It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S only limiting cooperation with Israel on JSF

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 02:18 AM
link   

U.S. Limits on Israeli Defense Cooperation Focus on JSF
By AGENCE FRANCE-PRESSE, WASHINGTON

U.S. restrictions on arms sales and technology transfers to Israel are focused on the Joint Strike Fighter program and are not being applied across the board, a Pentagon spokesman said.

”We had some restrictions within the Joint Strike Fighter Program that we’ve discussed,” said Lawrence DiRita, the Pentagon spokesman. “And it’s mostly restrictions on technology going forward in that program.”

”It’s not a uniform freeze but it’s a case-by-case basis,” said Bryan Whitman, another Pentagon spokesman.

Entire article

Maybe the U.S should limit cooperation with Israel on more projects in order to send a stronger message.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 02:29 AM
link   
If Israel paticipates in the JSF project, it will get the stealth fighters, might provide help to China with the J-XX using experience gained from the JSF project.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by W4rl0rD
If Israel paticipates in the JSF project, it will get the stealth fighters, might provide help to China with the J-XX using experience gained from the JSF project.

If Israel does that, it can consider itself one of America's enemies.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Yep, looks like America just doesn't want any competitor to its one and only superpower status.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Yep, looks like America just doesn't want any competitor to its one and only superpower status.

Nope, would you if you were the only superpower?

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWguy83
Nope, would you if you were the only superpower?

Ok, honestly speaking, no, I wouldn't want any competitors.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Yeah, but at the same time Israel is a vital Ally in the middle east, but I still believe it has to cooperate with us if it wants us to support it.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
US need to toughen up a little on Israel, should ban several tech to Israel to sent them a strong message... high US tech cannot fall into the wrong hands or we will have another cold-war soon...

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Israel has shown that it can't be trusted with such technology.

Therefore we should not sell it to them or allow them to participate in its development.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Without Israel as an ally, the US would have close to no true allies which has a powerful position in the middle east. Israel is the US's "puppet", if you put it in unglamorous terms. The US needs Israel as an ally, and Israel needs the US for weapons and arms.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Without Israel as an ally, the US would have close to no true allies which has a powerful position in the middle east. Israel is the US's "puppet", if you put it in unglamorous terms. The US needs Israel as an ally, and Israel needs the US for weapons and arms.

what about turkey and soon iraq?

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
If you want a nation that would listen to the US and be strong enough militarily and politically, and also allow the US to place troops inside (Bye, Turkey), then there is only one Israel. As for Iraq...There is a lot of speculation, and after all, the Iraqis vote. If they got a pro-Russian nut for president, then Iraq might go back to pre-war status, getting MiG-29s or such. The US might try to assasinate him blah blah blah, but mostly you cannot be sure if the new Iraq will be a US ally.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The US is building permanent bases in Iraq and Afghanistan, I honestly don't see why we need Israel in the middle east. Name me one thing Israel has done for us in the middle east? All they do is just incite more anti American hatred. It time to ban them form hate JSF program and the US Laser programs.

I’m even thing of gathering signatures and organizing mass phone calls to congressmen about banning Israel from these projects.
Anyone with me here?

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
The US is building permanent bases in Iraq and Afghanistan, I honestly don't see why we need Israel in the middle east. Name me one thing Israel has done for us in the middle east? All they do is just incite more anti American hatred. It time to ban them form hate JSF program and the US Laser programs.

I’m even thing of gathering signatures and organizing mass phone calls to congressmen about banning Israel from these projects.
Anyone with me here?

I am with you 100 and 10 percent! Israel has done nothing except cost more trouble for us... besides we don't need them anymore... we got iraq and afghanistan...

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
So no JSF are going to taht country eh...?

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ulshadow
[...] besides we don't need them anymore... we got iraq and afghanistan...

You dont have Iraq and Afghanistan; the US and allied troops are there for keeping up the order ATM, as I guess you know.

How welcomed foreign military will be once and if these countries settle down can not be estimated now.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Without Israel as an ally the US would have almost ALL Middle east nations as allies (maybe except Iran).

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lonestar24
You dont have Iraq and Afghanistan; the US and allied troops are there for keeping up the order ATM, as I guess you know.

How welcomed foreign military will be once and if these countries settle down can not be estimated now.

i am just saying that we can have military bases there...

and like longbow said... without Israel we won't even have this terrorist problem... they attack us cause we keep helping Israel...

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Besides do we even have any military bases in Israel?
They are not helping the U.S. and they give us no military advantage such as tech. If we stopped baby feeding the m I guarantee you their military would crumble.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 05:00 AM
link   
yeah i am tired of isreal we need to let the russians be isreals new best friend instead of the US then would the middle-east start attacking russia?

I think Isreal is a mature country now so they can start fending for themselves and get ready for even more spying than before.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join