by M6D
What do you mean, sniper bullets? those are 5.7mm sub machine gun bullets...?

I'm sry, but that's true.

2 answer ur queston though, I like the P90, but like I've said 1hundred times, the MP7 and the 4.6mm IS better. I don't care what ppl say, and I don't get how they could
. The ONLY 2 things I prefer the P90 and the 5.7mm rd over the MP7 is the mag design, and the "shock" effect of the 5.7mm, but that's only good 4 Law Enforcement. Pesonally, combine the mag design of the P90, the 4.6mm, the size, and the other MP7 qualities, like the range and accuracy=

BEASTY WEAPON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sry, even I get how 2 do it, I dunno y gun designers haven't. It makes want 2 cry.
If it was out there, it b the #1 submachine gun, hands down, and prefered by a lot of forces. I mean, it would have a 300m range this way, while still being compact, but, obviously, it would need a bigger holster. Now, if only I could show my picture of it, but....the coloring sucks.

Sry, back on topic....

Don't get me wrong, the P90 is a generation over the MP5, so I would easily prefer it over the MP5, but the MP7 is just another step ahead. Poor FN.

I like the M4 also, nothing 2 change really. Fully Automatic, easy 2 use, good range, low recoil, and like u said, can b equiped with a Red Point Aiming Device or a Nightvision Device. That's kind of odd 4 a shotgun, but there's nothing wrong with. If I had 2 pick a shotgun,

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The US Secret Service uses the P-90.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
"Occluded" sights (not binocular), meaning you keep both eyes open. One looks through the sight, the other looks downrange normally. The brain superimposes the red dot onto the target.

I agree with SEAL, the P90 is a really cool weapon....with no real purpose (an answer to a non-question). I'll also take the MP5/7 series over the P90.

The Marine Benelli comes stock with a ghost ring rear sight, all optical sights are added by the unit.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Figher Master FIN,

You middle pick is wrong. The top and bottom are the Benelli M4
www.benelliusa.com...

The middle pic is the Benelli Nova Tactical
www.benelliusa.com...

The Nova Tactical is more for police use than the M4. The M4 is used for SWAT applications though.
I have not shot the P-90 so I only know what I have read. By all accounts it is a good piece. If offered, I would not say no to a free one. LOL

Both are great guns, but I am more partial to the Izhmash Saiga 12S EXP V.30.

www.izhmash.ru..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

I have a 7.62x39 Saiga and I love it. As soon as I can find the Saiga 12 for a decent price, I am going to seriously think about ticking my wife off, and buying one! LOL

www.izhmash.ru...

Here are some great Izhmash videos of their current product line. The 2nd one has a red headed Russian chick firing a Saiga 12! That alone is worth seeing.

Military Weapons: www.izhmash.ru...

Saiga 12: www.izhmash.ru...

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
... the only thing that i know about the Benelli M4 Super 90 Shotgun is that its Black Eagle Tactical Shotgun and that its a 12ga 6+1 rounds with a tubular magazine and Known in the US Military as the M1014.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
MOD police use MP7's.
I believe the secret service use the MP7's as well..

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   

The weapon is so special because it's a shotgunn and it has "binacuilares" a red point aiming device or a nightvison devece

It can be fitted with Occluded sights and all the other extras....but I have never seen a unit in the Corps that does that. It kinda defeats the purpose of having a shotgun IMO. The most Ive seen on one is a mounted light.

Anyways, just a little note, most units in the Corps still have the M3's...it usually takes a while for weapons to be fielded to the point that it replaces all of the old whatever.

sporty

[edit on 2/7/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Personally if I'm going with a shotgun, it's gonna be the USAS-12 with the drum magazine.

world.guns.ru...

[edit on 2-7-2005 by Zaphod58]

M6D

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Nice choice, its a real perfect weapon, 28 rounder 12 guage magazine, perfect for CQB, and its butt ugly to, i like it.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 02:11 AM
link   
It's butt ugly, but a shotgun with 28 rounds, is just SOOOOO cool.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 04:14 AM
link   
yea 28 rounds thats good but u dont want to bang the trriger cuz the recoil is going to get u about 20 feet off target...

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 04:21 AM
link   
How long range does the shot gun have...?

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Depends on the shell. I'm not sure about the exact range, but it depends on if it's a slug or not, and the amount of powder in the shell, the size of the pellets etc.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Personally if I'm going with a shotgun, it's gonna be the USAS-12 with the drum magazine.
[edit on 2-7-2005 by Zaphod58]

That thing is sooo heavy, so that's y I don't like it. Besides the weight, yeah, it's good, but it's like we're back 2 the M29 situation, that it's main prob is it's weight. Good weapon, but u have 2 b veeerrry strong 2 carry it 4 a while, like marching or on patrol, as so here.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Greetings,

The P-90, is such an underrated weapon, the design itself is one of the most interesting in my opinion not to mention one of the finest bullpup designs currently in the field. The only issue I really have with the weapon is the 5.7 ammo, if it accepted Standard Nato rounds, I could see more use of it with in the military community, for police forces its ideal, small compact, packs a powerful punch and can carry nearly the same amount of addons as the M4/M16a2 can.

It to me seems to be designed for the Second line troops, or troops that have limited space, Engineers, Tankers, Helicopter Crews etc.

Its one fine weapon.

- Phil

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Yeah... The P-90 looks really good... And think a special rade team... Wich weapon would be better than the P-90...?

M6D

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Actually, with a gun like the SPAS 12, the weight is a advantage, helps keep the gun steadier due to high recoil really.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Oh for pete's sake! Recoil from a 12 gauge is not that brutal or heavy, and is easily controlled by most anyone. Some of you guys, apparantly, have never handled nor fired real weapons.

The SPAS-12 is a silly machine that is good for nothing (not to mention...it's French
) Too heavy for every day carry, too large for CQB, and has no practical hunting use. The ability to switch from pump to semi, is an answer to an unasked question, and further complicates two simple mechanisms that work fine by themselves.

The USAS is very cool, but has no practical use for anything....except maybe as a vehicle mount for riot control, in full auto mode.

Max effective range for 00 buck is 75yds, slugs can be accurately used out to 100yds. Regular bird shot of #4-#7 is good out to 40yds. #8-#11 is good to 15-20yds.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join