It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When We Apologize for Truth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Conspiracies are no longer once they are revealed. The more and more the hand the moves the wind extends itself into the realm of people and consciousness the more and more we grow to see there is in fact an conspiracy. And as it sheds light we then know the reality of what in fact is upon us is a plan to alter self-destiny and bring us into a new world order.

The illuminati are showing us the power they have. From controlling our media to now controlling our politicians. And not just from behind the scenese, but forcing them into the public to show us the power they have over our elected representatives.

Last week Senator Durbin spoke the truth. Reading from an FBI agent's report he said that if not knowing it was in fact an FBI report, one would think it to be a description of a prison run by a repressive regime.

He spoke the truth and with tearful eyes he apologized for it.

America's Iron Hand has come down upon the media and now it is upon the politicians. What will come next? How far will our Iron Hand extend?

When we apologize for truth tyranny reigns!

This more and more proof we have is a double edge sword. The more and more we can prove there is a conspiracy only means the more and more it's become a reality. And when it comes a reality upon us will it be too light for us to fight it?

World Ending Disorder - Plague of the Youth

00ps out!

[edit on 21-6-2005 by 00PS]

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
i wonder why he be apologize, i mean the government have ani dirt on the Senator. he should be proud to voice his opposition. maybe he got scared
. a person like him shouldnt be scared.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I'm sorry if the initial post was a little ranty... It's 7am and I still haven't got to sleep.

Why he apologized will always be a mystery. He initially said he won't apologize and that it should be the U.S. who apologizes for leaving the Geneva Conventions. As #2 in the senate he has stature. He also has conviction. And something/someone made him do a 180 and announce to the public he is sorry.

They want us all to be scared. And they are slowly but surely showing us!

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Is he apologizing in advance perhaps, for something everyone is soon to learn. Both of the Bush's have stated that "full disclosure" will be a part of their legacy.

More has been forgotten and lost, than will ever be known. Action speaks louder than words, and a man of action will get more done in the time it takes any politican blather on.
Hence why politicans get nothing done.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Good insight Advisor. Could you expand more abuot this "full disclosure" that is coming our way?

Some grand explanation? A revelation? What are you talking about?

Thanks in advance

- 00ps out

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Durbin spoke the truth in the first place.

These actions are the actions of dictators and police states.

They are a nightmare this nation is creating.
America needs to be b*tch slapped into waking up to what a land of barbarians we are becoming.

Abu Grabe, Gitmo and include many of those secret camps Rumpsfeld has set up around the globe for torture and murder that never even make it into the press.

What we see is the tip of an iceberg.

America has changed from the beacon of democracy and civil rights to the cesspit of a police state.

The terrorists have won.

Instead of the home of free and the brave,
We are the land of the scared and tyrannized.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank

America has changed from the beacon of democracy and civil rights to the cesspit of a police state.

you must have a long memory to think of a time when the US was a 'beacon of democracy'...........go back as far as you want, to almost wherever you want and youll find a legacy that is hardly a beacon of democracy........happy little things like the school of the americas and the subsequent death squads, support of dictators on nearly every continent, the crushing of genuine democratic movements, sanctions, bombing ect ect ect ad nauseum.........a 'beacon of power' would be a more apt moniker

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Although I regard this post as mostly accurate of how things are, it is really only a little token of value for the vast majority. I think 60-70% of the people on ATS sincerely believe that the US has gone to hell in a hand-basket. A lot of people here think the US is still mighty and great and see nothing wrong with how things are, as long as the status quo in their lives remains the same.

This is probably not unlike Germany during the rise of Hitler. In fact, it has many parallels. The citizens of Germany, generally did not take a great disliking to the rise of Hitler's regime. In fact, many people were optimistic about the future. As long as life had some form of general stability, the citizens did not care. The targets of the internal genocide probably thought different, but the common citizen was unaware of the governments doings because they were shielded from that until after the war. Today, the same thing is happening except there is one exception, in that the US has no rival to conquer it. Some country from the West is not going to come in and form allies to conquer us like in WWII.

What you are saying is not new to me or a lot of others on ATS or people who have some social skills to figure out how the world works. Talking about it indefinately really does no good. What are we actually going to do about it?

Maybe we should start a thread about actual action instead of words.

As for the Senator, I do not feel in the least empathetic with him. I can surely sympathize, but I do have a big problem with people in authority who have wasted away everyone's time to only find out they are wrong.

Actually, it is really way past the point of endlessly talking about these things. People need to stand up and do something about it, without the quibble. I deal with the same situations of authority with their own agendas of dominance for their own selfish purposes on a daily basis. I still follow the set rules, but it does little good, because those in authority never live by them so they can be on top.

The main problem is; nations rise and fall, with no authority and rulers who do not put their subordinates on a higher pedestal than they are. The sign of a good government, ruler, manager, boss, officer, parent, landlord, etc., is that they place the needs of every last person below them above their own personal needs. That is the discipline and responsibilty that a governing body should have, which is what we do not have today. People in power, for the most part, tend to take instant advantage of it to make their lives easier at the cost of everyone else.

I do not need proof that our government does this on a daily basis. I can see it with my own eyes, and I do not need a court to prove it, just as the government doesn't have to prove its justifications for doing anything in a court. They are in an of a law unto themselves and are like a God, and so am I. This is just like the Declaration of Independence says, that it is self-evident. This means that God Almighty has made it clear within ones self that things are the way they are by revelation. This kinda seems counter to following laws, but the Declaration clearly states that it is within one's self that at least a group of people can find it within themselves to agree on what they want and make it happen.

The Declaration states that the reasons for independence are set forth by the desire for life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. These are general terms, but as long as a body of men believed in them and stood by them at the cost of life, they were willing to say F.O. to Brittain.

We have the ability to do the same thing today, but we also have obstacles.

One, most people have a lethargic attitude about doing anything to make big changes in the world unless it benefits them personally. Second, the colonies had the advantage of isolation - away from their overseers and financiers. Third, they were on somewhat equal terms of technological availability of weapons with their aggressors. Numerically speaking, this nation did not extract itself from England until it made a calculated decision that it had enough militia strength to combat the troops and royal navy that would eventually head their way. None of these factors can be overcome today in dealing with the miltary strength of the US armed forces. Common people cannot take over by force. Only a consciencious effort of monetary destabilization will kill the US, and fortunately, the world is already at work on that by intentional and non-intentional means.

Rome fell in a day, and so will the US - and there is no other greater power to save her.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Your hero, senator durbin implied that it was the Troops that were doing the so called bad things to the terrorist.

senator durbin's office got a tsunami of calls,e-mails,etc form the people about his words. People brought him to his knees!

Rope

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
excuse my confussion, but was he appologising for the actions, or for the report?

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The comments he made........

Why did he have to fake cry or was he sincere?

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I see.
quite disturbing, yet somehow not suprising.
easly done... a late night phone call from 'someone' expressing their 'disapontment' in his comments, and also expressing how 'diapointed' they would be if 'something bad' were to happen to the senator's family, friends, himself maybe.

I doubt that a bunch of nasty phone calls and e-mails would bring a man to tears.

Senator Warner expressed concern about the impact such comments could have as the United States wages a war on terrorism.

"We have got to be extraordinarily careful in our remarks on the floor of the Senate as they relate to the safety of our people, because this series of statements that you made here, factual references to chapters of history, can be manipulated by other people throughout the world to their advantage, and that is my deep concern," he added.

source

"Oh what a tangled web we weave, When first we practice to deceive"
-Sir Walter Scott

on jue 15th durbin says;

No one, including the White House, can deny that the statement I read on the Senate floor was made by an FBI agent describing the torture of a prisoner at Guantanamo Bay. That torture was reprehensible and totally inconsistent with the values we hold dear in America. This Administration should apologize to the American people for abandoning the Geneva Conventions and authorizing torture techniques that put our troops at risk and make Americans less secure

on the 17th....

“More than 1700 American soldiers have been killed in Iraq and our country’s standing in the world community has been badly damaged by the prison abuses at Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo. My statement in the Senate was critical of the policies of this Administration which add to the risk our soldiers face.”

“I will continue to speak out when I disagree with this Administration.”

“I have learned from my statement that historical parallels can be misused and misunderstood. I sincerely regret if what I said caused anyone to misunderstand my true feelings: our soldiers around the world and their families at home deserve our respect, admiration and total support.”

then on the 21st he sounds like a scolded child.
as can be read here

This is a diversionary tactic, The GOP seems to be acting as if the senators comments are more reprehensable than the actions of the guards at Gitmo. christ!!!

[edit on 22-6-2005 by Halfofone]

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
i dont see what the problem is with an apology. Its how it will be handled that matters. Its rediculous to see senators such as trent lot and this guy be demonized over something they say. Durbin is good man, Lott is a good man, unfortunately....words are words, and that is the society we live in...it does not matter who you are, what matters is what you say in politics, and these little slips, these little sayings can make and break them. Apologizing is the right thing if he wants to minimize the impact this will have on him...apologize, and hopefully move on...

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS
Could you expand more abuot this "full disclosure" that is coming our way?
Some grand explanation? A revelation? What are you talking about?

More than a few years ago, when little shrub was just getting the chance to walk in his Bush daddies foot steps, he supposedly promised a "full disclosure" to the people. On the things "the people" had concearns about. Very much like his father before him did. They as all politicans do, said one thing, and did another. They said those words before being "President" of course, before swearing their oaths. That is the only reason I see for their not having followed through. That and they are politicans of course.
I was hoping more would remember this past announcement, and see my obvious sarcasm. The truth can be only more prevalent after reading the quote following.

"NO ADMINISTRATION HAS DONE MORE TO CONCEAL" the workings of government from the people -- this from a new report just released from the minority staff of the House Government Reform Committee.
September 20, 2004
BUSH ADMINISTRATION OFFICIAL SECRECY
The Washington Note
Steven C. Clemons

TWN

Of course once they were in power, there was no further obligation to stay committed, as was once said. As they now had more than they could chew.

Originally posted by 00PS
Thanks in advance

Your welcome. I only hope that helps.

top topics

join