It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3,000 dead in France

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetsetter
Why is that number of people dieing. Where I am living the temp gets over 100 degrees many times of the week amd not many people die.
Maybe that part of Europe isn't use of that extreme heat?

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 12:06 PM
link   
yeah i think your right. I know for a fact the UK isn't used to this sort of heat

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 12:11 PM
link   
How france was one of those countries that spoke out so strongly against america's attack on iraq....

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Hmmmm, can we all say HAARP?!

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by uNBaLaNCeD
How france was one of those countries that spoke out so strongly against america's attack on iraq....

Doesn't mean that we can't help them, they just can't sit there while they drop like flies during a heat wave

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Hmmmm, can we all say HAARP?!

HAARP!

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Infinite....
There's a button within ATS called: 'search'.....
Use it to read up on HAARP....

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I am not saying that they do not deserve some sort of help to get past their current problems.

I am saying that if weather modification does in fact exist,it would be only a small step to use it to get even for the defiance they expressed to the US in it's unjustifiable war in Iraq.

The only other comment I have about helping them is:
-Are my taxes going to go up ,yet more,to pay for assisting them?,if so,I say let em burn.

--it is all meaningless anyway--

And don't bother telling me about being insensitive,if it were up to me,it would be a perfect world,no-one would have to die,ever,but reality is just all we have to work with now ,isn't it?,.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 12:27 PM
link   
i no what HAARP is, im just being childish thats all

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 12:29 PM
link   
First I want to say this breaks my heart. I am sure most of the deaths are old and very young...and it just tears me up to think about that.

Irrespective of political feelings, or even societal feelings I might have toward the French, I sure don't want to see the people hurt.

Another thought on this is how it brings to the surface our fragility as a species. 100 F is killing thousands! I live in a place where we have had summers of over 45 days in a row of 100+ weather. The past 4 days have been unseasonably cool...that means it was 98 to 100. And to think that our weather could decimate another country's population just from lack of acclimation...makes you realize if the sun belched a big one that rose the global temp say 10 degrees...how terrible a loss it would be.

I will be praying earnestly for the people of France.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The french government should of did alot more i think

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by uNBaLaNCeD
I am not saying that they do not deserve some sort of help to get past their current problems.

I am saying that if weather modification does in fact exist,it would be only a small step to use it to get even for the defiance they expressed to the US in it's unjustifiable war in Iraq.

The only other comment I have about helping them is:
-Are my taxes going to go up ,yet more,to pay for assisting them?,if so,I say let em burn.

--it is all meaningless anyway--

And don't bother telling me about being insensitive,if it were up to me,it would be a perfect world,no-one would have to die,ever,but reality is just all we have to work with now ,isn't it?,.
LOL weather modification... hey let's try it on Iran and North korea then the world will be a better palce, and that's a good reason to justify for France not helping us in the Iraqi war...but that's only if weather modification does exist,lol

[Edited on 14-8-2003 by hellfireburns]

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I was going to mention this in my previous post,but it slipped past before I could write it.

The crops in france will probably at least partly fail from this heatwave,the same with the rest of europe.

It is all about resources,war is over resources and living
space,with religion thrown in to divert attention away from the truth of the whole thing.
-sortakindasorta.........
You could use weather modification to sell food and so on to a country ,after destroying their crops,to make a profit afterward.

It is all about power and money,or GREED!.

Just theoretically though......

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 12:36 PM
link   
well that's another way to mess up there economy

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Why is that number of people dieing. Where I am living the temp gets over 100 degrees many times of the week amd not many people die.

Because youre acc;imated to that heat, the French arent. In Arizona, 100+ temps are normal, hell, it stays over 100 for months on end. However, France is a coller climate, where people think its hot when its 80 degrees. 100 degrees, id hotter than what thier bodies are used to, and thus, they overheat and get sick from it alot more. Its like if someone came from arizona right now to seattle, they might complain its too cold cuz its in the 70's here now.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Val,

I'm not sure that it's aclimation that caused the majority of the deaths. The circumstances there are much different than that of North America (this if for you too Jetsetter). They were altogether unprepared fro this type of heat. It doesn't kill people in North America in the same numbers because everything is airconditioned. we don't realize sometimes how some of the everyday luxuries that we have benefit us daily.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Yeah, I started a thread on HAARP earlier, about the heatwave in Europe, could the be linked. Note that France also is suffering from a plague of wildfires as well. Hit more so than other European countries. Kinda makes ya wonder if this is retribution or something.who knows?

I saw a news flash that the heat is actually benefitting the french wine crop, but thats about it, everything else is choking.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Since France is a member of the European Union why don't the other countries in the EU that are not suffering help out? I thought a "union" helped each other.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Very, very good point. Same thing happens on our east and west coastlines when it gets sweltering because most times a lot of those areas don't have much air conditioning.

BUT, I would also point out that acclimation is a part of it. For instance, if I have to spend a day without air conditioning, I'm just icky...not close to death.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 12:44 PM
link   
There's been a problem with flys in southern UK. Pretty bad if you ask me. I read the thread about HAARP and the europe heatwave, its was very interesting

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join