It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient technology in mountains

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I read somewhere of tales of people coming across mountains with huge caves in them filled with vinamas and ancient machinery. The mountains are something to do with where the Chinese Gods live or something. Does anyone have any more information on this or any books with references as i am unable to find any more.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I am not sure about caves with ancient machinery but there is some (controvercial) disks called Dropa Stones found in China.
Here is a quick link with some info on them
paranormal.about.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
yeah it was definately caves. it was in a story book but has alot of other books backing it up. artifically hollowed out mountains. machinery was kept there till we are advanced enough to use it. would explain why we cant find any evidence of ancient vinamas

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Well, if they wanted to hide something from us they wouldn't put it in the mountain, but on the bottom of the ocean, or deep lakes, find infos yourself where it could be.

Lake systems which are stable are possible spots, because water gives it additional protection. Even in the case of nuclear explsions.

Because, going under water is far more undoable then going into caves or on top of the mountain, second, yes scanning from the satelites you can find anything on Earth, but if it is deep under then it is not effecient.

Second, if we hide our technology in the caves maybe it was the reason for them too, hide it from the enemy.
And do you think some of it was already found?

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MankoW
Well, if they wanted to hide something from us they wouldn't put it in the mountain, but on the bottom of the ocean, or deep lakes, find infos yourself where it could be.

Nature will also do that given enough time. We've barely excavated any of these areas.

I am particularly interested in the buried valleys in the American deserts. Such as Groom Lake. There are thousands of feet of loess and sand covering- what?

And do you think some of it was already found?

Yes. At Corona, Aztec, and Roswell New Mexico. There were archaeological teams recorded as discoverers of some of the debris- which people assumed was recent. It may have been washout.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   
The only problem i see is that these Items would have to be made out of norusting/nooxiding meterals in order to hold up, Not to mention the PSI where dealing with say at the bottome of the ocean. Then the other major problem is sedament build up, 1000's of years worth on top of what might be done there.

It would be very interesting to go out there and do some ground Pen. radar and soundings of the area thouh. If at one time it was a lake, you might find some interesting things down there.

Sorry about the spelling, i know it sucks.

Zintac

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I have to say this is the first I have heard on this subject but still its interesting. What gets me is this....WHO would have invented this kind of technology and for what reasons ? One answer is that maybe Extraterestials had a hand in our evalution as far as technologyu and civilasation go.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
i have spent hours flicking through books trying to find more info. It said something about someone found the caves and wrote books on his adventures. the mountains were hollowed out and filled from the floor to the roof with advanced technology, flying machines etc. They were hidden i think because of a war and will be found when we are ready. The mountain cave was lit by some sort of light. I think China or Tibet. It had something to do with a mountain of the gods. but that is all i remember. this is annyoying me as i cant find the right book and will have to read all the books again.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I am familiar with the legends of the god's of the mountain but I have not heard reference to ancient machinery being found. Most of the legend go that there is a healing power that can / will heal most wounds and illnesses.
Other than the Dropa Stones which I referenced earlier, the only other legends that I have heard about from china was of 2 races of people that were supposed to have lived in the mountains. One was short with a deep yellow skin (not oriental color) and a tribe of short gray people. The legned goes that they were the survivors of an ancient crash. Both tribes are now gone and (to my knowledge) there is no evidence to support them ever existing in other than verbal lore.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Ah yes. I know that one.

It's a variant of the "Suvians"/Death Valley stories and one of the old "lost mine" tall tales of the West. These came out of the old pulp westerns via FATE magazine. They're just fiction... tall tales that someone wrote about in FATE and didn't actually do any fact-checking on.
www.burlingtonnews.net...

You can tell that they're fiction by the "indian" words in there (and a number of other badly goofed details. And "OGA-MAKE" is *so* not a Navajo name!!! And then there's the Just Plain BAD science, but we'll save that one...)

For a really NEAT bit of history on Death Valley, read up on the tribe that *really* lives in that area: the Timbisha. They're actually Shoshone (not Paiute) :
www.thesierraweb.com...

And the Paiute name for Death Valley area is Pahrump (yes, like the neame of the town), and means "big spring" and refers to one of the water sources in the area:
www.lvccld.org...

So, yes... know that group of tall tales. Fun to tell around the campfire but about as much truth in it as in Nixon's famous "I am not a crook" statement.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
finally found the story and that is all it was a make believe story written in technology of the gold by david childress. the book was called Cave of the Ancients.www.amazon.com...=1118778723/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-1877700-6582220?v=glance&s=books

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
I am not sure about caves with ancient machinery but there is some (controvercial) disks called Dropa Stones found in China.

Those Dropa Stones are pretty interesting... too bad they're missing and can't be studied.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
I am familiar with the legends of the god's of the mountain but I have not heard reference to ancient machinery being found. Most of the legend go that there is a healing power that can / will heal most wounds and illnesses.

Ya, Have heard that myself ...

In scriptures Jesus spent a lot of time on the "mountain" ...

In my own culture we learn of 'power centers' ... Places holy men can go to send power to their people.

Sitting Bull is credited with the defeat of Custer and his boys, yet he was not at the battle. He was camped out on a mountain top/ power center.

As for technology, I once read O-rings that would work in our shuttles today had been found on a Afghan mountain. These ring carbon date 50,000 yrs old ... Not sure of its validity but am sure of the claim ....

~peace

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Speaking bout lakes wot if one of these peices of amchinary was hidden in say Loch ness adn emitted some strange radiation that isnt harmful but messes with ure mind making u see things like a 100ft monster.
I still believe in Nessie though.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Talk about myths that just won't die. It's funny how so much of what we talk about in this forum is from just a handful of authors who I like to call the Usual Suspects. In this case we are talking about Fredrick Spencer Oliver, the author of A Dweller On Two Planets. Whenever you hear ancient hightech in California, especially Mt. Shasta, start looking for this guy's finger prints.

In this case, Oliver's fingerprints take the form of Herbalizer's memory of something to do with China or Tibet. Oliver wrote under the pen name (or claimed that his story was given to him by) Phylos the Tibetan.

en.wikipedia.org...

ShawNee922, I hate to break it to you, but if these O-rings would work on the space shuttle they probably aren't made of organic matter (things like wood). If it's not organic, you can't carbon date it.

VDS

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   
The book written by Lobsang Rampa called the Cave of the Ancients tell of these caves. Here is a quote from part of the book online, intriguing to say the least www.galactic.no...

" This was the world of Long Long Ago. When the world was very young. Mountains stood where now there are seas, and the pleasant seaside resorts are now mountain tops. The weather was warmer and strange creatures roamed afield. This was a world of scientific progress. Strange machines rolled along, flew inches from the surface of the Earth, or flew miles up in the air. Great temples reared their pinnacles skywards, as if in challenge to the clouds. Animals and Man talked telepathically together. But all was not bliss; politicians fought against politicians. The world was a divided camp in which each side coveted the lands of the other. Suspicion and fear were the clouds under which the ordinary man lived. Priests of both sides proclaimed that they alone were the favoured of the gods. In the pictures before us we saw ranting priests - as now - purveying their own brand of salvation. At a price! Priests of each sect taught that it was a "holy duty" to kill the enemy. Almost in the same breath they preached that Mankind throughout the world were brothers. The illogicality of brother killing brother did not occur to them.

We saw great wars fought, with most of the casualties (sårede) being civilians. The armed forces, safe behind their armour, were mostly safe. The aged, the women and children, those who did not fight, were the ones to suffer. We saw glimpses of scientists working in laboratories, working to produce even deadlier weapons, working to produce bigger and better bugs to drop on the enemy. One sequence of pictures showed a group of thoughtful men planning what they termed a "Time Capsule" (tidskapsel)(what we called "The Cave of the Ancients"), wherein they could store for later generations working models of their machines and a complete, pictorial record of their culture and lack of it. Immense machines excavated the living rock. Hordes of men installed the models and the machines. We saw the cold light spheres hoisted in place, inert radio-active substances giving off light for millions of years. Inert in that it could not harm humans, active in that the light would continue almost until the end of Time itself.

We found that we could understand the language, then the explanation was shown, that we were obtaining the "speech" telepathically. Chambers such as this, or "Time Capsules", were concealed beneath the sands of Egypt, beneath a pyramid in South America, and at a certain spot in Siberia. Each place was marked by the symbol of the times; the Sphinx. We saw the great statues of the Sphinx, which did not originate in Egypt, and we received an explanation of its form. Man and animals talked and worked together in those far-off days. The cat was the most perfect animal for power and intelligence. Man himself is an animal, so the Ancients made a figure of a large cat body to indicate power and endurance, and upon the body they put the breasts and head of a woman. The head was to indicate human intelligence and reason, while the breasts indicated that Man and Animal could draw spiritual and mental nourishment each from the other. That Symbol was then as common as is Statues of Buddha, or the Star of David, or the Crucifix at the present day.

We saw oceans with great floating cities, which moved from land to land. In the sky floated equally large craft which moved without sound. Which could hover, and almost instantly flash into stupendous speed. On the surface' vehicles moved some inches above the ground itself, sup-ported in the air by some method which we could not determine. Bridges stretched across the cities carrying on slender cables what appeared to be roadways. As we watched we saw a vivid flash in the sky, and one of the largest bridges collapsed into a tangle of girders and cables. Another flash, and most of the city itself vanished into incandescent gas. Above the ruins towered a strangely evil-looking red cloud, roughly in the shape of a mushroom - miles high"

[edit on 3-7-2005 by VDS]

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I hate to be mean, but you do realize that T Lobsang Rampa was actually a British plumber named Cyril Hoskins, right?

www.serendipity.li...
www.globalserve.net...

Among his works is one whose title is rather revealing- the third eye. The third eye is an allusion to a central trait of Blavatsky's Third root race. (the first link expands on this connection).
He's a Blavatsky follower.
From Blavatsky we get the mystical version of Lemuria (the idea originated as a failed evolutionary hypothesis but was hijacked by the Theosophical Society to show that the occult was on the same page as the science of the times.)
en.wikipedia.org...

And from Blavatsky's Lemuria we get Oliver's "A Dweller on Two Planets", dealing with the survivors of Lemuria escaping to Shasta.

And that my friend is what brings you here- you read a plaigarised version of a Dweller on Two Planets written by a British plumber who claims to have been possessed by the spirit of a Tibetan sage named Rampa.

Like I said earlier, whenever this stuff comes up, it always comes back to the usual suspects.

Edit to add: in case the Blavatsky link doesn't look strong enough for you, just say so. All the Sphinx stuff reaks of "Isis Unveiled" and I'd be happy to look it up for you, if you insist.

[edit on 3-7-2005 by The Vagabond]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I've already said this but if people will hide their machinery in mountains couldn't they have also hid them in other places like lakes and seas. Or just under the ground in highly inaccesible areas, wasnt there some hidden rooms underneath the Sythinx but noone could dig there because it was a national treasure.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Well these are entertaining posts here ... there seems to be some tie with with the Legend of Atlantis here (some hyper-advanced technology buried by some act of nature or perhaps on purpose). I actually found one article once claiming that Atlantis was really in South America ... the author had analyzed some dried up river basins in North Chile on the border with Bolivia ... it's amazing to the extent to which we investigate these ideas!

I like the concept of an alien race of "gray people" in Tibet, as if the martians crash-landed there, and no wonder China wants Tibet nowadays, because clearly there is a flying saucer in there way cooler than anything that the Roswell UFO types would dream of ...

Well it sounds like a work of fiction ... but we do have strange things like the buried army of terracotta figures that is still being uncovered in China, and I've heard that inside certain mountains in Japan you can have "magnetized" water due to the mineral content that purportedly has medicinal uses. Certainly people that are tuned in to the spiritual side of things believe that there are certain "energy hotspots" around the world, places that for peculiar geographic reasons have different "energy" than other places on the planet. Being deep down in a cave might bring you closer to Earth's center of gravity and there are always certain minerals and isotopes that might give one a sense of the mystical.

It is claimed that Noah's Ark exists on a tall mountain (which would have been an island during the Great Flood if indeed there were just a thing). And recently I read an Eskimo story about a white man named Noah that brought a Giant Ark up north of Hudson's Bay in what is now northern Canada and it had animals on it like we read about in modern Christian teachings.

Certainly there is a fascination with mountains and caves that is very innate to our culture and beings. How it houses advanced technology is unclear. The movie about Mars where there is a special buried system that will oxygenate the planet if you put your hand in the special 4 fingered alien starter motor sort of captures this sense of the powerful, something that appears to not even have moving parts could somehow create a new atmosphere, and so on.

Bottom line is (hate to be a myth-buster on this), but while there are certainly many sorts of herbal and other sorts of heath-related teachings and substances that the ancients may have used that we are now only "rediscovering" as eastern and western health sciences merge and intermingle, it's very unlikely that there are any substantial scientific technologies "buried" waiting for some sort of new "messiah" to suddenly pick out like a new buddha child can "know" that certain possessions are inherently theirs at age 4 or whatever.

Human science and technology is not only the cutting edge of humans, it's the cutting edge of all forms of life on Earth, and unless you believe Tom Cruise that there are aliens out there, it's the cutting edge of all forms in the universe ...

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Yes. I have a secret picture of something huge in size and strange in appearance dug up. Apparently they burried it again.

Looking at it for me at least, there is nothing in my know or imagination that I could relate it to in function with or it's function alone..

Dallas

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join