It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Informal poll - What's your strangest paranormal experience?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Science scoffs at UFOs, ESP, mythical creatures, and just about everything paranormal.

Yet, when I talk to people in person, just about everyone has had at least one experience that falls into the paranormal category, and many have had more than one.

I've had a number of them. For example, sometimes I can tell something is going to happen before it actually does. I knew my mother had died before anyone told me, despite the fact that she was more than 1000 miles away. I had a co-worker who had seen a UFO. There are others, but you get the idea.

So I thought we could do an informal poll. What's the strangest paranormal experience you've ever had? Alien abduction? UFO sighting? ESP experience? Talking with the dead?

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Well, mine is along story. So I will make it short. I will post the whole story in length at a later date.

Summer 2004. I moved into a new apartment it. At first I didn't notice anything unsual. After a week or so of living there, I kept getting woke up about 1:30am to 3am. Waking up in sheer terror that someone was in my room or in my closet. I tried to dimiss it, but it kept happening. Some sort of "Feng Shui" I thought it was, a psychological perception of the interior design.

This went on and on. Then I got married, wife moved it, I didn't tell her about any of it. She started experiancing it, and it grew in instensity. From feelings of terror, to voices coming from the kitchen, plates moving by themselves to her being held down and screaming (with no sound coming out!). She told me she thought it was "haunted", I did my best to try to explain it away. Days later, she told me she was hearing a conversation come from the kitchen and heard things moving in the kitchen and it was cold in the closet.

I thought about it, and decided, not to call the pastor or some Paranormal researchers, I read Psalms 91 aloud and towards the closet. It left, the irony is, it went to the neighbor upstairs! That evening we would get waken up by the sound of heavy furniture moving and the upstairs neighbor freaking out, smashing sounds, etc. And that went on and on.
It seems like the upstairs neighbor started staying there less and less.
The CREEPIEST is when, I saw the upstairs neighbor leave in a hurry, looking like he was sweating, and then the furniture started moving around above me. That same night, I heard a cat crying outside the window, (my wife asleep in the bedroom), I open up the door and she screams "CLOSE THE DOOR! HE IS TRYING TO GET IN!!" So I slam the door shut, and no sign of a cat when I look out the window.

It left us along after that, it just harasses the neighbors!! The Neighbor next to us, moves out, the neighbor above us move out.

We moved out and told the land lord, he thought we were crazy.

[edit on 11-6-2005 by Godzilla1985]

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Whoa, that's some experience! I've been fortunate to have never been exposed to any ghostly experiences. Perhaps they don't like the look of me!

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I have been reviewing the situation, what happened, why it happened to us, and what was it's purpose..

I have long since been studying the paranormal, since 1996. I knew that waiting for Clergy to step in, it would gain more power and more control. Because that seemed to have been part of formula in numberous case studies. Denial, then the problem becomes too big. Then it has control.

I don't have any idea what happened in the past on the land or in the apartment. All I know is Wyatt Erp owned the land back in the early 1900's and it's next to San Diego's first openly gay bar. The Apartment was also renovated before I moved it, which, renovations do often play a key into this phenomena. How it got there in the first place is unknown.

Also, what else happened was, one evening, I was awoke in sheer terror, I was fully awake but was still afraid of something in the direction of the closet. I started repeating the Rites of Exorcism lines from the move "The Exorcist", yelling "In the Name of Jesus I command you to leave! The Body of Christ compells you! The Holy Spirit Compells you! The Blood of the martyrs compells you! God himself Compells you!" I went through the whole thing until it left.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Hmm, um, so you know the demons win in the Exorcist, right?

Not the Devil, he does not exist in the movie, but Demons are able to kill TWO of the holiest men, and still, the movie is seen as somehow effectual?

They did nothing (as you did), but force the relocation of the entity.

I think they are just flattered when you mention the blood of martyrs, really, because it may have had something to do with them.

My strangest experiences, with-holding that of meeting strange people, are all to do with numbers, and looking at clocks at very unusual times. Most people would put this down to just looking at clocks a lot over the course of the day/life. What I am saying is the times it has been strange, its like I don't even KNOW why I am looking at the clock at all!

You just DO!

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   

My strangest experiences, with-holding that of meeting strange people, are all to do with numbers, and looking at clocks at very unusual times.

What makes looking at the clock strange - I'd say it's pretty normal under most circumstances. Especially when waiting to get off work!

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by akilles
Hmm, um, so you know the demons win in the Exorcist, right?

I was in sheer terror, I really didn't know what else to do. I wanted to just crawl up into a ball and hope it would go away, I felt I was in more danger if I did that. I don't think I would react any differently if I was in the same situation again.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Well, AWingAndASigh I copied and pasted this from my blog. I got tired of writing it over and over again. (Even though it was kinda of scarey, at that time) I sometimes wish 'they' would come back, because now I have a really good camera, a telephone and electricity. If I would have had even a telephone, at that time I could have atleast called the cops. They probably would have brought the paddy wagon with them, until they seen those objects for themselves! The cops would have had plenty of time to get here.

I have seen many Unidentified Flying Objects in these skies near Area 51, but this one takes the cake.

It was a cloudless day in September of 1995. At that time there was no electricity or phone lines available, in this area. We were extremely secluded from other people. Generators and solar panels were our source of electricity. The wells generator was a 10K, due to the depth of over 450 feet.
That morning the water ran out at 9:30 a.m. so I had to go outside and pump some more up from the well. The well is about 100 feet from the house. Just as I was going to pull on the rope I heard an airforce jet and looked up. Airforce jets are certainly not unusual for this area, but what was unusual was there were six star-like objects following it. I ran to the house to get my daughter to see this strange event. I guess I just wanted someone else to verify what I was in fact seeing. Within minutes the jet, with the objects following it went out of sight. They were heading north towards Area 51. My daughter and I were baffled as to what those things were, but I proceeded to pump up the water from the well.
We went back inside and my daughter started doing the morning dishes. We'd talk about those strange lights, following the jet. I brushed it off.... as some military secret project of some kind. After doing all the mornings chores the water ran out again. It was 11:30 a.m.
Just as I opened the door to go outside THERE THEY WERE! Directly above my head at 12:00 o'clock high at approximately 100 feet up. There were anywhere from 150-200 of these star-like objects. I yelled to my daughter to come see this! We both went outside right underneath them. We just stood there and watched in awe.
The objects ranged from the size of a basketball to that of a tennis ball. They could maneuver up, down, sideways, and zig-zag. They were silent and even appeared to be dancing, across the sky. Moving ever-so slowly. I felt (they knew) we were watching them.
My daughter asked, " Mom what are those things?" Moms are supposed to have the answers right? This time I didn't have a clue and responded, I don't know???
I call them a star-like objects, because they were a brilliant white light. These too were moving north which would be in the direction of Area 51. One of the basketball size lights almost lit on our 8 foot fence and was approximately 20 feet from us. It started making a strange noise. An extremely irritating humming sound and was changing from the light form, into what appeared metallic. That's when my daughter and I decided to flee back into the house. I know it was 11:30 a.m. when we went outside. It was 1:30 p.m. when we got back into the house. We didn't say a word to each other and both of us felt afraid.
I guess we were not the only ones in Nevada to see these strange lights. People in Las Vegas seen them too. Garage doors were opening mysteriously, for no reason. The media was told that the Awax plane caused that. As far as the lights go.... The military brushed it off by saying it was army guys, in the nearby mountains using laser beams.
I'm sorry but I don't buy that excuse. We did see these same lights again, during the 911 no fly time. There were only about a dozen of them at that time and they were at a much higher altitude. I just hope they are ours. Otherwise.....we're being invaded folks.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Sometimes during meditation or when i about to wake up, I felt that my spirit was being Forcely pull out of my body...

In every occasion, I fight back but the pull get stronger everytime...

These experiences made think about this famous startrek borg phrase...

"Resistance is Futile..."

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Wow, those are some really interesting experiences! Thanks for sharing them.

Just reassures me that unusual occurences are pretty normal stuff.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I'm one of the biggest skeptics there is when it comes to paranormal stuff, but I'll share two related stories that happened to me.

A few summers ago I worked at a warehouse. One day I was working in the largest room in the building, about the size of a school gymnasium, with about a dozen coworkers. I was in the middle of the room digging in some boxes, when I heard a voice whisper my name. I looked up but no one was there, so I kept working. A few seconds later, I heard the voice again. This time I did a slow 360 deg turn to see who it was. The closest person was about 25 feet away, and nobody was looking in my direction. I shrugged it off as my mind playing tricks on me.

A few days later I was talking to a coworker and he told me that the warehouse was rumoured to be haunted. I said how I thought that was pretty cool, just laughed, and he told me that a couple of coworkers claimed to have seen and heard it. I just smiled and nodded. Then he told me that the ghost apparently liked to call out people's names. I remembered the experience related above, and thought that was either a really large coincidence or else, well, maybe there really was a ghost hanging around.

Some time after this (probably weeks, not sure exactly) I was in the loading area cleaning up for the day. There was a radio playing. I went over to it and turned the dial to 'off'. The radio kept playing. Thinking perhaps I had turned the wrong dial, I tried all the other dials, and none of them did anything. Confused (and feeling a little stupid I couldn't turn off a radio!) I simply unplugged the thing. It kept playing. Still thinking in 'normal' terms, I assumed it was running on batteries. I opened it up to take them out, and the battery compartment was empty. By this point, I could think of no logical explanation why the radio was still playing, but by this point I knew the warehouse was supposed to be haunted, and I just had to wonder what was going on. I left the radio alone and it stopped playing on its own soon after, just a few moments.

Other coworkers had weird stories about that place, too, that I could relate, but I don't want to bother with second hand stories. The two above are the ones I experienced personally.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
When I was watching "Most Haunted" some plant pot lifted by itself, then it fell, landing where it was found then the TV changed channels about 20 times!

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Now the real interesting question about some of these experiences are were they caused by someone else (ghosts, spirits, aliens or what have you), or were they caused by OUR subconscious mind? Like telekenetic abilities or something?

The common occurrence of events like these is one of the reasons why I wish they could be seriously studied.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Mine is both me and my girlfriend separately without knowing each other was being haunted by a little boy. It freaked us out but we still dont know who it is.

I saw little boy in blue dungerees run across my kitchen clutching a teddy bear, when i went to look there was no one there as if he had run into the wall. i went to my girlfriends where she told me about a dream she had about her holding a little boy in blue dungerees, holding a brown teddy bear. that was the first time.....

we both regularly have encounters with the little boy. Is it a ghost? or some kind of future ghost of our son??? is that even possible? ive never heard of it if it is.....

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Well, this is one of many of my dad's encounter with demons......

In Greece (Agrinio-neromana)Aged around 12 or 15 he was walking alone in the town and out of no-where rocks and stones would be thrown at him.....none of them hitting him......As my dad approached a small chappel(these are built all over Greece ) the rocks and stones stopped.....My dad would continue walking past the chappel and they would start again......he actually would tell the demons to throw them(hmmmm)....

My grandfather (blessed memory) also encountered alot of wierd stuff....being in the country,he kept sheep and other farm animals......one night he noticed that the dog he always had around was not there......he called it but the dog would not come ......he noticed that one of the animals was unusual and after watching it for awhile, the animal began to grow as big as a horse(It wasn't a horse)and then it floated into the air and exploded.....

Another thing was my dad loved to go through the cemetary at night and walk around(beats me why he did this) he saw women very pretty and floating on top of peoples houses and sitting on the roof......they didn't touch him or anything........

There's alot more, but I have to talk to dad again.........another time!

I have had similar experiences with voices(not in my head!)
I use to do alot of seances ........many voices speaking at once calling to me to go outside.....(this happened awhile back)

I actually ordered a raven(or black bird of some kind) to visit someone.....(not a big deal, but this was at night and birds don't normally fly at this time.....I actually wantd to see if demons can grant you stuff....hmmmm....what was I thinking!

Anyway........

IX
helen

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by AWingAndASigh

I've had a number of them. For example, sometimes I can tell something is going to happen before it actually does. I knew my mother had died before anyone told me, despite the fact that she was more than 1000 miles away.

I had the exact same thing happen to me just posted on another thread..I was sound asleep when the phone rang..I knew exactly who it was and what she would say. Also My husband saw one of those silent black triangle low, slow flying things back in 1982 on his way home from work. There was an very small airbase nearby however. (Some people say they are one of our government projects) I didn't know what to say to him but the look on his face told me something was wrong..and if anyone would be a sceptic, he would!!!

Also I dream things before they happen a few to several times a year. The thing ususally occurs within 2-3 months. Things like someone unexpectedly moving, a horseback riding accident in a specific way, etc.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Hey mwen i have had the same experience when i was trying to have an OBE. I saw the thing (not it's face though) and it tried to pull me out three times but i resisted. I had an extreme feeling of adrenaline or something each time he pulled at my chest. It has only happened once to me. Some long metal rod was also in my left shoulder. Maybe it is a soul hunter or something, he's a skinny thing but quite strong. I wonder what would have happened if he managed to pull me out. I was also thinking that maybe when it pulls it is taking energy from us or something.

Besides bad OBE experiences i haven't seen any UFO's, Bigfoot's or anything like that. I wish people would walk around with HD video cameras so when they get good videos of UFO's and such we can zoom in and get a good look. If i wasn't such a chicken # i would go into these dark woods with a HD cam and go look for these strange creatures and UFO's myself. Why can't NBC go and do it? I am sure they would get good ratings if they caught some scary stuff on video. I have seen documentaries before but whenever they get scared #less by something they say they don't want to talk about it, wtf, then why did you film a documentary about some devil thing in the woods? If that happens i feel they lose all credibility.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
meeting Satan...3 times.

[edit on 14-6-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
For me, it was when I was just a boy and running a very high 104 degree fever. Later in the evening, somewhere around 11pm to 12am, I question, but believe that I astral projected myself. It is a vivid recollection to this day. The detail of the memory is what I can't get over.

Anyway, I think this happened.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I've probably had similiar "odd things" happen, but I either repressed them or they didnt occur, which is more likely.

Nothing is beyond explanation, you'd be surprized how much !@#$ people do just to terribly freak friends and coworkers out. Its rather funny but then we have people who believe it...

Honestly, I doubt a ghost would want ot visit me, lest I tell him hes not real and and vanish.

The day someone sucessfully reads my mind will be the day I eat my shoe. And I have very good shoes.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join