It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Back! (Damn Worm!) =)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Hello everyone, I'm back (not that you noticed I was gone!
) I had to re-install Windows and erase everything off my comp cause I got that Blast Worm or whatever it's called. So I'm back! Sucked ass that I got the worm, but part of me was like "hey cool! I was apart of that" when I read or hear about how a lot of computers were messed up. lol. But I was wondering, did any of you get the worm too or know someone who got it?

-Matt

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Welcome back 10DI10!

Fortunately for me I am running Windows 98 here in Bedrock, so I wasn't affected at all.
My fellow mod nyeff was infected by the worm but has returned as well.

I also missed the big blackout by just a few counties so this must be my lucky week.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 03:25 AM
link   
three of my friends have it, and two of dad's work computors have it. im lucky ive got 98.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 07:36 AM
link   
98 all the way for any net activity.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 09:57 AM
link   
98?!

How 'bout just patching and using a firewall? And maybe before formating and re-installing, you people should have consulted symantec website (or any other for that matter)?

Just my 2 cents..

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Nothing wrong with 98!

I like to say "If it aint broke, don't fix it!"

I do have a helluva firewall also.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I think this is the first time and only time that Windows ME has come in use

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Welcome back 100Dead...
I hope for good, eh?

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 10:06 AM
link   
welcome back,
damn the worm

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I catched that worm some days ago. I thought that the problem was within Windows, so I formatted my hdd under dos and reinstalled winxp.

Btw.
I noticed msblast.exe already within first minutes after infection and disabled it by using �msconfig.exe,�
but it didn�t helped.

[Edited on 15-8-2003 by Agnis]

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 10:08 AM
link   
ME suck, got it replaced ast week with that new Media Center OS, a hellova lot better,

Tasadar

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Entaro Adun Tassadar
Is it possible to install Media center os on my pc or I have to buy a Media center computer?

Zeratul

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Agnis : Yeah you can install it. I know it was on edonkey network a while ago. Must still be there. And disabling msblast with "msconfig" won't do it. Gotta start in safe mode, run fixblast.exe from symantec, and apply the patch (that you manually downloaded from another comp. or before getting in safe mode)

ProudAmerican: "If it ain't broke, why fix it?"

That attitude is what get people to get infected. If they patched their system before getting infected (the patch was available on july 15) they wouldn't have got the worm.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Yep, it was a pain in the a$$.
I hope i don't have to go through something like this again. I'm pissed at whoever started the virus but, I'm also mad at MS. I would think they could put software that isn't so full of holes. We always have to put patches in to protect our pc's from one thing or another. My guess is that Bill Gates does not have to worry too much about his pc getting infected,I'm sure his pc's are locked up tight. It would be nice if the software he sold us was just as tight.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I don't know who's the tard that make the "release dates", but if the whole company wereN't always following those stupid dates, and waited and tested a little more further, half of thoses flaw could have been solved. Maybe.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
ProudAmerican: "If it ain't broke, why fix it?"

That attitude is what get people to get infected. If they patched their system before getting infected (the patch was available on july 15) they wouldn't have got the worm.

I didn't mean not fixing as far us updates and patches, I am always up to date in that area. I was referring to upgrading my actual OS.

Did you say I had an attitude??

Just kiddin'

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong. What I meant is "people that generaly think this way, and think it apply to everything". I meant this KIND of attitude.

top topics

join