It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public isn't buying Bush's 'fake reality show'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone

Originally posted by Bulldog 52
Lol thats funny but i think all your Presidents suck , do you like having morons leading you?

You sound like a very cool-headed, person who knows what he's talking about...

Actually he does.

A little ruff around the edges, maybe.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Here's an interesting piece from Sheila Samples, an Oklahoma freelance writer and a former civilian US Army Public Information Officer.

THE FANTASTICAL WORLD OF STUDLEY MCMUFFIN
By Sheila Samples

Is there a single psychologist or phychiatrist in this country -- in any country -- who would be willing to put his or her credibility on the line and say that George W. Bush is not a bloodthirsty lunatic, a liar and a fool?

I thought not.

I am finding it more and more difficult to hear what he is saying. Each time Bush opens his mouth, he seems to be attempting to channel a loon, but unfortunately, its weird cries are all but drowned out by the maniacal barking of a hyena. That would be fine if he were out in the Texas boonies with the rest of the loons and hyenas rather than illegally occupying the chair reserved for our elected head of state -- arguably the most powerful man in the world.
www.whatreallyhappened.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Hi Guys.

I have been reading this whole thread, and I chose to respond to it because I have been having some thoughts on what would happen if Bush were to be impeached. However, let me first say that I really enjoy it here in the ATS forums, and from the moment I joined, which was only in January of this year, I just couldn't stay away. But somehow, in the short five months that I've been here, the atmosphere (at least my interpretation of it) has gone from having the feel of one big family. Sure, some will have their differences, but somehow that feeling of closeness and family seems to have deteriorated into a bunch of more distant people who for the most part it seems now, are not here on a mutual mission, but seem to each have their own personal mission of proving that they're right and everyone else is wrong - and, vice-versa. This thread is a common example of that feeling - at least to me, I can't speak for anyone else.

O.K., that out of the way, there are a couple of things and thoughts I would like to add......

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
I guess the American public is finally catching on to the lies told by this administration. No matter how they try and spin this war, reality is setting in. Could impeachment hearings be around the corner?

At first thought, the idea of "Banning Bush", watching him finally topple from that proverbial "high horse" he's been riding for way to long sounds just great! But, what happens when the celebration is over?

Chenney automatically steps right in to finnish out the rest of this term. Then, he quite feasibly could run for his "first" term in 2008, as an incumbent! Then, I'm sure that if he hadn't already have done so, he wouldn't waste much time finnishing up placing his own "yes-men" in all the key positions. By then, the neo-cons would have had adequate time to have placed a strong foothold in the whitehouse, and be very difficult to budge. Then, Chenney would be eligible to run for a second term in 2012 (the question of, "what is supposed to happen in 2012?" pops up quite often). I wonder if Chenney winning/buying - whatever - the election that year just might have something to do with that. (just a thought)

So, hypothetically, if Bush were to be impeached say, sometime this year, it would be quite possible that we could have Dick Chenney as President for the next 11 years! With that thought in mind, I personally would rather take the lesser of the evils and put up with GWB for the next 3 years, have a shot at getting that whole group out of there, and attempt to start over fresh. But, then again, something bugs me about that. If I can figure that out, me, just a person with no political background, then surely Chenney and his cronies have thought of it long before I did. Perhaps they want to use Bush for as long as possible to fit their own agendas, and wait until his term is almost up and then impeach him? Maybe? I don't know. It is rather unsettling though, the whole thing.

On a lighter note, from this same thread:

Originally posted by Amethyst
Patriotism is love for one's country. Not love for one's government. It's because I'm a patriot that I voted for a candidate that would have restored the Constitution. And it wasn't a Democrat, nor was it a Republican. I care about America. It saddens me that our government is so corrupt and are hell-bent on destroying this nation.

Amethyst, I have to agree with you 100% in regards to true Patriotism.

One last thing, I had to laugh when I saw on the mainstream news a couple of nights ago, Chenney was blatantly lying right into the camera, saying that the "insurgency" was under control and just about over with and defeated (something to that effect), then, right afterward, they put on a Military Man who claimed just the opposite, that the insurgency was just as bad as ever, if not worse. Then, the newscaster said that when they tried to ask the President about this, he ignored the question.

Yeah, I would say that trying to "re-package" the war isn't going to go over so well.

Thanks for listening.

CyberKat

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Hey Cyberkat. Good to hear from you.

If Bush was impeached, Cheney and Rumsfeld would be drug right down the same drain. They are all innit up to their pointy ears.

Take a look at this thread, it explains what I see happening in the next few years.

politics.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Sorry bout that.

Here's the link:

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Yeah, I read your post a couple weeks ago.

There Won't Be A Presidential Election in '08

Dick Cheney has made it clear he will not run for president in 2008.

Bush does not have a clear successor.

This may well be Rovian sleight of hand.

Remember, Tecumseh's Curse is still in effect.

What if... the unspeakable happened?

What if Cheney didn't have to run?

What if...?

Assassination. Martial Law.

President Cheney, GOP Cabal for life.

I had not forgotten completely, as I too had been toying with the idea that Marshall Law would be called near the end of Bush's term. Although, basically your post, quoted here, and my post just above, are really not so different in their outcome.

But when I was wondering about Bush calling Marshall Law near the end of his term, I thought the motive would be to keep him, GWB in office for life.

I guess either way though, if one or the other neo-con calls for Marshall Law in the near future, we're f*cked!

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Good to know.

Think about Tecumseh's curse and how expendable Dubya really seems. He doesn't even know that. The only thing he's got goin for him is his daddy and the family name.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Sorry bout that.

Here's the link:

That's O.K., I got there anyway. I did want to add one thing I forgot, though. You opened with the statement that Chenney has made it quite clear that he has no intention of running for president. I have to say though, that I heard him say that on camera for the benefit of the public, who knows if there is truth to that statement in reality or not? (That was all)

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by CyberKat
I have to say though, that I heard him say that on camera for the benefit of the public, who knows if there is truth to that statement in reality or not? (That was all)

At this point, how can anybody believe anything that guy sez? He and Rummy probly sit around sipping scotch talking about what a dolt junior is.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Good to know.

Think about Tecumseh's curse and how expendable Dubya really seems. He doesn't even know that. The only thing he's got goin for him is his daddy and the family name.

That and he was elected President of the United States twice!!

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
You got it on that.. he was elected twice but why the controversy over how the voting was monitored apparently to the Republican side.

Dallas

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas

You got it on that.. he was elected twice but why the controversy over how the voting was monitored apparently to the Republican side.

Dallas

Oh no!! The BS alarm is going off!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Actually wasn't there questions on voting iregularities verging on criminal in BOTH of his elections? Just as thought - has that ever happened before?

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I think its about time you Americans changed your system of electing a President, its all about money and not whats best for the people. The ones controlling George Bush are the ones who financed his election. George is doing what his financial backers want him to do, no wonder the US is in dire straits. Get someone free from the shackles of big business to lead you, if you cant find anyone i think George Galloway might be interested.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
If we can have a president with the gift of our founding fathers all this mess made by bush and his corporate buddies can be fixed...

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The entire Bush administration is clueless. Here is a CNN headline today...

" U.S. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld on Sunday called Iran's presidential election invalid and the winner 'no friend of democracy.'"

I'm thinking there are many Americans that feel the same way about the last 2 elections and the same way about your current president. Rumsfeld is such a moron.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Hooray! Another my side is better than your side, bash this bash that, political thread. Man, these threads always solve so much and they bring a special kind of class to ATS. Shouldn’t this thread be posted in one of the many political sections of these forums?

[edit on 26-6-2005 by zerotime]

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Passer By
Actually wasn't there questions on voting iregularities verging on criminal in BOTH of his elections? Just as thought - has that ever happened before?

It's nothing new. Just the technology (voting software).

Lyndon Johnson did it. So did Daley for Kennedy.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
The entire Bush administration is clueless. Here is a CNN headline today...
" U.S. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld on Sunday called Iran's presidential election invalid and the winner 'no friend of democracy.'"

He's one to talk!

There is no way George W. Bush could win a real election.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime

Hooray! Another my side is better than your side, bash this bash that, political thread. Man, these threads always solve so much and they bring a special kind of class to ATS. Shouldn’t this thread be posted in one of the many political sections of these forums?

And you're wasting your time on this thread because....?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join