It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Gorbeachev Contacted?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Ok so i cant spell the guy's name. But Gorby was the last of the Commie leaders that oversaw the end of the USSR and is generaly credited for bringing the Cold War to an end. Even today Gorby is very passionate on issues such as the environment etc. I have often wondered if he was contacted or knew somnething that made him do what he did. Or is he just a nice guy who decided the world needed to change?

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I have heard rumors that the USSR Presidency was cursed, so that only the man who would end communism would survive in office. But I can't even find a list of USSR Presidents (or whatever the proper title was) with dates in office. Apparently nobody likes to talk about the string of short-termed leaders before Gorby.
Either that, or I'm just wrong.

BTW, the people that allegedly cursed the USSR leadership are, alternatively, the Jews (specifically the real Orthodox Jewish Messiah who allegedly was young then but still hasn't been revealed), or the Christians, especially the Catholics and Orthodox. But who knows, it could have been gypsies or anybody else for all I know, I just haven't heard them take credit.

But anyway, like I said, I have trouble confirming the simplist historical facts of who was in office immediately before Gorby and how long they lasted.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
First of all, the collapse of the Soviet Union was as much of a surprise to Gorbachev as it was to anyone else. He certainly didn't intend for it to happen.

Do you have any evidence whatsoever that UFOs contacted Gorbachev or is this thread pure speculation?

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
im not sure about any of this but ill look around my house if i can find any books or ill just ask some1 i should know it but eh i left russia when i was 3 so w/e but ill try to find out

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I was too young to really remember the fall of the Soviet Union. I was only 14 when it happened. I knew it was a good thing, but what actually happened?

They didn't teach us this in History Class either. They told us the fall was because of the Stealth Bomber and that Russian spent billions on radar equipment.

But what happened to their economy? Did their stock market just crash one day and the satillite states wrote a declaration of seperation...the end ???

Just because Communism in USSR fell, doesn't mean that they don't want to take over the world anymore... it just means that found a better way to raise capital for it. I often ask myself, are they really now our friends? Can we share world power forever?

Please I would like to know more about The Fall of USSR. Who was president of US when USSR fell? Was it Reagan or Bush Sr. ?

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Here's a list I found... don't know how accurate it is, however.

www.wikimirror.com...

Scroll down to the bottom. There is a somewhat confusing table of the leadership, including dates. Hope this helps somewhat.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
gobachov was credited for ending the cold war

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by russiankid
gobachov was credited for ending the cold war

russiankid, look up to the right on the screen, it'll say you have "u2u's" there. They're private messages.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Well yes i was speculating of course!! Not like i rung Gorby and said did Ailens knock on the dorr to the Kremlin?
However i had wondered becuase Ronald Regan was President at the time Gorby was in office and he famously said that he wondered if the world would unite if ailens posed a threat to the planet, it was during a speech to the UN. Gorby said he would cooperate with military assistance if ever such a scenario did occur.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
From what I understand , it was the fall of the Berlin Wall that brought down the Soviet Union. That was an accident.

It all started when in semi- crisis a politician accidently read something on Live T.V. he wasn't supposed to read, this led to confusion , and people started gathering at the main gate of the berlin wall , demanding to be let through.

No one knew if they were to open the gate , or not . The guards at the gate by this time beginning to be over run by the crowds of people , were waiting , and trying to get orders as to how to control the situation.

Someone then gave the order to open the gate , by the time the order was rescinded , it was to late , and the Berlin Wall was being destroyed by the masses.

It was the Proverbial " Straw that broke the Camels back".

Gorby didn't want this to happen , anymore than anyone else in the power structure of the Party.

At least thats the way I thought it went down.

Well I wasn't to far off, anyway. www.fsmitha.com...

In mid-October 1989, mounting dissent in East Germany was followed by the Politburo there replacing Eric Honneker, hoping this would quiet dissent. But Honneker was replaced with another hardliner, and the dissent continued. On October 25, Gorbachev announced that the Warsaw Pact nations "were doing it their way," described by some as the Sinatra Doctrine -- as opposed to the Brezhnev Doctrine. Under pressure from a more rebellious public, the East German regime tried appeasing public opinion. To reduce the "contradiction" between the Party line and public perceptions, and the Party admitted publicly that its regime was not popular.

On November 9, the Communist regime in East Germany went further in appeasing public opinion by announcing liberalized travel regulations. Inept in its communications, the regime led people in East Berlin to believe that this meant they could journey freely into West Berlin. A hoard of people massed at border crossing points, overwhelming the guards, who let the joyous crowd pass. The happy East Germans flocked to West German stores to make purchases and they rejoiced with West Berliners.

The freedom to cross into West Germany further encouraged people in East Germany, and the Communist regime surrendered to an aroused populace. In November the Berlin Wall came down -- to Gorbachev's surprise. President Reagan had called on Gorbachev to "tear down this wall," but Gorbachev had left that as the business of the East Germans, and apparently he had expected the Communists to remain in power there.

[edit on 25-6-2005 by lost_shaman]

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The list Rasputin posted show that the two leaders previous to Gorby were in office less than a year each, which is consistent with the curse theory. I don't think Gorby intended to dismantle the USSR though, only to institute some reforms.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
So...what you are saying is that Communism lost favor with its citizens,...they rose up and threw out everyone in government and created their own? Was it really the people leading this revolt? Was foriegn aid coming in to help the revolution?

So USSR is now called Russia. Just because they changed their name, does that make them any less of a threat to us? When they were commis didn't they want to take over the world? So now they don't want that anymore?

A think the American Media has done a great job of making us think Russia is not the same as the USSR, and is not a threat like USSR was. They can still destroy us on any day they chose.

And now all of a sudden they are our allies... and they get AID and FOOD from us!

And NOW Putin is making new nukes...when they agreed on no new nukes. Although Bush has pretty much thrown out all of the rules of the old doctrines anyway with weapons in space and Star Wars.

Do you think Russia, the nation formerly known as USSR, is really as weak as we are told, and are they truly our allies or do they want to be better than us and rule for themselves?

Reagan was an actor, so the Commi's decided to put on an act!
Was the fall of communism faked to make America feel like it was superior, creating a false sense of security for a final strategic war that would destroy Russia's greatest enemy.

I'm sorry what was the question?

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Aliens, w2h, aliens.

I'm willing to bet that this is one of those areas where mankind just up and did something for itself for once.

God forbid.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006
So...what you are saying is that Communism lost favor with its citizens,...they rose up and threw out everyone in government and created their own? Was it really the people leading this revolt? Was foriegn aid coming in to help the revolution?

So USSR is now called Russia. Just because they changed their name, does that make them any less of a threat to us? When they were commis didn't they want to take over the world? So now they don't want that anymore?

A think the American Media has done a great job of making us think Russia is not the same as the USSR, and is not a threat like USSR was. They can still destroy us on any day they chose.

And now all of a sudden they are our allies... and they get AID and FOOD from us!

And NOW Putin is making new nukes...when they agreed on no new nukes. Although Bush has pretty much thrown out all of the rules of the old doctrines anyway with weapons in space and Star Wars.

Do you think Russia, the nation formerly known as USSR, is really as weak as we are told, and are they truly our allies or do they want to be better than us and rule for themselves?

Reagan was an actor, so the Commi's decided to put on an act!
Was the fall of communism faked to make America feel like it was superior, creating a false sense of security for a final strategic war that would destroy Russia's greatest enemy.

I'm sorry what was the question?

I was reading your post and thinking that I should respond to it, but I dont know where to start. Are you being serious? It's the year 2005 and you sound like a spooked 12 year old who's just seen "Red Dawn". No offence.

OK, the USSR was a oppressive country (especially before Glasnost and Gorby), but you'r stating that it's somekind of historical fact that the leaders of Soviet Union were plotting to take over the whole world 24/7. And like that is not enought, you are seriously speculating whether the Russians today want peace or if they'r really just waiting for a right moment to kill everybody in North America. Where does all this paranoia come from? Even we Finns dont fear the Ruskies like you do even though they tried to invade us in WW2. Consider that the Soviets were quite reasonable bunch even in the old Bond movies. During the cold war US was a threat to them the same way they were to you.

Weapons in space and Star Wars new doctrines??? Star Wars was a Reagans fantasy some 20 years ago that went nowhere. And this weapons in space thing is just an idea. It's not reality nor even seriously on the table.

Ofcource Putin wants to build new nukes. It's because USA is planning this new missile defence system. And it' not because Putin wants to nuke you. It's all politics. It's unlikely that any defence system could ever eliminate the threat that even the current missiles pose, so the Russians are just making sure. If something would make their nukes ineffective then they would lose their super power status - simple as that. Nuclear weapons are used merely for political gain. Take any nuclear power: India, Pakistan, France, US or whatever. Nukes give power and leverage in the world stage. Nobody want's to actually use them. The Israelis use them to scare their neighbours so they would never attack. North Korea uses them to get more and more foreign aid and so on and so on...

BTW. If Russia still was a threat there wouldn't be any need for Osama Bin Laden, would there?
But that's a complitely different issue for a complitely different discussion, so I wont even go there.

Cheers, Flyn

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I was reading your post and thinking that I should respond to it, but I dont know where to start. Are you being serious? It's the year 2005 and you sound like a spooked 12 year old who's just seen "Red Dawn". No offence.

Red Dawn was an awesome movie! Does anyone know if its made it from VHS to DVD? I'd love to get it if so.

As for Gorbeachev meeting aliens, it could be possible. The radiation from their ship could have caused the red blotting on his bald head!

And just a tip for those who don't know... when you get to meet Gorbeachev, it's called a "Gorbasm". I've never had the pleasure, but I hope to someday shake his hand and have a Gorbasm of my own!

top topics

join