It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End Of The World - Wont Happen. Go Lay Back Down.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Uh..the world doesn't TECHNICALLY end when you die. The physical world goes on without you.

Your EXISTENCE ends. =]

-wD

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Actualy, the world will end in a couple of billion years (or maybe sooner if we're unlucky)

Either of the following things will happen:

A: The suns core will contract and the outer layers will expand up to the point it used up all its Hydrogen and Helium. Forming a red giant.
Then, it'll keep expanding and fusing together its remaining helium to form carbon. Next stage, the outer mantle of the sun will drift into space creating a planetary nebula up to the point where all the cores fuel is turned into carbon. The core is exposed and will be a white dwarf until after a few billion years, all its heat is emmited into space and a cold, dark black dwarf remains.

This black dwarf could be a huge 1000 mile wide cluster of diamons(highly compressed carbon).

As you can probably guess, we're all toast in the very early stages of this event.

B: A black hole decides to come by for coffee and sucks us, our sun and pritty much everything else in the solar system up never to be seen again.

I'm actualy having a hard time choosing what way I'd like it to happen.

Being able to touch the sun or seeing a black hole up close.

I think the first one is the better of the 2, at least you'll know what hit you and will have quite some time to watch the show.

The black hole scenario, you'll miss most of the fun because time will slow down up to the point it stops for you.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
It's obvious the world will eventually end. As has been stated many times already the sun will expand to engulf it. We've only got a few billion years to find a way off this rock. If we don't, were doomed! DOOMED I TELL YA!!!

I'm hoping the world ends sometime while i'm alive. It's been predicted for as long as mankind has existed but just how many have actually been around to see it come true? None so far. I want to be in the group that actually gets to see it.

Wupy

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   
time will never end, and thus. some of our particles will be carried into other beings. this is my look at ressurection. and if the lucky should be so privliged to be carried on with his memories.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I don't think the world will end...

World War III: Nuclear war? It's possible, but it wouldn't wipe out EVERYBODY.

Aliens: They would have destroyed us already...

Sun Exploding: This will happen in billions of years, so it's nothing to worry about now.

Black Hole: We would know if there was one approaching...and there isn't.

Mayan Calender Ending (2012): Why would they need a calender that goes on so far? Maybe they decided that was a good time to stop.

That's what I think on the most popular apocalyptic theories.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Thankyou, Shredded, for a great, common-sense post

Sure, the world will end. Eventually. Why worry about it now?

To paraphrase The Dalai Lama....

If you can do something about it - then why worry?

If you can't do anything about it - then why worry?

Seems fitting here, non?

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
To everything there is an end.......then a new beginning?

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I believe in Bible prophecy and I do not think the world will end.
A heaven on earth yes and the world we know today will be gone.

Other Possibilities for the world to end are:

The sun exploding or feeling sick and decides to puke in our direction.

Massive radiation from else where and frying the world.

A different planet blows up for some strange reason and goes in our direction.

The universe decides to change the laws of physics in some strange transitional stage that we simply can not fit into and maybe time crashes like a computer.

Like 'the core' the movie the magnetic field stops.

We create a mini black hole and we get crushed, it was just an accident but no one will live to tell it.

We drift away from the suns gravity and get flung out.

Another stray planet from somewhere comes into the solar system and makes the earth unbalanced and the solar system dispurses.

Darkmatter is hidden on the outskirts of the solar system and we simpley stop fuctioning.

Massive earthquakes for example that tsunami incident might have triggered an ongoing wobble of the earth and techtonic plates that we simpley shake the world to pieces.

A twin sun gets closer and closer.

Undetecticle particles or anti-time matter type things that we have no measure for just erase area of space or part of universal continuem expands to a 5 dimentional universe where the law of pie is complete for example. Just ideas but you never Know.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   
"The Core" movie - bad movie science

(iow - not gonna happen).

Sure, the planet will eventually die.

So what are you going to do about it?

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkleflower

Expand into space!!! Yay the final frontier! I'm gunna be a space pirate, seriously. Caus' the only time you can really be a pirate is in a new frontier when infrastructure isn't good enough to make it really diffacult. Who's with me maties? Arr!

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by cownosecat

Originally posted by Tinkleflower

Expand into space!!! Yay the final frontier! I'm gunna be a space pirate, seriously. Caus' the only time you can really be a pirate is in a new frontier when infrastructure isn't good enough to make it really diffacult. Who's with me maties? Arr!

Well...every pirate needs a bawdy wench, right?

I'd fit that role very well

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
You can take comfort that even if the world ends that mans mark will be left in the universe with all our radio waves we have been sending out since the first radio broad cast, We also have junk floating in space on day a galactic civilization might find and be like "Cool! there were people just like us billions of years ago"

With that being said the human race might never completely parish life on earth will always replenish its self until the sun is turned into a white dwarf.

I also think if we survive at least another 100-200 years without blowing our selfs up we may very likely have more than one habitable civilization among the stars, man made and non man made.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The World will end. There will be a rapture before 7 years of tribulation. The 7 years of tribulation will happen after the rapture. There will be Armegeddon. After the tribulation, Jesus will come back to set up his kindgom on earth for 1000 years. There will be a last battle called Gog and Magog. There will be a new heavens and new Earth. This new earth will last forever!

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Religious quotes aside, I genuinely think it's us humans who will do ourselves in, so to speak.

Whether it be lack of physical immunity to a bug; war; waste of resources....it'll be our own undoing.

(also makes me mildly curious...various religious sources give different accounts of "the end". Can't all be right....so which one would be "correct"? Hmmmm)

[edit on 3-7-2005 by Tinkleflower]

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShreddedIce

Black Hole: We would know if there was one approaching...and there isn't.

Wouldn't WE be approaching IT? I don't think a black hole could be in motion...

-Chris

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join