It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public isn't buying Bush's 'fake reality show'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I guess the American public is finally catching on to the lies told by this administration. No matter how they try and spin this war, reality is setting in. Could impeachment hearings be around the corner?

Public isn't buying Bush's 'fake reality show'
By FRANK RICH
SYNDICATED COLUMNIST

The shelf life of the fakery that sold the war has also expired. On June 7, a Washington Post/ABC News poll found for the first time that a majority of Americans believe the war in Iraq has not made the United States safer. A week later Gallup found that a clear majority (59 percent) wants to withdraw some or all U.S. troops. Most Americans tell pollsters the war isn't "worth it," and the top reasons they cite, said USA Today, include "fraudulent claims and no weapons of mass destruction found" and "the belief that Iraq posed no threat to the United States." The administration can keep boasting of the Iraqi military's progress in taking over for Americans and keep maintaining that, as Dick Cheney put it, the insurgency is in its "last throes." But when even the conservative Republican congressman who pushed the House cafeteria to rename french fries "freedom fries" (Walter B. Jones of North Carolina) argues for withdrawal, it's fruitless. Once a story line becomes incredible, it's hard to get the audience to fall for it again.
seattlepi.nwsource.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
He, he, I will have to agree with that some called the "white house spin cycle" of justifications for going into war, funny I think they are running out of ideas and that shows somebody is panicking.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Their behavior in spin is beyond comprehension.

Sky is blue. Cheney looks you in the eyes and informs you: sky is turqois.

Insane.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Just goes to show how politicians who try and force their country into a way of thinking that the people don't want can backfire on them. Same thing happened to those who wanted to get Europe as one political party , their history. Lets get rid of these people who are making our lives bad and get some decent ones.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bulldog 52
Lets get rid of these people who are making our lives bad and get some decent ones.

We did, The Clinton administration no longer occupies the White House.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Lol thats funny but i think all your Presidents suck , do you like having morons leading you?

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Lets get rid of these people who are making our lives bad and get some decent ones.

There aren't many men and women left on the political stage (in either party) I'd bother voting for these days. Most of them have been compromised or bought off.

The few good ones are marginalized, to say the least. A good example is my man Texas Congressman Ron Paul, (R.). He would be a great leader. And he was against this farce from day one.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I wonder if in our elite political parties you can find a "Few good men or women" anymore.

It seems that all are feed by the same spoon.

You have Rumsfeld, Condi and Mr Bush comments on the war in Iraq all going against each others and the propaganda that was fed to us to support the war appealing on our patriotism.

I guess we can only be so patriotic onces the reasons start to run out.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I guess we can only be so patriotic onces the reasons start to run out.

The meaning of patriotic has been twisted beyond belief.

To me, patriotic should mean - looking out for troops. And demanding accountability from those who sent them off to war on false pretenses.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I know what you mean by the new definition of patriotism. To Bush and his flunkies, that means if you criticize the government, you're with the terrorists.

To me, if you praise Bush and Company, you're with the terrorists!
Want to find a nice huge terror cell? Look in the White House!

I like Ron Paul too. It's too bad that you can count the good guys on one hand and have fingers left over....

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
But just wait. On Tuesday night Bush will stand up before the American people and give us his plan for Iraq. Oh and he will do it from a military base where the attendees are obligated by the military conduct code to respect him.

Why doesn't he give the same speech without the forced cheering section?

And I say forced due to the fact I have a cousin in Iraq. We have been lucky enough to talk occasionally and when I asked him about what soldiers feel about Bush he said the media is wrong. They are not walking advertisments for that president, although it is a healthy mix. They want to come home, they are tired, they are not seeing progress they need and they are understaffed and ill equiped. Now he did not like Kerry either but Bush he says is not the "god" we are lead the believe the military thinks he is.

I sent him email about this speech to see what he thinks, his response "figures he would go somewhere that booing in the audience would lead to an instant deployement order".

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
My husband's brother has a stepson over in Iraq too. My sister-in-law worries for his safety constantly--that's her youngest child. Her second son lost his wife and unborn son (she was 8 months along) in a car accident a few months ago, and she doesn't need this stress.

I say support the troops--get them out of there now!

I support the troops, but not unconstitutional wars!

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   

as posted by ECK

And why is that?
Is it because some apparently do not see things as you or others, therefore, they are too patriotic for you?
Is it because some apparently do not see things as you or others, therefore, they call you un-patriotic?

as posted by Amethyst
To Bush and his flunkies, that means if you criticize the government, you're with the terrorists.

Do you really know what patriotic means?
"Flunkies" are whom, Amethyst? Care to clarify? Would that be those that make up Bush's staff? Would that be those who, God forbid, support Bush? Just who exactly would those "flunkies" be?

BTW, "good guys" is subjective, not objective these days or have you noticed? Seems terrorist have become insurgents and freedom fighters and some here have come to place high regard in them. Go figure....

seekerof

[edit on 25-6-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

as posted by Amethyst
To Bush and his flunkies, that means if you criticize the government, you're with the terrorists.

"Flunkies" are whom, Amethyst? Care to clarify? Would that be those that make up Bush's staff? Would that be those who, God forbid, support Bush? Just who exactly would those "flunkies" be?

BTW, "good guys" is subjective, not objective these days or have you noticed? Seems terrorist have become insurgents and freedom fighters and some here have come to place high regard in them. Go figure....

seekerof

By "flunkies" I mean anyone in government that's kissing Bush's posterior...and that's most of Congress.

Patriotism is love for one's country. Not love for one's government. It's because I'm a patriot that I voted for a candidate that would have restored the Constitution. And it wasn't a Democrat, nor was it a Republican.

I care about America. It saddens me that our government is so corrupt and are hell-bent on destroying this nation. We've been on the way down for quite some time, and it seems that our fall has been accelerating since 9/11.

Those "God bless America" stickers really offend me. Who in their right mind thinks God should bless this mess? I say America--Bless God!

Or better yet--Repent America.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I've said it once and I'll say it again.... there could be video evidence of Bush shooting up a schoolyard and the clowns running congress wouldn't impeach him. Not enough character and backbone running our government.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
And that is exactly the problem, Amethyst and Indy, those elected officials in Congress and Senate....the very ones that are voted in by the likes of most of us.

If "accountability" should be demanded from the POTUS, then equally, "accountability" should likewise be demanded of Congress and Senate at the same time. Agreed?

seekerof

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Hell yes. Those b**tards have spent decades serving everyone but the American people. I think they all should be tossed out on their collective fat, lazy a**es.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   

And that is exactly the problem, Amethyst and Indy, those elected officials
If "accountability" should be demanded from the POTUS, then equally, "accountability" should likewise be demanded of Congress and Senate at the same time. Agreed?

seekerof

Definitely. Congress should have to obey the Constitution too, not do end run-arounds. The government is supposed to serve the people, not the other way around.

What's that quote--When the government fears the people, there's freedom. When the people fear the government, there's tyranny.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 01:30 AM
link   

as posted by ECK

And why is that?
Is it because some apparently do not see things as you or others, therefore, they are too patriotic for you?
Is it because some apparently do not see things as you or others, therefore, they call you un-patriotic?

as posted by Amethyst

You're gettin kind of sensitive there, Seekerof.

Twisted beyond belief is pretty clear. If you don't prance around with a shiny little flag lapel pin, talking the inane and utterly foolish Republicrat party line, you must be with terrorists.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Lol thats funny but i think all your Presidents suck , do you like having morons leading you?

You sound like a very cool-headed, person who knows what he's talking about...

<<   2  3  4 >>

join