It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHARON CONSIDERING ATTACK ON IRAN'S NUCLEAR REACTOR?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Mok -

Stabalize the region??? I outlined what I believe to be problems with Iran and nukes earlier here, feel free to scroll up and read my earlier posts - not to mention their domestic problems (student protests, etc).

But, I have got to hand it to you Moku, you're willing to put a lot more faith into oppressive Islamic fundamentalist dictatorships than I.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
But, I have got to hand it to you Moku, you're willing to put a lot more faith into oppressive Islamic fundamentalist dictatorships than I.

Faith ? Political rationality is enough, and Iran is politically very predictable, has good relations and strong commercial ties to most nations (except US, Saddam, and Israel) Ok, they have a mind of their own and internal conflicts. But that's not related to atomic energy. When would be the use nuclear weapons be in the political rationality of Iran ? Never, except for self-defence. Anything else is your fantasy...

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Does Israeli want to start WWIII???A pre-emptive strike would throw the middle east into war. Lets hope it doesn't happen

Originally posted by infinite
Iran have always wanted to create a nulcear bomb. If they had one, the world will become a dangerous place

Infinite, I am a bit confused looking at those 2 quotes of yours. Are you saying that the reactor must be taken out but by anyone other than Israel? Please clarify.

Skadi, CA et al... great job defending another small group that oppresses it's millions of residents. Human shield positions are awaiting you folks in front of teheran's reactor. Bon voyage.

To those who do possess common sense, understand that Gulf War I would've been nuclear had Israel not taken that reactor out in the 80's. Ignore that fact though because it doesn't fit your agenda. Or perhaps it wouldn't have gone that far and the US would've taken it out instead. That would've been ok right?

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Moku, claiming that Iran would only use Nuclear weapons in self defense shows that you have no experience or knowledge in the area of foreign relations. Nations that fund terrorist bombings of civilian targets would only use a super powerful weapons to defend themselves?

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I doubt Iran will perfect a nuclear weapon in the near future, and even if they do war is not inevitable. The Iranian people would not stand for a war that they could not win.

Having said that, I think the Israelis need a good kicking, they're always too quick to attack, knowing that they have the governments of the entire western world by the balls.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Cider, I'm sorry but I must wonder...what planet were you living on when you thought that the Iranian citizenship has the slightest bit of a say in what their unstable leadership decides? They are ruled by a small body who does things along the lines of cut your head off for looking at a married woman. If the Iranian rulers decide to fire off a bomb, there isn't a damn thing the common folk can/will do about it.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 05:47 PM
link   
sorry about that Djarums, i'll explain. I believe the reactor should be sorted out by the International community i.e the UN. I believe that, if sharon went in alone, would throw the middle east into war. The attack would be seen as a "jewish attack on muslims" and make the middle east more unstable. A UN attack or diplomatic soultion is likey not to lead to more problems in the middle east. But for the UN route to work, powerful countries have to be involved i.e US,UK,France,Germany,Russia etc.

[Edited on 18-8-2003 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 06:43 PM
link   
No argument there Infinite. I do have to ask though, do you honestly think any action will ever be taken by the UN? They seem to be rather ineffective and irrelevant lately? Also I wonder if they will have time to take any action re: Iran since most of their time is spent passing anti-israel resolutions that no one takes seriously anymore anyways.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Good to Israel! Remember they did the same thing in the 1970's to Iraq (reactor courtesy of France, btw). At the time America criticiized Isreael's actions. In 20/20 hindsight it was wise. Now taking out Iran's uraniom facillities would be much better if the Israelli's did it. We don't need the Arab world thinking America is on some sort of a crusade.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Well Freddie, I see your point, and it's not like anything Israel could do would make Iran hate them any more anyways

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Just found these:

"Iran Threatens Israel On Nuclear Reactors"
www.jpost.com.../A/JPArticle/PrinterFull&cid=1061262860455

"Iran Warns Israel Against Attacking Future Nuclear Installations"
www.foxnews.com...

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   
There is no way Iran is shutting down it's nuclear reactor and stop installations to start another one! First it is backed by Russia, it gave'em capabilities to start a nuclear reactor in the first place. Isreal bomed the facility in Iraq no problem, because it had no alies at the time. BUT... bomding Iran would be a HUGE mistake toward Isreal's national security and the world's. the only way is to fine Russia then pressuring the government to pressure Iran to shut down, if Russia does not do so war will be inevitable

[Edited on 19-8-2003 by hellfireburns]

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Alright ppl think of it this way... Let's say you are Sharon, leader of the state of Israel your people, your ideology has been persecuted for maybe even thousands of years to this day. They managed to gain a country of their own from the brits. Then Isreal's arab neighbours even tried to invade them, catching them by surprise but in the end they had succeded with the slaughter of the Egyptian air force, the decimation of the Syrian air force the occuption of Palestine etc..etc.. Now one of their neighbours who hate them are developing nuclear power... Now I don't know about you but I do not think they are developing nuclear power as an alternative fuel source they are probably trying to make nukes to use as a trump card.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Good Find Cold Anger this story is true there is the possibilty this may take place with in the next two weeks. I would be getting some storeable foods water and other things right about now.

We are in for a hard time next month,

Falcon

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I think a proper step at this time would be for everyone to admit that it's clear Iran is not seeking nuclear power to keep their feet warm at night. Let's get real.

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
Cider, I'm sorry but I must wonder...what planet were you living on when you thought that the Iranian citizenship has the slightest bit of a say in what their unstable leadership decides? They are ruled by a small body who does things along the lines of cut your head off for looking at a married woman. If the Iranian rulers decide to fire off a bomb, there isn't a damn thing the common folk can/will do about it.

Did you hear about the student protests in the streets of Iran recently? That was over civil liberties. Do you think the whole population would sit back and do as they are told if their government starts a suicidal war? I think they might just revolt instead, just my opinion though.

But then you've been watching the TV news. So you must be right.

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Isreal makes no moves without complete support from the US first. None. This fact is widely known to anyone who gets their information from outside the American media.

[There are no friends anywhere]

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 12:27 AM
link   
i cant blam the zionist for doing that. they did it to the iraqi's after the french gave them a Nuke reactor. the iranians would probally build bombs with the reactor and then give them to terrorist for use on the US or isreal. heck we might even take it out.

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Now, Estragon may have been reading the wrong comics, but I do recall that the conventional wisdom on the half-century of relative global peace following 1945 was the doctrine of MAD: the USSR and the USA were roughly equal in weaponry.
Why is it unthinkable that a counter-balance to Irael's monopoly of nuclear weaponry in the region might be conducive to peace?

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Because the US can, in essence, "constrain" Israel from using nukes....who would do likewise to Iran?
I'm not certain if this answers what you asking Est. but it sounded good to me.

*shrug* I may and am probably wrong....

regards
seekerof

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join