It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Informal poll - What's your strangest paranormal experience?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Raider:

You're down to 15 points!!!

I think you might get banned...

Take it easy my friend, if i was you!

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   
One of my oddest experiences was : My husband and I were working in the back yard when we heard screeching brakes and a terrible crash out front. We ran around the house, expecting to see a car accident. ( we live on a rather bad curve, and there have been numerous accidents in the years we have lived here). There was nothing there!!! No traffic at all, nothing even in the road that might have fallen off a passing truck.

My husband even got into his car and drove around the 'block' to see if the accident had occured further around the curve, out of our line of sight. We live in a bit of a remote area, and he was sure some one would need help...the crash had sounded so bad.

He had been gone only a few minutes, When I heard what sounded like the same crash......screeching brakes and a loud smashing of metal. In disbelief I ran back to the front of the house and this time there it was...a three vehicle accident!! ( You can imagine the look on my husband's face when he pulled into the yard!)

We have often told the story of the accident that we heard a good fifteen minutes before it occured......precognition? deja vu? a warning?

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
The weirdest thing that ever happened to me was one day my husband and I were sitting on the end of our bed talking and We both saw a shadow of a figure passing thru our hallway I swear whatever it was passed right by us like 5 feet away at first I thought I was seeing things untill my husband jumped up and asked did you see that? He was so startled he checked the whole house looking for any possable intruders.We have no idea what it was.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I have been living with Paranormal events for so long I would be hard pressed to pick any one as the strangest.

But I will describe one that happened very early on, an event that helped to propel me into my life long study of all things occult.

One day I was in an intense discussion with a friend of mine, not an argument we are actually trying to work up a proposal for a local TV show. We had been at it for so long that I threw together a simple pan of lasgania and toss it into the oven.

350 degrees, 90 minutes later, it was done. Timer went off, we kept talking. Timer went off again, still we kept talking. On the third chirp of the Timer I got up and stepped across the room to the oven, talking all the while.

Without a thought I reached into the oven with my bare hands, grabbed the glass pan and proceeded to step back to where my friend was sitting. All the while the discussion continued. As I sat the pan down on the table I realized that my friend had stopped talking and his eyes were as big as saucers.

'What?', I asked.

"My god man, your hands!" he said with mortal fear in his voice.

I turned my hand over and showed them to him, they were just slightly red and only a bit warm.

Realization of what I had just done hit me like a ton of bricks, I slumped down into my seat as the implications roared through my brain.

I should mention at this point that up until that moment my only religion was Science. I scoffed at the mystics and 'religious wackos' and thought they were all just misguided fools. I was not unemotional, far from it, but I controled them because I thought that to not do so was to become irrational.

As you can imagine the topic of our converstation changed. My friend, while also a strong believer in Science, also knew something of the mystic and so we begain to explore how what just happened could have occured.

Sweat as a barrier, no I was not sweaty and even if I was, that temp would have burned it off in a mico-second. Speed, no, that pan was in my hands for a number of seconds, far more time than needed. I should have begun to burn the moment I grabbed on.

The only possible conclusion was that the Laws of Science as we commonly accept them are not Laws at all, they are Rules that can be bent. I was so distracted by our converstation that whatever part of my mind that has to contribute some part to the event did not do so.

And as we discussed it I remembered things from my childhood. My grandmother was one of those wizards in the kitchen, she taught me how to cook. I remembered back then times when I would grab a spoon that had been sitting in a pot and yelping from the heat, only to watch her grab it the next moment with no problems. The seed of the idea was known to me then but I just never paid any real attention.

But what had just happened I could not ignore. The mystics have been right all along. We participate in the creation of Reality, things happen because we allow them to happen.

The result of this, and a couple of other things that happened around the same time sent me off on a quest that seems to have no end.

To this day I cannot do this intentionally, I pride myself on the power of my will but I cannot repeat this event. I have however done it accidentally twice. So please, do not attempt this, you will be burned.

A.T
(-)

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
This will sound very sad but. I only got into the paranormal because of my friend. Who then got mad at me and hurt me on many levels litteraly. That goes down as my strangest. Also seeing/doing any movement with your mind on objects is always wierd for me what can I say I just started

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I get quite a bit of precognition/dream clairvoyance. There have been about 3 vivid times I can recollect. I will tell you about one.
In about 2003 I had a vivid dream. I can't explain why I had this dream, there was nothing to bring it about and as far as I can tell it meant nothing. I was basically flying around a house which I had never seen before. The house and the garden outside were crystal clear and I can remember where everything was and how the dream went, to this day. Llike I said it was a very vivid dream).
The house was empty with noone living in it and the trees outside were like they were in autumn. It was also night time. After getting to know this place well the dream ended and I woke up, and I remember thinking that I had just had a wild, vivid dream.
So anyways, I move out of my current house in 2004 and about 8 months after the dream, I am biking through the neighbourhood around my new condo. And as soon as I get up this one rise, I am looking down on this house. Instantly my memories flash to the dream and it comes back in full colour, there is also a chill up my spine. The view was the exact view from my dream. Then I continue biking along the path and can still see the house, all the while the angles I am viewing it at, are from my dream. Except now I am on a bike path about 50 meters away and not flying in and around the house. It was one of the freakiest moments in my life.
Like I said I've had others very similar to this experience. Either my brain is severely faulty and I see things like I remember them, or there is such a thing as dream clairvoyance and precognition.
I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has had similar experiences.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
It is not often I see a Thread which I think is worthy of a bump back up to the top to let others have a chance to contribute. This one I think deserves another run through the top page.

So if you have a story to tell, share it.

A.T
(-)

[edit on 9/14/05 by Alexander Tau]

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I don't believe what I'm about to describe is necessarily the strangest things to happen to me but maybe some of the coolest strange things. I remember when I was a college student living in a group of 12 story brick dorm buildings and the night was a bit windy. I decided I wanted to play an arcade game in the building just a short walk away. The lobby of these buildings had some large heavy duty mostly steel and glass doors. It was so windy that they were blowing open a foot or two before closing again on occasion. Anyway as I walked close to the next building and was about to get close enough to the lobby door to push it open, it mysteriously opened all the way for me and stayed like that while I walked through. Then it mysteriously closed right after I walked through as if some invisible door man was there. I thought it was amusing that someone in the lobby saw me and this and stumbled on some chairs in his hurry to get away from me. I thought it was odd but probably coincidence. I played the arcade games for a good thirty minutes keeping an eye on that door to see if it occasionally swung open past a foot or two. It never did. That is until I started to leave and then it opened for me again and waited for me to walk through before closing. Then the door in my building did the same thing right before I was ready to enter it. That was weird but I liked it.

One other strange thing occurred when I was walking back to my dorm building. A whirlwind formed around me and moved with me inside the middle of it. I was perfectly centered in it and moving at the same speed as it was for at least a few seconds. That was the first and only time I remember being in a dust devil and walking inside of it. I eventually got some dust in my face though since I didn't want to stay inside it and had arrived at my dorm building.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   
It's a little long so I'll try to shorten it a bit.

A few years ago, by "best" childhood friend asked me if I had ever had any really "vivid" dreams about floating/flying around the city to wich I responded "yes" and began to tell him about one.

I was about 13 or 14 and had just had a fight with my mother (as teens do lol). I was sent to my room where I flopped on my bed in rage, burried my face into my pillow, and all I could think about was getting out of my house and going to my friend's house. The next thing I remember was floating towards my bedroom window surrounded by a silvery grey haze. On my way "through" the window I "hit" (more like passed through) a golden haze . This collision was very disorienting and I spun out of control untill I regained my bearings about 30 feet in the air above my front yard. Having my bearings back, and realizing for the first time that I was "flying", I set off for my friend's house.
I "flew" between 100 and 150 feet above the rooftops and his house was about 5 miles away but I could see it "glowing" in the distance the whole way even though realistically from that vantage point it would have been blocked from view by taller houses, a hospital, and trees.
As I approached the house the thought occured that the door was locked (lol) so I curved around to the side of the house to "knock" on his bedroom window. When I got there, I instinctively flew through the closed window and pivoted around the foot of his bed.

This is where is where my friend said "stop" to my story. Then he asked "What were you looking at?" To which I responded "WHAT!?!"
Again he said "You pivoted around the foot of my bed and turned your head back to my wall shelves like you were looking for something, then looked back at me. What were you looking at?"
This really freaked me out for two reasons. First, I was telling him about "my dream", how would he know? And second, I completely forgot that part of the "dream" untill he mentioned it. What happened was that I heard a noise and turned my head to investigate. I could see "through" his shelves, the wall behind, and a bit of the bathroom/hallway wall behind that (as if a hole had opened through all three) to see his mother getting up to go to the kitchen. From his vantage point it just looked like I was looking at the shelves themselves.
Then he said "after that you just started floating, kinda feet first, up through the ceiling trying to "swim" back but failing". Which was EXACTLY what I remembered!
The next thing I remember was flying back through my bedroom window and pausing near my bed with the feeling that something had been there in that exact spot next to my bed where I hovered. Then I awoke.

All those years I just assumed it was nothing more than a really vivid dream but now have come to the opinion that it was a lower astral projection aka an O.B.E.. My friend actually saw my astral self there in his room and was able to tell me about my "dream" before I could even finish my story. Turns out, he's had quite a few himself but he is usually surrounded by a yellow/golden haze.
As a sidenote if anyone has any experience with this or aura perception please let me know. I've been curious about silver vs golden hazes/auras and would like to find a reputable reference.
Hope ya enjoyed my experience, and I've always enjoyed posing the main question of this thread to friends, to get their perception/definition of "paranormal".

[edit on 18/9/05 by redmage]

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfernoBreeze
I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has had similar experiences.

I have.

It was the summer of 96 and I was living on my own in my first apt.. For about a week straight, every night, I had a dream that I was driving down a nearby highway to my fathers house. Rounding a right-hand curve, my front drivers side tire came loose and I hit the median, spun, and was "t-boned" by a semi-truck, which of course startled me awake everytime.
Needless to say, after a week of this, I was startled awake for the last time. To ease my mind I got up and went out to my car across the street, in my pajamas none the less lol, and pulled off the vanity cap on my 86 skylark. Two of the five lug-nuts dropped into the cap and a third was finger loose. I can't explain how gratefull I was but I shook/shivered for about an hour.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I actually had a real personal experience once.. just one time..

I'm still not quite sure if it was a dream or not.. but whatever it was it scared the crap out of me..

I was trying to fall asleep when I felt the bed move.. much like if someone sat down on the edge. I knew no one was in the room because the door was shut so I just laid there, on my side. I felt the "presence" get close to my face, as if it were looking at me, and then I heard it breathing near my ear. I was freaking out, so scared I couldnt move. Paralyzed. Eventually, I gathered myself, spun around swinging my fists only to find nothing there.

I've never slept in that room since.

The first things that were going through my head was it was an alien coming to abduct me.. or some ghost.. But considering I don't beleive in either, I assumed it was a bum, or some robber so I figured I'd knock his ass out before he could do anything sinister to me.. lol

Good thing it wasnt my wife trying to play a trick on me :x

I still think it was a dream. The whole paralyzed thing is what makes me think this. I've never been one to be afraid and not act.. and the fact I couldn't move, or react, makes me think it was a very real-feeling dream until I became so scared I woke myself up.. who knows..

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   
When I was living in a student dorm in Holland, I was lying down one day, almost falling asleep but still awake. Suddenly I was looking at my computer monitor and there was an image on it. You might think that I just sat up and started to look at my monitor, but the problem was that my computer and my monitor where off, and my eyelids were closed!! A second later from the shock, I really open my eyes, and noticed that I was still lying down. I looked at my monitor and sure enough... It was off.

I experienced that about five times afterwards. When at the time I was on Aruba on vacation. I would lie down, having my thoughts running, and suddenly all my thoughts would stop. My ears would start a soft ringing and my eyelids would get lighter as if someone is flashing a light into my eyes. Then my eyelids would become transparent and I could see through them. At this point I'm not asleep; I'm wide awake as I am typing these words now.

One of the times I experienced this, I saw a fan of mine, an old green fan at the end of the bed. The problem here is, that we threw away that same fan more than 10 years ago! Furthermore my body and the whole place was shaking violently at the moment as if there was an earthquake. And there was also a loud rumbling sound at the same time.

Now I know that I was then in the hypnagogic state when this happened, and that I was close to having an OOBE.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I've had quite a few paranormal experiences over the years, from the time I was 5 or 6 (I'm 25 now).

At 5 years-old, I slept in a room in which a 104 year-old woman, named Anna, had died. She had also died in the bed that I slept in (my father was too cheap to get a new mattress). Most nights I would feel Anna, standing at the foot of the bed, and sometimes she'd move to stand beside the head. And I would feel her staring at my. She wasn't trying to scare me, I think, just watch over me. I'd known her when she had still been alive.
My father, who didn't believe in ghosts, told me years later that he would see Anna walk through the closed doors of the rooms.

My father and I used to travel throught the South, on summer cross-country trips. To do this, we had to go through Dismal Swamp (a 30 mile long marsh, created by an long abandoned shipping canal, running from VA to NC, with a highway running its length). Road noises always put me to sleep, but 3 miles before we entered the Swamp I'd wake up, because I felt a malvolent presence. As we entered, I'd feel this presence watching, and I'd stay awake until we were about 3 miles out of the swamp.

When I was 12, we were taking care of a sick elderly man who had lived in the back of his shoe repair shop for 42 years. 3 times on 3 days,when he was on the brink of death, the repair machine turned on by itself. During that same week, I felt his spirit hovering over his body, up near the ceiling. Fortunately, he didn't die, but it was kinda nerve-wracking.

I can't think of anything else right now.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by akilles
Hmm, um, so you know the demons win in the Exorcist, right?

Not the Devil, he does not exist in the movie, but Demons are able to kill TWO of the holiest men, and still, the movie is seen as somehow effectual?

They did nothing (as you did), but force the relocation of the entity.

I think they are just flattered when you mention the blood of martyrs, really, because it may have had something to do with them.

My strangest experiences, with-holding that of meeting strange people, are all to do with numbers, and looking at clocks at very unusual times. Most people would put this down to just looking at clocks a lot over the course of the day/life. What I am saying is the times it has been strange, its like I don't even KNOW why I am looking at the clock at all!

You just DO!

Okay... that was weird! After reading your post, I looked at the clock and it was exactly 22.22

Off the top of my head, my strangest experience was when my friend thought there was a spirit in the house and we did loads of things to see if he was right... Anyway, to cut a long story short... I saw a lit cigarette float in the air then drop to the floor... I wish I had filmed it.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
Well, this is one of many of my dad's encounter with demons......

In Greece (Agrinio-neromana)Aged around 12 or 15 he was walking alone in the town and out of no-where rocks and stones would be thrown at him.....none of them hitting him......As my dad approached a small chappel(these are built all over Greece ) the rocks and stones stopped.....My dad would continue walking past the chappel and they would start again......he actually would tell the demons to throw them(hmmmm)....

I've had something hit me twice in the last few weeks. The first time was when I was walking home from the train station, I was walking up my road at about 9 o'clock in the evening and a big stone it my left shoulder. I looked round and my neighbour was walking behind me holding some bags in BOTH hands, I was quite confused. The second time was I was hanging out some washing on the line to dry in the garden and something it me in my eye and it really hurt, too! I couldn't see out of that eye for a few hours.
Maybe a bird dropped something out of it's mouth and it happened to hit me in the eye? If so, it was a damn good shot!

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Boy, I have so many. I hope I can remember them all.

I grew up in a haunted house. Had several things happen. You could here it come up the stairs at night. We had a three story house and it would slowly come up to my room. It would breath in my ears, pull my hair, open and close the closet doors, rattle my mirror among many other things. It mainly bothered me and my mom, but basically left my dad, sister and brother alone.

When I was married to my first husand we went skiing in Telluride once and the house that we stayed was so demonized it was terrible. You could just feel the evil in the air. When I was in the shower a cobweb like thing fell over my entire body...and no it was not a spiderweb. His parents also had a ranch in Fairview that was very haunted....you could hear men talking and laughing on the porch and noone was out there. Everyone heard it. When you came on the property you were overtaken by this overwhelming sense of foreboding. You could also hear what sounded like chains dragging or something being drug across the hardwood floors.

Last year in my office my calculator would just start adding numbers all by it's self and the water bottle would go off by itself and everynow and then I could see a whitish-pink haze go wafting by. Then when I would go over to my friends house we could see distinct tall dark shadows to the doorway to his room. I was very afraid of them. He eventually sold the house to get away from them. He felt very uneasy around them. Several people mentioned the feeling of uneasiness in that house. His mother even brought over a physchic.

Now up to last year. This is not as spooky, but very, very strange to me. I have always been sensitive to "spritual" sensations. Anyway, I began to sense that there was always something to the right side of me. It was often trying to get my attetnion. I kept seeing 3-4 very small little pinkish-gold orb that would playfully come at me. One night when I was sleeping with my leg hanging off the bed I felt a sensation like someone was quickly wrapping a feather bao all the way my leg and I felt like little feet step over my entire body on the bed. That scared me. Whatever this was wanted my attention very much and would sometimes rush at me to the point that I would duck. Whatever this was eventually went away.

Then about 4-5 months ago I was standing infront of my full length mirror getting dressed for work. All of a sudden I heard like an electrical soft buzzing in my ears and then like a giant static cling hug that enveloped my entire body. It was wonderful...but because I had no idea what it was I ran out of my room LOL. No one I had known had died so I don't think that was it. The strange thing is my ex died a few weeks ago. I wonder if something was trying to prepare me and comfort me. I have no idea.

Stacey

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I've had many "paranormal" experiences, however the following one is probably the most concrete and evident at least for me.

It all started 3 years ago, when I was watching a T.V. show which showed various psychic acts, which I thought were all fake. At the end of the show they said to get a normal spoon and put it on top of the T.V.. After 5 minutes of concentrating they started talking about some other subject. During that point I looked at the spoon and it was BENT- not just a tiny bit, really bent almost in half.

Since then I've been a believe in the paranormal

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
My GF and I were driving west on old hiway 44. Along the fence line pacing the car was a green orb the size of a basketball. We were both amazed and the orb faded out after about 30 sec.

I brought the incident up sometime later and her recollection of the event had changed to that she was not with me but with her good friend and how did I know of the incident as she had never told me about it.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a week ago I was falling asleep next to my beloved wife. As I drifted off, and was right on the threshold of sleep, I had a very strange experience. My right arm felt like it crashed through a boundary of sorts. like putting my arm through a window, but it was a window into...well...I don't know what.
My arm had a sudden strong sensation like it was being electrocuted. Whats weird is I got this visual in my head of my arm in the other "side" "dimension" whatever it was, like putting your arm in water almost, and the part underwater is at a different angle.

needless to say, I woke with a start, and scared the bejesus out of my wife

very weird

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Ever since I was a kid (and I was born in the '50's) I've been interested in the strange and unexplainable. In the mid '60's my dad (who was Mr. Pragmatism and believed in NOTHING paranormal) used to bring me home these paperbacks by Frank Edwards; Strange World, Stranger Than Science, etc. I had them all and devoured them. An aunt (who was "out there") gave me a Ouija board. I've visited several "haunted" places. Been open to experiencing whatever I could. And to sum it all up, I've never once had any kind of experience or observation I could attribute to paranormal or extraterrestrial. Nada. Zip. Zero. The subject still fascinates me (obviously or I wouldn't be here) but I've come to the conclusion that I'm either immune to the experience, or lacking whatever perceptive abilities are required to have the experience. But my search continues, and reading threads like Valhall's "Have I disturbed something?" and the postings of Gazrok, among other things in books, on the 'net, and on TV, keep me intrigued.

<< 1    3 >>

join