It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atomic warfare in India 8000 years ago?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jonSUN

If they had this technology a 8000 years ago why didn't we have it until 1945?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by randolphman
reply to post by jonSUN

WELL, that is the question. This is usually explained as:

1. The technology is hidden from the rest of us by [whatever evil group you want]

2. That the evidence was swept away by 'something', which oddly enough left all the evidence for that period - other than the technology, in situ.

3. That the technology all disappeared due to natural causes - ie nothing lasts very long, what I call the 'disappearing archaeological record', however this is again selective and the archaeological record is full of stuff from other places and India itself.

4. The technology came from off earth/other dimension/reality and left no traces, suspects x and y also cleaned everthing up, nicely, leaving no trace. Sometimes this is accredited to semi-god like aliens/super humans.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

reply to post by jonSUN

1. The technology is hidden from the rest of us by [whatever evil group you want]

2. That the evidence was swept away by 'something', which oddly enough left all the evidence for that period - other than the technology, in situ.

3. That the technology all disappeared due to natural causes - ie nothing lasts very long, what I call the 'disappearing archaeological record', however this is again selective and the archaeological record is full of stuff from other places and India itself.

4. The technology came from off earth/other dimension/reality and left no traces, suspects x and y also cleaned everthing up, nicely, leaving no trace. Sometimes this is accredited to semi-god like aliens/super humans.

or... the technology was kept secret. One example might be the knowledge of electricty and the abilty to create light bulbs. This technology could have been a closely guarded secret by an Egyptian sect where only the high priests of that sect were the only ones privy to the knowledge.

Just a thought....

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

Originally posted by Hanslune

reply to post by jonSUN

or... the technology was kept secret. One example might be the knowledge of electricty and the abilty to create light bulbs. This technology could have been a closely guarded secret by an Egyptian sect where only the high priests of that sect were the only ones privy to the knowledge.

Just a thought....

Yes condition 1 above...and left no trace; no developmental trail, no resource use and of course no evidence.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
The only source I've ever found cited to these claims is "Atomic Destruction in 2000 B.C." by David William Davenport.

Both Ancient Aliens and the original articles floating around cite to this same guy. I haven't found a single source anywhere else.

Funny thing is, I can't seem to find the book anywhere. It seems that it doesn't even exist, at least there is no record of it online. It isn't on Amazon or any other major retailer. Google doesn't pull up the book.

Weird, eh? Given that I can't even find the book, it seems like there are 0 sources to back up these claims...?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SerialExperimentLain

Its easy it pretty much all made up by a string of fring writers. There are areas of India/pakistan that have higher than normal radiation but its natural. A guy named Harte has all the information you'd want on this subject, send him an email and he'll square you away

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SerialExperimentLain
The only source I've ever found cited to these claims is "Atomic Destruction in 2000 B.C." by David William Davenport.

I've searched high and low and you can say I can dig up some pretty good information on people fairly easily but David William Davenport has only submitted a few research papers about war, WW2 weapons, and helicopters. I'm assuming that's not him.

This is apparently him (on the left)

Interestingly, the date "2000 B.C." conflicts with a few that range anywhere from 2000BC to 6000BC.

Now, what I had also done is searched by the book title and found absolutely nothing but references to it. It was allegedly written in 1979 and possibly published in Milan, Italy. Naturally I thought to search the publishing registry for this location and found this link:

www.comune.milano.it...

Which when search, yields no results. Perhaps it's too old to be listed? I don't believe it because it's specifically an archaeological website.

So far...
- Only references are made to these papers or book
- No papers or book has been found
- The Archaeological library has nothing (at least online, and I don't know Italian to confirm this)
- David William Davenport may or may not be a fictional character / pen-name
- Dates tend to differ for when such event may have happened by thousands of years
- There's no official website as far as I can tell
- Searching by date, relevance, author, and book/papers yield no official result
- The archeological community isn't all over this like Paula Deen and Hot butter.

I'm not trying to debunk this but I find it very puzzling that such an important discovery seems to be left in the dark. At any rate, has anyone considered the possibility of a highly-radioactive asteroid or something of that nature?
edit on 3-7-2012 by Em2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Did ancient civilizations indulge in nuclear warfare?

Religious texts and geological evidence suggest that several parts of the world have experienced destructive atomic blasts in ages past.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by selvan12345

Howdy Selvan

As this and many other threads on the same subject show, nope their wasn't, AFAWK

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join