It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France and UK prepare for co-operation over aircraft carriers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
they are just doing it cuz the know that we (Russia) just got some new aircraft cariers

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by russiankid
they are just doing it cuz the know that we (Russia) just got some new aircraft cariers

Or the fact they relise they need a carrier?
PS, why would we feel threatened by russia?

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 05:03 AM
link   
France and the UK will cooperate on this because it effectively doubles our budget, and allows us to make a credible attempt to close the gap a little with the US.

If germany, italy and spain were brought on board then maybe we could even see a Europe with a decent self defence capability.

The only problem with this being that the manuals for all the new toys would be huge as they try to fit five languages in!

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
the U.S.A might feel threatend cuz China might team up with us... China attacks Taiwan U.S forces away from home country... and then China and Russia will attack the U.S.A.... of course that is just a theory....
but yea... thats y i think that UK n France are working on a aircraft cairer....

[edit on 29-6-2005 by russiankid]

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   

the U.S.A might feel threatend cuz China might team up with us... China attacks Taiwan U.S forces away from home country... and then China and Russia will attack the U.S.A.... of course that is just a theory....
but yea... thats y i think that U.S.A n France are working on a aircraft cairer....

We're talking about the UK not the US working with France on the Royal Navy's Future Aircraft Carrier project CVF to replace the Invincible class carriers.

[edit on 29/6/2005 by 300k]

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
so i got confused so what??? well anyway.... are those aircraft cariers better then our
cariers??

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   

so i got confused so what??? well anyway.... are those aircraft cariers better then our
cariers??

Nothing is certain, only more dangerous..

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
ummm... dangerous as in... better aircrafts??? or.... how????

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   

ummm... dangerous as in... better aircrafts??? or.... how????

What I am saying is, there is no "better" only more equipped or more powerful or more mobile or etc
No carrier I know of has all of these "more" than the oposition.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
oh... not that i care if it is better than our cariers a lot of U.S weapons are better than our weapons...

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   

oh... not that i care if it is better than our cariers a lot of U.S weapons are better than our weapons...

"Better" at what though?

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
... anything really... i dont care if theres a better country then my country... its only natural that there are countries that are a lil better then other countries... if well all be the same then there will be wars all the time

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   

... anything really... i dont care if theres a better country then my country... its only natural that there are countries that are a lil better then other countries... if well all be the same then there will be wars all the time

No one rifle is the best, its just better overall or has more things better than somethign else.
Like the M-16 A2 is more reliable than the SA-80 A2 in the desert BUT the SA-80 A2 will be more accurate.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
are we talking about U.S.As cariers being better??? or rifles???

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   

are we talking about U.S.As cariers being better??? or rifles???

Just showing, no one "thing" can be better than another in EVERY feild.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
i guess so... can carriers carry any type of fighter??? (of course it cant carry big B-52 like bombers)

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   

i guess so... can carriers carry any type of fighter??? (of course it cant carry big B-52 like bombers)

Well any STOL or STOVL then yeah, or CTOL or CTOVL aircraft then yeah.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
and those are... what?? light fighters??? or... what are they

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   

and those are... what?? light fighters??? or... what are they

Short Take Off Landing
Short Take Off Vertical Landing
Catapault Take Off Landing

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
oh.... so it can launch all of those... nice are they hard to sink??? i mean if all the aircrafts are away

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join