3,000 dead in France

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 10:59 AM
link   
My thoughts and prayers are with the people of France.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:03 AM
link   
My god thats bad, its been hot in england but christ all those people dying of the heat is bad

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Oh my god, that is horrible

This is something Ive been afraid of. The heat killing people in Europe, because they arent used to such extreme temps. And the heatwave doesnt seem to be letting up!

I hope they get some rain there soon, this is unnatural and scary! How many mpeople in other European nations are dying from it as well? or is France the only one with such an ungodly death toll?

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:20 AM
link   
That number of 3000 (as many as 2000 in Paris) is certainly alot more than the 50 reported by the Associated Press for Yahoo!.

Its quite horrific how many people have died of the heat.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:23 AM
link   
thats really sad
. i don't think there are any other countries that face this much deaths from heat, but the high in china for weeks now is 41 C and I heard it went up to 140 F in phoenix once.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:30 AM
link   
It's scaremongering.

The deaths cannot be factually attributed to heat alone.
You also have to remember the age that people live to is a lot greater than it was last time we were hit by this sort of weather.

"General Funeral Services told the ministry it handled 3,230 deaths across the country from August 6-12, a 37 percent increase over the same period last year."

It's actually a 37% increase year on year of ALL deaths.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:32 AM
link   
What would be the purpose of the scaremongering?

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:33 AM
link   
How do so many die of heat?

Arabs have this kind of heat all the time....and don't just say they're used to it....I wasn't when I went there either...but I'm still alive...

My sympathies for them...but sounds like they may have died from ignorance, not heat. No air conditioning in the hospitals??? Sorry, but temperature or not, you would want ac and air filtration in a hospital.... Ridiculous, and barbaric.... Remind me never to have to use a hospital in France....

Even with a lack of ac, there are plenty of ways to keep cool... This is a tragedy, to be sure, but one that it compounded by the fact that with an iota of common sense, it could have been prevented.....

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Leveler, the French do many things, but scare mongering in thier Media is more a US specialty.

I dont care how you look at it: 3000 deaths from the heat. Thats 3000 dead people. During this heatwave. And given that Europe has never been scorched like this before in modern history, this is very disturbing.

By the way, I havent seen NANS on here in a while, I rather misss her. Anyone know where shes at, if shes ok?

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
It's scaremongering.

The deaths cannot be factually attributed to heat alone.
You also have to remember the age that people live to is a lot greater than it was last time we were hit by this sort of weather.

"General Funeral Services told the ministry it handled 3,230 deaths across the country from August 6-12, a 37 percent increase over the same period last year."

It's actually a 37% increase year on year of ALL deaths.

A 37% increase is still a lot of people; and it's not over yet!

[Edited on 14-8-2003 by Hyperspace]

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
I dont care how you look at it: 3000 deaths from the heat.

That's the point. It's not.
This time last year they lost over 2000.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Not good, thats kinda creepy 3000 just seems such a high number...

Im sure some of the results are due to the forest fires they have been having!

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:47 AM
link   
This heat wave... it killed alot, 3000 is a lot of individuals. But it could have been prevented some how, my sympathies for the French. They were so excited about the heat they forgot about there own wellbeing, well, all I have to say I hope somebody is doing something to prevent this from going further and ever happening again.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:54 AM
link   
yeah i saw it in the paper today, its very shocking.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:57 AM
link   
3000 is scary, because thats the estimated number of people who died on 9/11. A freaky number indeed.

Hellfire, the French should be careful. They need to realize the dangers of extreme temps, drink loads of water, and limit thier physical activities. High temps are nothing to play around with.

Levler, the article said that the number of deaths from the heat is 3000. Thats basically medical care workers saying this. I think medical professionals know the diff between heat induced death and other types of it. Many things caused by the heat can kill people. Asphyxiation, heat stroke, heat exhaustion, ect. Medical care workers getting called back from vacation.

The heat is killing them ,just like i feared it would.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The French government needs to get their a$$e$ in gear!

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The heatwave is meant to stop next week. Its get alot cooler over here in England, but its still too hot

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The French's government has done nothing so far, when thier people are dying from natural disasters what will the government do about...give'em free ac's I doubt it

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Why is that number of people dieing. Where I am living the temp gets over 100 degrees many times of the week amd not many people die.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 12:04 PM
link   

The French's government has done nothing so far

yeah i was just thinking that. They should have said something about it by now

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join