It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man hit by Lightning at a Funeral

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Slovenia, Brezovica - A 62-year old Man was hit by a Lightning Bolt on a Funeral on Wednesday.

After a long hot day, a Powerful Storm came in and around the city of Ljubljana. There was a Funeral in the village of Brezovica and the Lightning hit this 62-year old Man, who was holding an Iron Cross for the Funeral.

Because of the Impact several People were thrown to the ground, severly injuring the 62-year old and wounding 74-year old Man.

Both of them were taken to the Hospital, but the 62-year old Man died later in the Hospital.

The World Gone Crazy...

Translated and adopted from:

24ur.com

[edit on 25/6/05 by Souljah]

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Shocking, truly shocking!

Or is it a sign...

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by KhieuSamphan
Shocking, truly shocking!

Or is it a sign...

Well one thing is Certain - DO NOT carry an Iron Cross to the Middle of the Storm!

And when this happened, my Friend that lives near the village of Brezovica told me, that there was a severe Power Cut.

To me, the Irony of this Event is Scary - Funeral, Storm, Lightning, another one Dead.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Not a sign but another reason why not too hold onto a metal object during a lightning storm. It's common sense. It is sad to hear such a thing since a loved one was lost to someone.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   
He he, it's like when people play golf in a storm, or shelter under a tree.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
Not a sign but another reason why not too hold onto a metal object during a lightning storm. It's common sense. It is sad to hear such a thing since a loved one was lost to someone.

There is one more Thing:

I dont Recall these Storms being so Powerful in the Past.

I think that the entire Climate is Changing, and Summers are really Hotter then before, meaning that More Severe Storms are Forming, as the result of this Heat.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Thats funny in a sick way.

I gotta wonder, why was he carrying a cross made of Iron, I thought they were made of ceramic material, and why did'nt he drop it when he saw there was a storm?

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I bet the guy was extremely 'cross' after he got struck.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
I gotta wonder, why was he carrying a cross made of Iron, I thought they were made of ceramic material, and why did'nt he drop it when he saw there was a storm?

To Carry the Iron Cross to a Funeral was like a Tradition here, I guess.

And I have no Idea why he did not drop it.

The Article does not say.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
HAHAHAHAHA wow some of u guys r freaking hilarious.

How big of a jerk do you have to be when you're making fun of a man who died. At a funeral no less. I see no humor in this.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Only way this could be funny is if it struck the dead guy and he came back to life. Or if someone was carrying a freaking lightning rod/metal cross and was struck.(that was sarcasm, that's what happened, so it is funny)

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Im sure if you asked the family if they thought it was funny, they'd probably kill you. I really don't see how people find this funny. The only time people dying is funny is if its
1. a terrorist
2. a movie
3. someone who deserves it

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
The point that he died is not what is funny, it is how he died,
he was carrying a large chunk of metal in a storm, everyone knows thats a big no-no, yet he continued carrying it.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Ha ha, as usual, the humour deficient element within ATS is out in force.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
The point that he died is not what is funny, it is how he died,
he was carrying a large chunk of metal in a storm, everyone knows thats a big no-no, yet he continued carrying it.

Perhaps he just had his mind on other things - it was after all a funeral.

For those who think this story is amusing then I feel sorry for you. Can you just imagine for one minute the impact of this freak death on those who were already in mourning? I just hope you are never placed in a similar situation. Then again if you are and people fall about laughing then I am sure you will understand.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lady of the Lake
For those who think this story is amusing then I feel sorry for you.

Oh come now. Surely you have heard of black humour.
If you think one is laughing at the actual fact that a man has died, then I am sorry to disappoint you, so you can just stop with this mock outrage at once.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by KhieuSamphan
Oh come now. Surely you have heard of black humour......you can just stop with this mock outrage at once.

Naturally I have heard of black humour and in fact my humour can be very dark but in I draw the line on this one.

Mock outrage? No, just diappointment with the human race sometimes.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I draw my line here too. I always laugh at other peoples misfortunes but this guy was old and at a funeral. You would think that if their was a "God" that he would've protected this guy or stopped it from happaning.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Yep folks - Irony at its most Cruel Level.

Imagine what this Village will think now of this Family - that it is Cursed!

Funeral - Storm - Lightning - Dead Man - its a Curse for Generations!

This summer is gonna get really Hot.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I believe lightning can strike from clouds that are up to 10 miles away,
so it may not be stormy where you are and you still might get zapped.

If these people should become superstitious as a result of this, who could blame them?

I would be wondering about all sorts of things. Maybe we are naturally superstitious.

forgetting the poor guy who died it seems almost funny in a macabre way.

top topics

join