It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the definition of a meaningful life?

page: 1

join
share:
JUL

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 02:29 PM
link   
People nowadays say that getting your education would somehow give you purpose or, even how much you make. I'm trying to find my purpose those shallow reasons above don't fit me.

I ask you people of ATS what do you think is your purpose in life.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 02:44 PM
link   
it is easier to be happy if you don't think you need what everybody else has to be happy,in order to get all of the things everybody else has,you have to enter into this slave-like existence to get it,just like them.

Money is nice,but is only required because you have to have it to get what everybody else has,a kind of reverse envy thing,vanity.

I only worry about getting what I need,food,water,shelter and clothing.Oh yeah,dog food for my buddies who share my freedom with me.

Lots of people resent me because I refuse to work my butt off for stuff,they're jealous,and I am not rich,I'm FREE!

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   

One in which the world is a better place because you were here.....not a worse one....

JUL

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by uNBaLaNCeD
it is easier to be happy if you don't think you need what everybody else has to be happy,in order to get all of the things everybody else has,you have to enter into this slave-like existence to get it,just like them.

Money is nice,but is only required because you have to have it to get what everybody else has,a kind of reverse envy thing,vanity.

I only worry about getting what I need,food,water,shelter and clothing.Oh yeah,dog food for my buddies who share my freedom with me.

Lots of people resent me because I refuse to work my butt off for stuff,they're jealous,and I am not rich,I'm FREE!
I feel what your saying.

JUL

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

One in which the world is a better place because you were here.....not a worse one....
That is interesting I have thought of it along the lines of better, because your here but not about worst because you are.I hope I have made a positive difference by my time is up.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   
the purpose of this life is to exponetially increase the potential love and worth of all other beings by any means necessary( hopefully through wisdom love respect and not hate ) as well education is a necessary part of this equation. adam took the fruit from the knowledge tree a long time ago, and it is our path to be.
in refrence to spirituality one must begin to self reflect in order to find the real truth in this beautiful but not perfect 3rd dimensional real on terra of a planet we call earth.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Meaningful Life?

A life that has had some impact on the physical world in a positive way. Discovering an advancement in science that helps our species advance further technologically. Helping other people and have a lasting impression cast on (hu)mankind.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Meaningful life is and involves experiencing.
Some yearn to be remembered, some yearn to find 'true' peace, be in an inner or outer freedom. Some yearn for abundances...materialistic being. Some yearn for an intellectual superiority. The list can go on for a "meaningful life.'

Your life is a culmination of subjective experiences based on a personal level. Life is ultimately what and where you want it to....what you want to be, and to discover who you really are.

regards
seekerof

new topics

top topics

join