It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Al-Qaeda, Bin Laden, Zarqawi etc Exist?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas
I just can't understand why this particular post was posted?

Dallas

Because the case made against these men in the mainstream media carry little weight. They're just accusations, basically. There's no solid proof behind any of it.

Here's a great article on this:

The Zarqawi Phenomenon
By Dahr Jamail
TomDispatch

Wednesday 06 July 2005

A remarkable proportion of the violence taking place in Iraq is regularly credited to the Jordanian Ahmad al-Khalayleh, better known as Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, and his organization Al Qaeda in Iraq. Sometimes it seems no car bomb goes off, no ambush occurs that isn't claimed in his name or attributed to him by the Bush administration. Bush and his top officials have, in fact, made good use of him, lifting his reputed feats of terrorism to epic, even mythic, proportions (much aided by various mainstream media outlets). Given that the invasion and occupation of Iraq has now been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt to be based upon administration lies and manipulations, I had begun to wonder if the vaunted Zarqawi even existed.

In Amman, where I was recently based, random interviews with Jordanians only generated more questions and no answers about Zarqawi. As it happens, though, the Jordanian capital is just a short cab ride from Zarqa, the city Zarqawi is said to be from. So I decided to slake my curiosity about him by traveling there and nosing around his old neighborhood.

"Zarqawi, I don't even know if he exists," said a scruffy taxi driver in Amman and his was a typical comment. "He's like Bin Laden, we don't even know if he exists; but if he does, I support that he fights the U.S. occupation of Iraq."

Chatting with a man sipping tea in a small tea stall in downtown Amman, I asked what he thought of Zarqawi. He was convinced that Zarqawi was perfectly real, but the idea that he was responsible for such a wide range of attacks in Iraq had to be "nonsense."

"The Americans are using him for their propaganda," he insisted. "Think about it -- with all of their power and intelligence capabilities -- they cannot find one man?"
www.truthout.org...

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Actually, Al-Qaida has been operating since the 80's. In Lebanon, an Iranian-trained Al-Qaida "martyr" killed 240 marines in one of the biggest non-nuclear explosions in history.

Al-Qaida bombed the WTC in the 90's with a truckbomb.

The proof goes on and on..

-wD

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
Actually, Al-Qaida has been operating since the 80's. In Lebanon, an Iranian-trained Al-Qaida "martyr" killed 240 marines in one of the biggest non-nuclear explosions in history.

Al-Qaida bombed the WTC in the 90's with a truckbomb.

The proof goes on and on..

-wD

You got any links to back up that assertion?

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   
By the way, why the differentl spelling of al-qaeda? Everytime I see it in the media its different, al-qaida, al-qaeda etc.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
By the way, why the differentl spelling of al-qaeda? Everytime I see it in the media its different, al-qaida, al-qaeda etc.

The correct English version is al -Qaeda.

I think American AP Style is al -Qaida.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   
A question for anyone. Before the London bombings, did you ever hear about this supposed organization of al qaeda in europe?

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   

A question for anyone. Before the London bombings, did you ever hear about this supposed organization of al qaeda in europe?

Yes. It's designated P20G. It's a Rumsfeld division of chaosers.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I have seen articles stating it was an unknown group. Maybe only unknown to the reporters.

Again, I have seen multiple variations of the groups name, including the word "secret" and such garbage.

I dont know what to believe in the stuff I read.

Best to wait a few days when dealing with events such as these.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 04:40 AM
link   

No, never.

Yesterdays news was reported them as an "unknown group".

Today on the news it was a "little known group"

One expects by next week, it will be a widely known global terror network.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Speaking about Thursday's blasts in London that killed more than 50 people, Laith Kubba said "we don't know exactly who carried out these acts but it is clear that these networks used to be in Afghanistan and now they work in Iraq."

Source

If you dont know who carried out the attacks, how is it clear where they are and were from?

That doesnt make sense.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
they really were nothing more than a group of freedom fighters till people like charlie wilson and co. done their little covert war and supplied mujahadeen with russian weapons to fight the russians so they could never be traced back to USA.
mujahadeen has links to osama and co.

then its snowballed really.

en.wikipedia.org...(Texas_politician)

operation cyclone. providing millions (and even hundreds of millions per year) of CIA money to the mujahadeen since 1980.

[edit on 28/1/09 by Obliv_au]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
yea, Mouthful me wants me to re gurgitate this old stuff...

second line

top topics

<< 1   >>

join