It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living through other people

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Thank You... A.T. for the explanation of sheilding...
and for explaining to Tinkleflower... because I really am bad at explaining things
and...Raideur I can't just deny what is happening to me because weather I deny it or not it will still be there. I would rather actively change without disrupting the balance.. but separating completely without leaving a little bit of connection would probly not be good... When empathy wasn't taking over it was handy for dealing with people figuring them out knowing it they are gonna be at a certain place when I'm gonna get there...
I don't know how to really explain this to you.

and darkelf being alone is scary but I think since summer has started I may have to take a little while to myself and find me again... and sheilding has helped a lot I dont have as many things assulting me all the time

being out of school is gonna help becasue there are way too many people at my school and being able to feel them makes me claustrophobic.

keep giving me suggestions because I'm definitly still listening,
equineartist

[edit on 6/22/05 by Equineartist7]

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I did some further research on this and it turns out that we all emit different frequencies of waves from our brains. Now im obviously not an expert on the topic (no one really is) but could some people.....be able to subconsciencely tune there mind frequencies in so they synchronize with anothers mind....causing the empathic ability???

I would say that is a reasonable suggestion and probably correct.

Raideur, please do not take this as condisending, I mean it as a compliment in the most real sense. Your last post is the most compassionate, and helpful, that I have ever seen from you.

The 'deny' part not so much, but the rest is not a bad way to start if the problem is not too strong. When it does get stronger, which is what this Thread is about, then you have to do more to have your will win out. But the goal is control and that starts with believing that you can.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander Tau
You have to apply your will to control your abilities.

visualize a sphere of pale white energy around you.

The key to making this work is belief and practice. Every time you sit down to practice you will find the shield works better and better.

I see my shield as more of an egg shape, that fits around the human body. I see it clearly as my Aura, and I just am capping off my Aura with a bright white shell.

Aslo, I speak aloud......"I close my Aura to ALL, but the Christ conciousness, and workers in the 'LIGHT' ".........the bible tells us, ASK and ye shall recieve.....so I am asking aloud for protection so to say. I do this every night prior to sleeping, incorporated into my prayers for peace and love.
I am speaking aloud my desire for heightened protection from unseen forces.
This includes the outside influances that arise from being of an empathic nature.

Excellent advise Mr Tau has given you, take heed.........

When things begin to overwhelm you because of this ability, you MUST take control as best you can.....it is not allright to loose your personal power because of others emotional energies.
Sometimes you must block others, in order to better know & be your own self.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I do not know how you folks are able to rationalize this, but you do seem to know a great deal about it, and if it helps your mind, very well, it works for you.

I was just commenting that there is no struggle or conflict within your mind if you disable one of the sides of the arguement, either your concious mind, or your subconcious.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raideur
I do not know how you folks are able to rationalize this, but you do seem to know a great deal about it, and if it helps your mind, very well, it works for you.

I was just commenting that there is no struggle or conflict within your mind if you disable one of the sides of the arguement, either your concious mind, or your subconcious.

Raideur, when I was a small child, an incident took place that forever scarred me and made me feel responsible for other peoples feelings. I suppose at that point I started becoming aware of other peolples feelings and became more in tune with them as I got older. I actually felt what others were feeling. I did a lot of things that I should not have done. I put my own feelings aside to keep other peolpes feelings from being hurt. It essentially turned me into a willing victim.

You say to disable one of the sides of the argument. But at that time, I did not know I could do that, let alone how. It took a long time for me to erase a lifetime of internal coding. I am a strong person today. Ten years ago, I was not. Most of it has to do with internal dialog. For those who have never had to take this trip I say consider yourselves very lucky.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   

and if it helps your mind, very well, it works for you.

Exactly. It has worked for a significant number of people for a very long time. Focused human effort is quite powerful.

I am quite certain that it is not possible to totally remove the influences of either side. We can ignore though, we are very, very good at that. Explains a lot about how tough life generally is, even for the best of us.

The rational mind creates the very framework of thought, it asks the questions in the way that IT wants them asked.

"No matter where You go, there You are."

The Subcon, just flat never goes away. Even the very deepest of Thinkers have never found a way to my knowledge. The best thing to do seems to make them both work together by understanding your emotions and not attempting to deny them. Control does flow from understanding. It is helpful to speak the language of the Subcon, and it kinda leads to almost everything that makes life worth living.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
And that is why we are never going to be free. The human subconcious holds the most irrational desires and instinctive bias that cause most of the suffering in the world.

Perhaps someday, that pill will come and show us a perfect world of reason.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
God the world would so be totally perfect if ATS members were in charge.......... (that is still related!!!!) Wow some deep and meaningful stuff....(and i am not being sarcastic!!!)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join