It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End Of The World - Wont Happen. Go Lay Back Down.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Throughout history people have been saying the world is going to end. The apocalyspe is now, run to Jesus. Even 2000 years ago people beleived that the world was coming to end.

Big Shocker - It's not.

I think we all subconsciously want the world to end. We don't want the world to go on without us in it. We are scared to be forgotten. No one can be forgotten if no one is around to remember.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IF the world was going to end tonight at 10:43 pm. What would be the point of doing anything? You can't stop it, and 5 hours from now, what are you really going to do?

And that is how it would be, the powers that be would not even tell you until the end was imminate. Who wants people to panic and cause chaos? Might as well let the world end peacefully. Well as peaceful as it would be,

The End Won't Come.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
No one ever said the world would end. It has been said that it will end "as we know it to be".
Also since YOU say it is not going to end anyway, I am now very relived. Thanks for letting us know that you know this for a fact. Nothing to worry about now.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Bane , I would hope that this thread right here would knock some sense into people's heads....but I highly doubt that this will go thru their think minded skulls. I'm not trying to be a meany. I just am really sick and tired of people saying things that they don't even know for sure...heck, they probably haven't even researched it either.

Thanks for trying to knock some sense in Bane

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
There's a very simple reason the End of the World isn't likely to happen...
Simply put, there's too much money to be made, by the ones running the show...

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
What are you talking about?
The world will end.

....when you die....

It ends for thousands of people everyday.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The world might end... i'd just ask for proof before predicting doom.

I'll pay attention to doom sayers when they hold up a picture of the 10 mile wide asteroid and tell me its path so i can double check the math and have it verrified.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Of course the world is going to end, the only question is how and when.

If there's not going to be a supernatural Revelation type end of the world, it will at least end in about 5 billion years when the Sun engulfs the Earth.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
It depends on what you mean by world. Humans will die out eventually. The Earth will end up being smashed to bits or swallowed by the sun or something of that nature. Who know's, the universe could collapse on itself.

What are you talking about?
The world will end.

....when you die....

It ends for thousands of people everyday.

exactly. when you die it wont matter because everything will have ended, and if the earth blows up before you've died, well... you're gonna die and end up in the same situation.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I dont know much about astronomy, but i do know this 'world' will someday explode to alot of individual pieces, but by the time that will happen ill be damned if our race didnt kill themselves(or this planet ofcourse) numerous times over and over again

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The topic is correct, the world will be here for a long time to come. The earth will be destroyed by natural causes eventually, in like a few billion years. Man will probably blow himself up but that is expected seeing that we are such a bunch of greedy fukers. But the world will continue without us and more than likely some will survive and the cycle will start again and will continue this way until the Sun eats us up. By that time we will have spread across the universe and like a cancer we will destroy everything in our conquest to be all powerful and rich.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
This is how I see it:

If everyone is dead, I'll be dead too, and it'll be by something that I couldn't have prevented.

So what's there to worry about? Everyones gone, might as well live life up to the fullest before it happens!

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Life sucks and then you die. -mom

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
i think that as the years go by people will slowly stop the hate and put down the weapons and once we're all peaceful and have no weapons some alien race will come and destroy us.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Everything ends.

Our part in the wider universe will too, eventually.

Does that mean that we can look forward to some great tragedy that was prophesised years ago? Or that "Jeebus" will return to wreak havoc on sinners?

No, our end doesn't have to be a grand production, it could be a whimper just as easily as a bang.

But everything ends.

When?

This generation? The next? eons in the future?

I can't say; but I can say with certainty that it will come, by the by.

X

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
what are the chances of a meteor NEVER EVER EVER hitting earth and wiping us out...... its gonna end, one day, duno when, although there is one expected.... and believe it ornot, it will be friday the 13th, in 2020 somthin. but we dont know what it will do, it depends if it hits us, or goes past, chances are gravity will pull it in and it will kill most of us, but a meteor is definitly gonna past us, we just dunno if it is gonna crash into us or anythin.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyrolot
... chances are gravity will pull it in and it will kill most of us ...

oh yeah, wonderful optimism. But hey, you're probably right. That's probably why the government is testing that thingy where they are going to blow up a comet or whatever it is, probably for this particular thingy (my lingo isn't very scientific).

[edit on 22-6-2005 by xxblackoctoberxx]

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
pessimism makes the world go round my friend, (and possibly a meteorite that hit a few hundred thousand years ago)
lol, the point in them lowing up the comet is to see if they can find any answers to how the universe started....... i dunno what they are gonna find exactly..... lol, but its to ssee if it has answers

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
DEFINATELY......... THE WORLD IS GOING TO END, PEOPLE SAY ALL KIND OF THINGS, BUT I HAVE A POINT TO MAKE THE END OF WHITE MAN'S DOMINATION OF THE WORLD WILL DEFINATELY COME TO A CLOSE.. I AM NOT RACIST, JUST MAKING A POINT HERE..

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I don't know how or if the world will actually end. I do know that we and the world around us are in constant change. Nothing stays the same forever. "The end of the world as we know it", could be such a gradual change that we won't know it.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by PetePendelton
i think that as the years go by people will slowly stop the hate and put down the weapons and once we're all peaceful and have no weapons some alien race will come and destroy us.

This is a great post

The world is totally about to end, haven't you guys seen Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy? That's totally what's going to happen they're going to like, totally build a freeway and earth will totally be in their way and it'll be destroyed, totally uncool.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join