It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's President Says Islamic Revolution Will Sweep the World

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Well thats ok really lecky, I have no problem with you being forced to wear berkas and being forced out of education system of america, oh and the beatings you'll get! goody!
. I mean if you really want this kind of lifestyle, hell im all for it, why fight wars when we all can just capitulate?

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
So in a word "yes"

It's shame that you can't be given the "opportunity" to live in Iran for a year, maybe you'd find a new appreciation for your freedom. :shk:

such haste! i have lived in Iran thankyou, and its not bad at all

have you been there?

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 02:47 AM
link   
1384, indeed some of the regions really look like they just came out of a movie from the XIV century.

And yes, i agree with what someone said...
These ppl with their stupid thoughts only produce regression.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
You say you have lived in iran"and its not bad at all" this leaves me wondering exactly what your definition of "bad is". and if it isnt bad why would you leave there and go to another country?

Kind regards,
DigitalGrl

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Fair point, "not bad at all" was an exaggeration, it has its problems, like every other country, but nothing fundamental in its running that is worth invading about.

With regards to why didn't i stay there, even if Iran were a utopia, there's no place like home

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Agreed..there is no place like home.
However in iran there is a certain type of oppression that isnt going on in the states and what not. But i dont think that is the total issue. I think the problem people have IMHOP is the arrogance and the holier than thou attitude that the statement was made. It came off to me as very egocentric. And whenever their is an idea presented in that way it doesnt give me alot of confidence in the persons integrity...if that makes sense. Therefore....regardless of whether or not people agree with the ideology of islam i think the thing that pissed alot of people off..or at least me was the pompous attitude of his statement. and that sets off a chain reaction of people that get angry and instead of going "hmm whats this revolution about" they go "who the hell do you think you are? keep your ideas in your own damn country!" you know what i mean?

Kind Regards,
DigitalGrl

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   
major bummer....blood of martyr's ?

not good......

The only question now is when is the weather favorable for an invasion, and what excuse W comes up with....

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:52 AM
link   
sigh* i knew someone would try and take a stab at the prez. even when he hasnt even done anything yet.

Kind Regards,
DigitalGrl

Sep

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DigitalGrl
Agreed..there is no place like home.
However in iran there is a certain type of oppression that isnt going on in the states and what not. But i dont think that is the total issue. I think the problem people have IMHOP is the arrogance and the holier than thou attitude that the statement was made. It came off to me as very egocentric. And whenever their is an idea presented in that way it doesnt give me alot of confidence in the persons integrity...if that makes sense. Therefore....regardless of whether or not people agree with the ideology of islam i think the thing that pissed alot of people off..or at least me was the pompous attitude of his statement. and that sets off a chain reaction of people that get angry and instead of going "hmm whats this revolution about" they go "who the hell do you think you are? keep your ideas in your own damn country!" you know what i mean?

Its nice that you say this. It shows that when you think your type of government is the best you try to transfer it to the whole world. This is exactly how many people in the Middle East view statements by US officials saying that "democracy" would spread throughout the world. Hopefully some day the people of the world will become mature enough to treat eachother as equal and try not to put down other country's constitutions and not try to show off their own systems.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Whats more, the fact that all this democracy talk from Bush is just a cover to get all the oil he can, further takes the piss.

If someone started telling me how i should be, and the intention behind it wasn't to better myself but to gain things for the other person, I would be very annoyed, and probably wouldn't care about who I hurt by shouting "death to..."

Besides, at least this guy says Islam will cut of the roots of injustice in the world, (he didn't mention anything about opressing women, hmmm just maybe that doesn't have anything to do with Islam). Better than Bush who just says democracy this democracy that (which Iran already has roots in any way). Holier than thou? When it is a system designed to help people i wouldn't take it so personally. When it is a few words used to grab all the support and thus oil possible, resulting in many deaths, that is something to take personally.

[edit on 7-7-2005 by sal88]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I wouldnt say i think that my countries government is the best in the world. In fact i didnt say that at all. I was just merely expressing why i think people get upset by certain comments that are made by governemnt officials. That does include ours. while i do feel democracy is one of the best forms of government that doesnt mean i think the country i live in has a done a very good job of instituting the philosophies of democrasy. There are some things that are really great over here. And being a 19 year old college student alot of the difficult responsibilities havent fallen on my lap yet which i do acknowledge. What i will say is that if people have great ideas that they feel are beneficial to others of course they are going to want to spread it. But if they dont do it humbly i question their integrity. egotistical individuals very rarely do whats good for the people. You also cant force your ideas on someone else. Heck if you have an idea that you feel can change the world, sure hold seminars and fight to keep your right to practice it if you are being oppressed. But dont go around MAKING people do it. If the majority of the people have decided that they do or dont want to practice something then let them be.

As far as the iraq war I think that Hussien had to be removed. He was evil. As far as forcing people to be democratic....even if you think its best for them sometimes you have to let them live with their own choices. Granted i do see how they feel democracy helps to weaken terrorism more than governements like the taliban, thats a given. And there is the safety of people in the world we have to think about because everyone wants to stop these terrorists. So i think the problem is complex. While i do consider myself conservative on most issues i dont agree with everything they do. And i do agree with the initial televised reasons why we went to war. As far as what the reasons have mutated into now..that is to be seen and will show itself whenever this thing ends...which im sure is gonna be a while.
I think all countries are guilty of being egocentric at times. And when i say i dont like the iranian president that doenst mean i dislike the iranian people.

Kind Regards,
DigitalGrl

Sep

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   

You have voted DigitalGrl for the Way Above Top Secret award.

Although I disagree with a few parts of the post I have to hand it to you, you made your point very well.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 01:40 AM
link   
perhaps THAT, is WHY, we are REALLY THERE.
[ we expected a move from these jamokes , now we're in position...and we're stalling for time...waiting ] just a thought...

anyways , the whole bloody mess has been a contrivance...or so it seems

one thing is for sure , islam is making an impression around the world.

too bad people are losing their heads over it....literally.

gonna get much worse b4 it gets better...eh ?

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Thanks for the vote..i really appreciate it. Proves that even if i am 19 ATS people are always willing to listen

Kind regards,
DigitalGrl

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I'm half iranian and half white, born and never lived out of Texas. I never met my dad as he came to America and got a civil engineering degree and then went back to Iran. But my mom would tell me the things he told her, like how the CIA would often be in Iran and cohert with the leaders of the country. There are things that go on behind on back all the time like this I believe, there's really no way to get the true story especially since the U.S. Government has become so secretive even more than ever before in classification of documents.

I'm on Americas side 100%, but not the Government, THE PEOPLE. We need to stop confusing Government loyalty for Patriotism. We need to question what knowledge is available to us and make sure that it is indeed in our best interest.

THINK, it's not illegal yet

[edit on 10-7-2005 by NoJustice]

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Maybe we really need to build a high and thick wall around Iran and lock them out forever. I think "Islamic revolution" means a renewed round of terrorist attacks, used to distract attention from their nuclear ambitions. And if we see an Iran invasion coming soon we will see every recent terrorist attacks linked with Iran. And yes, we can free Iranians from their ex-terrorist president. Dun think he put it in his resume though. Maybe he's shameful of been one before?

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   
i for one wouldnt worry too much about "...islamic revolution will sweep the world..." i remember bush saying something akin to "we will not rest, we will leave no stone unturned until the perpetrators of 9/11 are caught and brought to justice" today, we dont know much about osama and theres practically no new news. so i equate both as a political statement to take advantage of a situation. nothing more.

there are moslems everywhere in the world already, the us, uk, china, india...millions everywhere. so whats this revolution about? is it a call for moslems to strap on bombs and carry out the ultimate sacrifice?

i wonder how many moslems would construe it to be a call for jihad and actually carry it out. i do not think that osamas brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews would ever strap on a bomb and blow themselves up. do you?

but unfortunately, there are those that have been fed nothing else but religion as part of their education and that it is a great honour to die a martyr. i think these are the people that need reaching out to so that they have something other than religion to live and die for.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join