It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Michelangelo Code?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 06:55 AM
link   
So, evidently, doctors are seeing human parts, mainly organs in the painting of the sistine chapel. I'm not sure if this is old news or not, but I couldn't find anything on it in the search.

Here's the link: msnbc.msn.com...

Perhaps, Michelangelo is as clever as Leonardo.

sarcasm/
Waiting for Donotello and Raphael show their own!
/sarcasm

seriously though, anyone else hear of this, care of this, think perhaps this is true and that Michelangelo was trying to tell us something, perhaps in other artwork?

Edit: spelling

[edit on 17/6/2005 by FallenOne]

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 07:09 AM
link   
No code, Michaelengelo was simply a student of anatomy like all renaissance artists. Many of them had to go to extaordinay (and usually illegal) lengths in order to learn the messy complexities of the human body, They developed the concept of understanding how something works in order to represent it truthfully.

Carvaggio on the other hand got in all sorts of trouble by making things a bit too realistic.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I dont know. It really seems they might be reaching here. I'm an artist so I have bit of a background in "all things art"...

Somehow this feels like they are only seeing what they WANT to see- to sell a book and make some money. Dan Brown made a TON of money going mainstream about Leonardo's "hidden code" in his paintings. At least here there is more to the story as to why leonardo hide stuff in his work.

Michaelengelo hiding body parts, even if true, so what? He hid boday parts and..... story over.

Peace

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Covered:
The Michelangelo code

Others related:
ATS Search: Michelangelo

seekerof

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Covered:
The Michelangelo code

Others related:
ATS Search: Michelangelo

seekerof

So it was. My mistake. I probably spelled his name wrong in the search, as I did in the posted thread before I realized it. Too bad there's no :embarrased: smiley.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Oh dear here we go again. I just finished reading Dan Browns book, and I can honestly say, if anyone thought it was anything other than total and utter fiction.... they really need professional help. If this turns into another "Da Vinci Code" saga, what's next? "The McDonalds Code?"

As said, people see what they want to see..

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Are you serious? Just because someone can illustrate a heart that looks like a bag in Michaelangelo's painting, now all the sudden there's a secret code? Candidly I would've illustrated and esophagus and stomach based on the bag they used.

This "code" signifies the hunger we have for better interpretations of art.

Originally posted by DenyAllKnowledge

Carvaggio on the other hand got in all sorts of trouble by making things a bit too realistic.

Carvaggio rules! I'm a big fan of a lot of his works.

Supper at Emmaus' House:

Conversion of Saint Paul:

Freekin' beautiful!

If it ain't Baroque, somebody fix it.

Pray, train, study,
God bless.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
Are you serious?

I guess you'll never know, saint4attitude.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I think people look too far into things these days.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FallenOne
I guess you'll never know, saint4attitude.

Didn't mean to come across as crass. It looks like a play on the Davinci Code...and candidly concerned anyone would take these things to heart. Pun intended.

Perhaps CHICKST3R, but there's a lot below the surface. For example, do you know the history behind your avatar? I'd reckon yes with the emphasis on evil surrounding it. Just curious.

[edit on 20-6-2005 by saint4God]

join