It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debate Tournament Commentary

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Do you suppose it was just that hard to decide one or more of the debates? I personally thought at least two of them were VERY close in terms of performance.

Perhaps they are waiting for the checks to clear?

[$O$]

[edit on 7/19/2005 by thelibra]

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Did you send a check?

No wonder this is taking so long!

When participating in a silent auction for judges, it's imperative to send cash in briefcases carried by menacing men!

Amateur...

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   

When participating in a silent auction for judges, it's imperative to send cash in briefcases carried by menacing men!

Amateur...

What? No! You never send cash in the mail, that's a surefire way to see that it never reaches its destination.

...and besides, I meant the other checks.

You know... The other checks?

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
No, I said

It's all about style.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   

No, I said

It's all about style.

If I had some menacing men whom I could trust enough to carry large amounts of cash and not steal from me, why do you think I would bother sending cash, when I could just send them?

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I'm available for contract work normally, but I'm afraid my conflict of interest in this particular case might prevent me from completing the assignment.

It'd be so much easier to replace the money in your briefcase with a nasty note along the lines of "HAcks0red yr M0mz LASt Nt F00lz!"

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra
If I had some menacing men whom I could trust enough to carry large amounts of cash and not steal from me, why do you think I would bother sending cash, when I could just send them?

Speaking of which... I'm looking for work. Have temper, will travel.
As far as hired goons go, I'm not THAT big, but the average joe would certainly take the hint if I showed up at his door.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
vagabond
Stop poaching my territory foo!

But, hey, on a totally unrelated topic, do you suppose they'll ever do a Fallout 3?

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Don't the peopel that did Morrowwind ownt he rights to FO? I dont know how a company that can't make dialoge can dream of making a game like Fallout 3

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Hmmmm... WyrdeOne and Vagabond, if you want positions as my henchmen, we'll be happy to have you aboard. It's hard to find good henchmen. The pay is two extra potato rations above what a standard follower of mine would receive.

As for FO3... technically, just numerically, there've been...what...4? Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout Tactics, and Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel. I've played the first three, but heard BoS was a steaming pile of grunt. I heard the Morrowind company was working the title though. Hope they do a decent job. I'd like to see their magic weapon creation engine used with tech for Fallout, except with parts instead of soul gems. Anyone play the precursor to the FO series, "Wasteland"?

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
ahhh... any true fan blantently disregards Fallout Tactics. Fallout is meant to be kept as a turn based tile based game. Morrowwind people have a lot to live up to ... and making cutsey weapons from parts seems like they're on the wrong path, imho.

Yeah I played Wasteland in my day. It's a very hard game and I never beat it, but it was very cool for its time.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
OTS won his debate, it was just posted.

I think this debate was a bit of a coin toss, since one side was a heavy favorite.

I think most would agree it was an uphill battle all the way to try and prove ancient civilizations had technology far in advance of our own. That's rough.

Good job guys, you really did make it interesting to read, and highly informative also.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Well, I saw that I advanced to the semifinals of the debate, "beating" Memory Shock.

You want to know the difference between Memory Shock and me?

If I'd been given his thesis to debate, I would've resigned on the spot!

My esteemed colleague Memory Shock took on a thesis that was well nigh impossible (IMO) to debate and just about tore me up. He is a superior debater by any measure, and I am truly honored to have crossed swords with such a gallant foe.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
As noticed, the results are now all in. Round 3 should start in about four (4) days. Congratulations and good luck to all who are continuing.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

external image

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Good job guys, you really did make it interesting to read, and highly informative also.

Thanks WyrdeOne, and OTS..........

Any of you can imagine my initial reaction when I learned I was 'to bunk' against the debunker of all debunkers!

Would you believe that both of my topics were taken on without any prior experience in either subject.......I did the cram of all crams for the Crusade debate and the Tech debate really only had conspiracy sites for support......which I knew full well could and would be dissected to ineffectivity by Off_The_Street........suffice to say I was grabbing at straws most of the way........

But an enjoyable debate it was and I look forward to throwing my hat in the ring come winter time......

Off_The_Street
You were my initial pick for the finals........and being mentioned in the same breath as yours, considering my awareness of your online presence despite our lack of encounterance, is truly an honor...........I think thelibra needs a bit of a reality check..

Good Luck to all of the semi-finalists!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Not to make you guys thirsty, but these next debates are going to be awesome.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
Not to make you guys thirsty, but these next debates are going to be awesome.

Well it's not like the topics could be any worse really.....

Well done to my opponent. What I said in the U2U times 10!!!!

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Well...

The next round should be exciting indeed. There exists the potential for a major upset I'd say...

I've gotta thank my opponent in the last round for making me work hard for what I thought would be a free lunch. JJ really acted the part of the gentleman, even after he was on the receiving end of a judgement call that ended up wiping one of his posts. He was the consumate 'good sport', which makes competition that much more enjoyable.

Here's looking forward to the nex round.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Well, WyrdeOne, you put up one heck of a fight. Great job, and enjoy the next round; you have some stiff competition ahead of you!

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
First, let me say that Howmuchisthedoggy did a fantastic job of arguing a nearly impossible standpoint. Had the tables been turned, I have little doubt that he would have won, because like OTS, I might've just resigned then and there. So big props, 'dog, for everything.

Secondly, I'd like to congratulate everyone who has competed so far, not just the winners. Just the fact that you have entered means a thirst for education and conversation far beyond that of the average Joe.

Thirdly, my condolences to the other semi-finalists. If you thought it was tough before, it's about to get a lot more so. You are all debating against candidates that have proven themselves, and will need every ounce of time and research available to you. So you might as well cancel your plans for the next week or two. It's gonna be a rollercoaster.

Finally, to my minions out there, you know what to do.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join