It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative NC Republican Calls For Withdrawel From Iraq

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Congressman Jones has seen the light, and the error of his ways. He has confessed it and now is seeking a way to lessen our forces there, without abandoning the mission and with honor. I applaud his honesty, at least now; however late. If more of his colleagues would be honest with themselves maybe, just maybe they would do their job for once and MAKE this administration do right by our men and women in uniform.

Lessen our forces? Without abandoning the mission?
Didn't he say "we've done all we can there?" What kind of a statement is that to make?

I don't care how sorry he is, he is a pathetic being and a traitor to this country and maybe even a traitor to the world, not to mention a red-handed liar. He talks about "freedom and democracy, supporting the troops," but once the going got rough, he decided to call for full withdrawal, abandonment of the mission, and proves he is as worthless as anybody in the U.S. government.

He deserves whatever hardships are roaring towards him. What a stupid f**k and a liar. If he thinks all our problems will just disappear, he'll be the first to find out the truth.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I didn't vote for him. And I did not agree with his position to begin with. I don't think he was fooled, as they all say. I think they were led along by the nostrils by the GOP leadership. I thought his idea for FREEDOM FRIES was beyond ridiculous, not to mention just plain stupid and petty. Oh but the masses ate that up, no pun intended.

Perhaps he will lose his seat and be forced to go back to a real job in the real world for his foolishness. Perhaps they all should.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
I didn't vote for him. And I did not agree with his position to begin with. I don't think he was fooled, as they all say. I think they were led along by the nostrils by the GOP leadership. I thought his idea for FREEDOM FRIES was beyond ridiculous, not to mention just plain stupid and petty. Oh but the masses ate that up, no pun intended.

Perhaps he will lose his seat and be forced to go back to a real job in the real world for his foolishness. Perhaps they all should.

If he wasn't fooled, then he is a sure-handed liar that does not support the troops and used that ridiculous "freedom and democracy" rhetoric only as a mask.

For all those of you so quick to call people anti-American, look no further than Congressman Walter Jones (R-NC).

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Here's an article from today's Charlotte Observer.

N.C. Republicans splitting over Iraq

Jones' timetable push could get support, but others stick with policy

TIM FUNK

Observer Washington Bureau

WASHINGTON - As national polls chart the public's growing division over the wisdom of going to -- and staying in -- Iraq, a similar split is emerging among Republicans in North Carolina's congressional delegation:

• Rep. Walter Jones, who championed "freedom fries" as a slap at the French for not backing the Iraq war, made national news Sunday by telling ABC's George Stephanopoulos that he'll introduce a resolution this week calling on President Bush to set a timetable for bringing U.S. troops home.
www.charlotte.com...

Some noteable comments about the social conservative:

Jones, 62, says his change of heart didn't happen overnight.

He says he felt deceived when he was told that so-called "neoconservatives" in the Pentagon had wanted to invade Iraq long before Sept. 11.

He got "very, very upset," he says, when he learned there were no weapons of mass destruction "and that information was manipulated to justify the invasion."

And then there were all the casualties. Every weekend, Jones wrote condolence letters to the families of the fallen -- more than 1,700 now. He even attended funerals of soldiers killed in battle.

"Just how many American boys and girls have to die before we say to the Iraqis: `It's time for you to defend your country," says Jones, a former Democrat whose father also served in Congress.

And this comment from Mel Watt, a liberal congressman:

Jones is not known as a congressman who holds his finger in the wind. "Walter ain't much on watching polls," says Rep. Mel Watt, a Democrat of Charlotte. "He makes up his own mind."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join