It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public isn't buying Bush's 'fake reality show'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Well, if he does get impeached, (which I doubt he will), it proves to us at least one thing:

That is not the NWO/Anti-christ/Satan afterall.

Guess we dodged another bullet.

-wD

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 06:39 AM
link   
You know, I read something a while back, and it was a little confusing to me when I read it, and since I have forgotten a lot of it, it's even more so now. But there was something significant that I got out of it. The problem is if I can just remember enough to get the point across.

It was something about how Bush, Sr. was defeated by Clinton, but that his natural successor, Dubya "restored" the presidency, and that that somehow was what was necessary to complete the dynasty. And how dynasties are very dangerous. Also, some law was passed sometime in the not too long ago, in some state, where a Senator (I beieve it was) was able to appoint his daughter to his open seat. And there were other examples of politicians legally or illegally one way or another placing their natural hiers into political positions that they had once held.

Am I making any sense? I wish I remember where I had read it, and that I had paid more attention, because something about this just seems important, although I know I'm not quite grasping it right now.

Anyway, dynasties are supposed to be very dangerous, because then certain bloodlines become part of the elite, and are there to stay. Something like the monarchies of the past, and of other regions.

Well..................best I could do without references handy. Make sense to any of you?

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 06:56 AM
link   
in Yugoslavia, there was this rock in the Adriatic sea called "the naked island". If you went against the political system, you ended up there, and lots of times, you didnt make it back.

Wouldnt it be nice to pack all corrupt politicians on a boat, tell them you are taking them on a cruise and drop them of there

well a person can dream....

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   

" U.S. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld on Sunday called Iran's presidential election invalid and the winner 'no friend of democracy.'"

I read it this morning in my (belgian) newspaper, i was shocked by this statement. i mean...WHAT A NERVE, comming from him that sounds realy absolutly ridiculous, he talks as if the US is a true democracy ? Please...

My patheticly small meaningless country(Belgium) has 11 different major political parties(FYI there's only 10 million Belgians), the us has only 2 major political parties: republican or democrats , they all get funded by the same corporate/industrial bigshots, not much of a choise is it... my 2cents

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

as posted by Amethyst
To Bush and his flunkies, that means if you criticize the government, you're with the terrorists.

Do you really know what patriotic means?
"Flunkies" are whom, Amethyst? Care to clarify? Would that be those that make up Bush's staff? Would that be those who, God forbid, support Bush? Just who exactly would those "flunkies" be?

Seekerof, Amethyst is right. Here is something I wrote on Patriotism and its use as a tool of the state. Have a look.

Patriotism

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Originally posted by CyberKat
I have to say though, that I heard him say that on camera for the benefit of the public, who knows if there is truth to that statement in reality or not? (That was all)

At this point, how can anybody believe anything that guy sez? He and Rummy probly sit around sipping scotch talking about what a dolt junior is.

Trust in your elected officials is apparently not a requirement to lead this country anymore. Personelly, I dont even listen to the gang of capitol hill schmucks anymore. Every time one of them opens their mouth, it takes two days to clean up all the # they spewed.

No Im not saying we have never been lied to. Hell, even my hero Clinton was a little less than honest
And Regan wouldnt give you a straight answer about Starwars or the Trickle Down Theory if you made him a movie star agian. The point is, every president and his administration has kept things from us.But this current administration just flat out lied to us and has to keep concocting a new story just as soon as every one catches on to there lies. Personally, I would have much more respect for Bush if he would stand up like a man and admit he was wrong instead of standing up like a 5 year old in trouble and lying his ass off about whats happenning.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Remember that the "Downing St. Memo" stated that Bush was determined to use military force no matter what, and that the Intelligence and facts would just have to be fixed around the policy........

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Originally posted by zerotime

Hooray! Another my side is better than your side, bash this bash that, political thread. Man, these threads always solve so much and they bring a special kind of class to ATS. Shouldn’t this thread be posted in one of the many political sections of these forums?

And you're wasting your time on this thread because....?

I waste my time because I like ATS and at the moment I feel that it is being slowly ruined by posters with an extreme political agendas who do not care about the quality of material posted.

[edit on 27-6-2005 by zerotime]

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime
I waste my time because I like ATS and at the moment I feel that it is being slowly ruined by posters with an extreme political agendas who do not care about the quality of material posted.

Glad you like it. As PTS Council Representative, let me know if I can be of any help to you.

Feel free to add counter arguments, but be sure to post quality information/links to back up your opinions. That helps.

gl2

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 01:50 AM
link   
A Question for Judith Miller

MCNS caught Judith Miller outside the Alexandria jail on Thursday.

MCNS Reporter: A quick question, Judith:

Judith: Are you someone important?

Bin: Bin Tong of Mah Cho News Service.

Judith: Yes?

Bin: You repeated Bush’s story about Saddam’s weapons of mass destruction without question…

Judith: Not true. I had sources.

Bin: You were had by those sources--you accepted whatever Bush said and the result was a war based on false pretenses, an epic fraud against the American people. Because people like you failed to investigate, Bush was able to commit impeachable offenses that have cost thousands of lives and 400 billion dollars, to date.

Now that you’re going to jail for refusing to name the White House official who tried to destroy the lives of dozens of CIA informants in order to get even with the man who exposed Bush’s fake story about Saddam buying uranium in Africa, why should we feel sorry for you?

Judith: Don’t you get it? It’s the principle of the thing.

Bin: Are we talking freedom of the press, or your freedom to do business as a journalist?

Judith: What’s your name again?

Bin: Bin Tong of Mah Cho News. One more question:

Judith: I’m sorry. I have to go now.

Bin: Bing Tong, live from the Alexandria Detention Center in Virginia.

c. 7/7/2005 MCNS All rights reserved.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The sad thing is, now it's too late. They accomplished taking the little order there was in Iraq and destroyed it, sure Saddam wasn't the greatest but he atleast kept the crazies in check.. It's gone beyond terrorism, it's an ideal... and unfortunately ideas don't die very quickly... so thank the insanely intelligent people who decided amongst themselves that creating these ideas would help benefit the planet...

Enough of these blind leaders who bring their misguided religeons to the table...
The light is beckoning.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
It's a liberal journalist, and that person doesn't speak for all americans.

i'm not going to explain why I think Iraq is the perfect spot to combat terrorism, i'm just writing this to let you know liberal journalism is seen everyday in every newspaper across the country, that doesn't mean anything.

It's an opinion, you can agree or disagree... thats whats so beautiful about this country.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku
in Yugoslavia, there was this rock in the Adriatic sea called "the naked island". If you went against the political system, you ended up there, and lots of times, you didnt make it back.

Wouldnt it be nice to pack all corrupt politicians on a boat, tell them you are taking them on a cruise and drop them of there

yeah, i'd like to see ted kennedy, hillary clinton, john kerry, barbara boxer, and carolyn parrish get on that boat...

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Sorry nukunuku, I don't think that there is a boat big enough. Washington is only the tip of the iceburgh. You would have to include a lot of the heads of big business along with them. Those that put these people into office are just as guilty as those in Washington who are doing their bidding.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Yup the boat would not be big enough to fit Ted Kennedy's big A head in it.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
moving to U.S. Politics

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   

If we did that then we would only have Libertarians and Democrats in powr and all the racists/south/KKK/GOP/CCC/Neo-Nazis/Haliburton would never allow that.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 06:50 AM
link   
James the Lesser, just so you know during the 1800's and early part of the 1900's, it was the "White Democratic South" who were the vocal racist party of America not the Republicans.

In fact, most "blacks" voted Republican in the North due to the fact they were not nearly as bad as the Democrats, who were mostly made up of members of the K.K.K.

It's just funny how in 50years, they've fooled so many other people.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
When someone makes a statement opposing a deeply corrupt political system,
that does not make them a liberal. I would argue that they are the True Patriots
who care about what is happening to our great nation.

In my view, anyone who allows a deeply corrupt political system to continue
is indeed quite liberal with their own freedom.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I don't feel sorry for Judith Miller. I do understand the First Ammendment side of it, but I also see this from a national security standpoint. Judith Miller is protecting a criminal, if not worse. The outting of CIA NOC Valerie Plame was treasonous.

There are times when journalists should pass on their scoop. There are lives on the line.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
James the Lesser, just so you know during the 1800's and early part of the 1900's, it was the "White Democratic South" who were the vocal racist party of America not the Republicans.

Don't consider them to have been much less racist. They were and are much better at avoiding the appearance of it.

The allowing of this Iraq atrocity is a testament to the racism of many. Most of those who cheer it on are Republican (now).

Many of those Democrats from way back when hopped over with the Goldwater and Reagan waves.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join