It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you know about these weapons

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I have handled real weapons, I just like the way the SPAS-12 looks, and the fact that you don't have to reload as often. I'm not really a shotgun person though, which is the big reason I wasn't sure about the range question. I prefer pistols and some rifles. I love to shoot the M1 Garand though. That's a beautiful weapon to shoot.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Army
The SPAS-12 is a silly machine that is good for nothing (not to mention...it's French
) Too heavy for every day carry, too large for CQB, and has no practical hunting use. The ability to switch from pump to semi, is an answer to an unasked question, and further complicates two simple mechanisms that work fine by themselves.

The SPAS-12 was one of the first more regularly employed semiautomatic shotguns. Do you really think this was for no reason? And who are you to decide whether its useless to have the ability to switch from pump-action to semi-auto? I would leave that decision to those that actually USED the weapon (as it is no longer in production). Apparently this part of your post is mainly aimed at proliferating your little frenchie comment.

[edit on 3/7/2005 by Lonestar24]

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 02:29 AM
link   
No, the Browning Auto-5, and Remington 1100, were used in much greater proportion than the SPAS ever was. Even the old (pre Benelli) H&K's were more popular.

The smiley face means it was a joke

The SPAS is too large, too heavy, and saddled with a feature that isn't needed. Clearing a regular semi's jam, will take less time than trying to find the SPAS button then pumping away a jam....IF IT CAN. Not to even mention the lousy, over-engineered buttstock.

If you specifically need a semi, what use is a pump at all? If you need a pump for special duty ammo, then what good is a semi?

If looks alone in firearms is what gets them rated, then the Tiffany Colts ought to be the nee plus ultra in weapons design.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 02:30 AM
link   
BTW...it's discontinued for a reason......

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   
OK, thank's for all the facts... I'am gratefull...

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Actually Franchi made the SPAS 12 and that makes it Italian - not French.

I used to teach combat pistol and combat shotgun and must say that of all the shotguns I have used in military and civilian life, the SPAS 12 was one of the best - provided you used the correct rounds for the job - solid slugs for door hinges and cars, double-ought buck for room clearing and those funny little rocket things for overkill - simply way too cool for mere civvies.

As to keeping yer peepers open when using pistols and shotguns in CQB, I've always taught that! Better tgt aquisition - no 'tunnel' vision -keeps you aware of what's happening around you etc

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 05:35 AM
link   
What do I know about them?
Absolutely nothing, other than that they are guns.

What do I think of them?

Well the shot-gun looks cool.

I like the P-90, one of my favorite military weapons.

[edit on 7/3/2005 by iori_komei]

M6D

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Did he call the USAS 12 auto shotgun? because sure, it may technically be one...but its rate of fire is like a pistols, as i said, the weight of the gun, helps deal with the repetitive recoil, i never said single recoil, such a repetitive recoil would surely be greater then just a single shot.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
USAS was offered in a full auto version for Law Enforcement/military. There are a number of full auto shotguns still available.

Even at 300+-rpm, a 12 gauge is easily controlled.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetsetter
The US Secret Service uses the P-90.

I don't care if an army has them as standard issue sometime in the future, the 4.6mm rd and mp7 r sooooo much better. The 5.7mm has only a shock affect, but that's worthless, and like I said, I don't care what ppl say, nor do I get how u could [
], the 5.7mm and P90 r behind the 4.6mm and MP7. At least the Future Warrior Program has sense:

www.natick.army.mil...

The gun that is showed uses the 4.6mm.

Man, I'm sry, but there is NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
reason how u could say the 4.6mm is worse than the 5.7mm when in combat. Y do u want 2 try and shock some1, and have a .22 moment. The 5.7mm can't even penetrate armor that the .22 can't, SO CMON!!! FN got wasted, but the rest of the world won't get it......y......

Like I said, the only good thing over the MP7 is the mag design. I mean, u can hold the MP7 like a pistol, fit it in a holster, better range and accuracy, even in that little thing, better muzzle energy and velocity, can b customized heavily, silencer is smaller than the P90's, what more do I have 2 say???

www.hkpro.com...

www.absoluteastronomy.com...

world.guns.ru...

en.wikipedia.org...

matrix.dumpshock.com...

Man, is it that hard 2 understand??? Cmon, right there in front of you'll, it makes me terribly mad.

, okay, seriously, and 2 think, this 4 us, so what should the governments have?

[edit on 3-7-2005 by SEAL Trident]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join