It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's President Says Islamic Revolution Will Sweep the World

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   

IRAN’S ultra-conservative President, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, threw down a challenge to the West yesterday by declaring that his election victory marked the dawn of a new Islamic revolution that would spread around the world.

“Thanks to the blood of the martyrs, a new Islamic revolution has arisen and the Islamic revolution of 1384 [the current Iranian year] will, if God wills, cut off the roots of injustice in the world,” he said. “The wave of the Islamic revolution will soon reach the entire world.”

Times Online

Scary stuff, especially now we know that he was a 1979 hostage-taker.

Looks like he's ready to start a war with the West.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Maybe what is really sweeping the globe is fixed elections.

The iranian people who have a lot of problems with the mulah led government have elected this arch conservative?
Im not too sure about this.

But considering how Bush has seemingly been elected twice in this nation, with many questions,
maybe conspiritors around the world have seen this as a green light to rig and fix elections, just make sure you do it smoothly enough so the public and the world doesn't quite catch on to it.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Come, now, Mr. Johnston. He simply means that they are going to send missionaries around the world and spread their good news!
All the misery of the world is caused by the West, especially the U.S.
Israel is the co-sponsor of misery, evil bunch of people they are!

This Ahmadinejad fella is just a solid religious believer and good patriot; you are misunderstanding his words of peace!! He really loves us all to death!

Seriously, www.cq.com...

[edit on 30-6-2005 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Come, now, Mr. Johnston. He simply means that they are going to send missionaries around the world and spread their good news!
All the misery of the world is caused by the West, especially the U.S.
Israel is the co-sponsor of misery, evil bunch of people they are!

Ah, silly me! I didn't realize he just wants to send Muslim Mother Teresas out around the world!

Seriously, www.cq.com...

Scary, our intelligence agencies are still a joke it seems.

[edit on 6/30/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Wow, I'll bet Syria really welcomes this development--it will take some of the heat off of them.

Seems like this thread and the one about this guy's 1979 photo as a hostage taker ought to be merged.

[edit on 30-6-2005 by Astronomer68]

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Ah, silly me! I didn't realize he just wants to send Muslim Mother Teresas out around the world!

Don't Forget Iran in the African Equation (June 29, 2005)

"While the Shi'ia, Iran-backed Hezbollah, through the Lebanese community, has had an influence on West Africa for decades, Iran has not been a traditional player in the local Muslim communities. That may be changing." (read the full article...)

Seems like Iran is very much involved in Nigeria and its neighbouring countries. And now that we know that Al Qaeda is very much present there as well, training jihadis to be sent to Iraq and God knows where else. We gotta ask ourselves, what does Iran really want from Nigeria that they don´t have already?

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

This is old news. We received several "missionaries" in America back in 2001.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a REVOLUTION?!?! Aren't revolutions supposed to promote progress? Seems to me the only thing they are promoting is regression.
And ya know what, I'm sorry, but im not trading in my mountain bike or my car for a camel.
They can sweep all they want, but the only thing i will be handing them is a garbage bag.

Kind Regards,
Digital Grl

p.s The iranian president is a little off in his definition of a martyr. a martyr is someone who is killed because of his/her belief system, or stood up and let himself be sacrificed for the sake of what he/she thought was right.
Last time i checked it wasnt someone who strapped a bomb to their back and blew themselves up while standing in the kids play area in a shopping mall yelling praise allah.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 04:07 AM
link   
1384 eh?

What were we up to in 1384 lets google... well a nice example from wikipedia (german version) is in 1386 a pig (yes the animal) was tried and hung for infanticide in England. Hmm very enlightened we were... so these Islamics (no disrespect intended) are pretty much par for the course when it comes down to overzealous and fanatical beliefs.

And on ther political front well its a nice thought.. but yeah right. The commies were comig at one point too remember? What ever happened to the global revolution.. anyone?

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 04:22 AM
link   
There is an awful lot of scare-mongering going on at the moment but the fact is when these Islamic groups attempted to promote a revolution in both Algeria and Egypt, the people did not participate, which kind of stopped these 'revolutions' in their tracks.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Don't Forget Iran in the African Equation (June 29, 2005)

"While the Shi'ia, Iran-backed Hezbollah, through the Lebanese community, has had an influence on West Africa for decades, Iran has not been a traditional player in the local Muslim communities. That may be changing." (read the full article...)

Seems like Iran is very much involved in Nigeria and its neighbouring countries. And now that we know that Al Qaeda is very much present there as well, training jihadis to be sent to Iraq and God knows where else. We gotta ask ourselves, what does Iran really want from Nigeria that they don´t have already?

Great stuff Hellmutt!

Iran trying to get influence in Nigeria makes me more suspicious that their true goal may be to capture all Middle East oil and corner the market, bringing the rest of the world to its knees.

Everyway you look at it, it seems to me that a big war could be coming and may be inevitable.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Yeah, very scary

Whats exactly is wrong with this? He didn't declare war, he just said Islam would spread, and why not? It is an idea after all, which was for the most part spread by word of mouth. I don't see what is wrong with fighting the injustices in the world. Islam is a much more vast idea than praying 5 times a day! I consider a lot of people i know Muslims even though they would say they're Christians, it is basically submitting to the truth.

Calm down, the West isn't that great anyway, from a 1984 perspective, roll on the ID cards!

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Also what they are threatening to is what america AREADY HAS DONE!!

i.e taken over the damn place and is telling everyone what to do.

[edit on 30/6/2005 by Corinthas]

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas
Also what they are threatening to is what america AREADY HAS DONE!!

i.e taken over the damn place and is telling everyone what to do.

Are you trying to make a moral equivalence between Bush calling for the spread of democracy, the rule of law, and freedom with the Iranian call for the spread of Islamic governance, the abolition of religious freedom, and the taking of all women's rights?

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Well there is a real Islamic Revolution happing around the world, Islam is out growing all other religions. This spread isnt the end of time but a natural trend in though. Different ways of though move through time and nations. Most of the new followers arent so called terrorist but people not unlike you and me. Their hopes of revolution arent any different than the rightwings hopes for banning gays or support for the pro-life movenment. Dont let fear rule your view of others. There are many groups supported and funded by Iran that wish harm on the US and the West, but looking at their reason would do more to help defeat them than worring about the growth of Islam.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Everyway you look at it, it seems to me that a big war could be coming and may be inevitable.

Right you are. It appears that countries are jockeying for position before they engage in battle.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Are you trying to make a moral equivalence between Bush calling for the spread of democracy, the rule of law, and freedom with the Iranian call for the spread of Islamic governance, the abolition of religious freedom, and the taking of all women's rights?

Bush may be calling for the spread of democracy, but he's not spreading it, he's bombing countries then taking their oil. Words like democracy and freedom of speech that he so often uses are quite similar to 'newspeak' in Orwell's 1984, where the available words become fewer and fewer, so as to try and erradicate 'thought crime', quite fitting that it should be words like 'freedom' that seem to have become a very common word, therefore limiting how much people actually think about it. How free are Americans anyway? they've got materialism and all that, non stop adverts, (at least 2 for one episode of the simpsons! and i thought 1 was too much!), brainwashing media that tells you what to think, ie completely exaggerating that countries like Iran treat their people, (and women) badly, treat women as sex objects, have the electric chair in some states, which is disgusting, the FBI can do what they like to youre life if they think you've got terror connections, 9-5 office jobs, surveilance of everything, fear tactivcs, for what? The American Dream, forget that, I'd rather have a backward and free soceity, probably wouldn't have all the luxuries we have in the West but at least we'd be free. Then again, 2 sides of the same coin

please just stop with the constant freedom talk, its not the be all and end all, freedom is too overstated, its something that humans have always given to each other, whatever the laws are in Iran, these days the people are literally doing what they want, freedom isn't something that is enforced.

Ask yourself how often have you taken advantage of the freedom given to you? And how many of those examples do you think the Arabs or whoever have? I think you'll find the only freedom they are (perhaps) not given is speaking out against the government, therefore, let them do a coup themselves, and don't forget you've got a similar situation in USA

What makes you think Iran wants an end to religious freedom? they have the largest Jewish population in the Middle East (Outside of Israel), and why come out with something so lame as the taking of women's rights, those views are so old fashioned, let go, Both of those ideas have no solid evidence, but are only fuelled by a few propaganda stories and a primitive need to hate.

right that should get some responses

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
So in a word "yes"

It's shame that you can't be given the "opportunity" to live in Iran for a year, maybe you'd find a new appreciation for your freedom. :shk:

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I would love to build churches in Iran if they let us. Its so unfair, hope this new leader changes his mind and becomes global in his thinking.

Aparently he is not the most important person in Iran the religious leader(s) are. We get rid of one tyrant and 3 crop up in one year.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
/yawn

Sounds like we are being prepped to support another war.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join