It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PROMETHEUS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Ok guys check this out. Its not quittttte finished but should still entertain you for now

This is the first concept video for the PROMETHEUS 1. Just watch and give me your opinion and i will be happy to answer your questions
enjoy!

PROMETHEUS you might want to view it in "320" as it stalls a bit in bigger formats

It is basically a device that looks like one of those "virtual reality headsets". It puts the user into a deep state of subconscience where they are able to (and are repeatedly told to) retain the information given to them, at high speed, throughout the session. Once over the computer wakes up the user, much in the way a hypnotist would, and tells the user something along the lines of "after you awake, you will remember and be able to recall all information you have seen here, simply as though you had learned it at school or at work". I will employ an actual hypnotherapist to work out the finer details of the program and it will take a lot of programming and a lot of computing power, but! if all goes well then.....ultimate knowledge for all!

[edit on 12-6-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Intresting clip. Have you a prototype to display what the finished model may look like? Also, by what method is the information going to be assimilated? Visual, aureal, or a combination of the two?

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Both I anticipate. using both would save time as i could display charts and graphs and scripts or whatever the user is viewing while also teaching it additional information at the same time audially. (is that the correct word, i hate plurals
)Whilst i still need a grant to fund the project i hope there is a lot of interest in this field.

No there isnt a prototype. As I said the video is only the concept i will show in my presentation to get the investors interested. The device would be a headset, but the computer beside the device will have to hold some serious proccessing power to account for the extremely rapidly updating images and sound. The information will be displayed faster than normal speed (otherwise the learning proccess would take longer, possibly as long as normal, which defeats the object) but not too fast for the user to miss information.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
FYI you can learn as much martial arts and driving techniques from a computer as you want, but actualy doing martial arts and driving a fast car still needs quite a bit of physical training.

Not to mention that in both, theory is just a basis. Actualy doing them, in both fighting and racing comes from the basis combined with experience.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
O yes i am taking this into account most definately. Whats on the video is by no means is what would be displayed in the device. you are totally right to say that it is one thing to see the action, but to actually be able to do it is another matter. I am in the proccess of researching this further, but

To use the martial arts as an example, an image on the left screen their will most likely be a live-action video of a specific move, the right will be a shematic like drawing of a human, displaying how to position your body (annotated) and the audio instructing how to position the body, where your footing should be, centre of gravity etc. Each sections of information will be played over and over in most likely 1 hour sessions. Their will need to be safety precautions with this device as it is a headset and you will be placed in a hypnotic state etc. I plan to consult doctors, hypnotherapist and so on first, to get their personal opinions and improvments, before i even think about releasing it commercially. however if and when i recieve improvement methods from proffesionals i will of course alter the way the device works.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
PS. the video looks much better when played through windows media player on your computer.

(Simply once you have clicked on the link, right click the media player screen, properties, then copy the url, go into WMP and click file, open url. voila!

PPS. Prometheus was the greek god of knowledge

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
So have you built this thing? Have you already compiled 'lessons'? Does this thing work? Has it been tested? Does it even exist?

All you've given us is a short SciFi clip about something that would be neat, but isnt available to research.. call me a skeptic

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Shadow, I don't mean the physical mechanics to do the moves or the physical mechanics to racing.

Martial arts is all about stamina, fitness, strength, trained reactiontime of your muscles, trained flexibility of your joints and so on. With Racing its mainly reactiontime and stamina.

Digital hypnotics training systems can be used to train knowledge, not physical skills.

The reason why it did work in a movie like The Matrix is because the actual fighting they did was in a simulated environment, where the characters only limits in physical abilities were the limits preset in the system.

So if they were digitaly trained to do martial arts, their digital enactment of the martial arts would be theoreticaly perfect since the need of physical training is removed in there.

The only thing you need to do in a matrix like environment is believe your strong or believe you have stamina.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
No i havent built the thing. I need to employ people to build it, compile lessons, iron out the technical, psychological and so on details of the device. It will eventually become a company effort. I just thought i'd post my presentation concept film asI thought people would be interested in the work im doing.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I know this is offtopic but what happened to the supposed hoverboard concept you were working on? Have you found flaws in your designs, or have you just not started working on it yet?

BTW, good idea with the mind enhancement product, there are already many out there, however not many of them present you with preset information. That reason alone may allow your product to blossom.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
so...

YOU are creating this???

do you know the amount of money YOU will get for creating something like this

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
cool video...shouldn't it say "built in" not "build in"??

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritwalker
cool video...shouldn't it say "built in" not "build in"??

i guess it can't teach you to spell

just playing...

this will be niiice

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Sigma just quickly in relation to the hoverboard I have currently been doing my A-level examinations (dont know what the equivalent is in america) so havent had time to work on the hoverboard. However I come across a substantial amount of money in 6 days so I can begin to build the finished model prototype. YAY!

TheMatrix obviously yes if you want to KNOW martial arts the lazy mans way, this device should do the trick. But the device cannot put you in peak performance, you will have to do that yourself. Ok you wont be able to kick twice as high as your head with just the device neturally etc, but imagine this:

Your a woman, or teenage girl, walking home from the cinema or a friends house, and a man jumps out. Now wouldn't be better to have at least the advantage of knowing martial arts or self defense (and know them more extensively and accurately than years of training would ever do).

The prometheus, now i think of it could also throughout the sessions, give suggestions to the user to keep fit, eat healthily etc. which would go hand in hand with these lessons.

I would go as far to say it could help people with weight problems as the device could contain specific lessons that condition the user not to eat fatty foods as much as they do, eat more vegetables etc. Again i will consult a dietician and a hypnotherapist whilest collating the information and audio for this particular session. I believe this kind of subconscience conditioning will be far more effective than any diet or pills etc.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
And what the hell! it says "build"!!! guess i DO need this for spelling!
but as i said the video isnt entirely finished.

[edit on 13-6-2005 by Shadow88]

new topics

top topics

join